Endian & IPCop Traffic Shaping

shaft

Limp Gawd
I have used IPCop since before version 1, it is a wonderful distro, but I noticed that with traffic shaping enabled it was cutting my download speed to a crawl, about 1/4 the normal speed (i have comcast 6000/384) with traffic shaping off I get 15,000/1500- but thats powerboost kicking in, and with traffic shaping turned on i get 2,000 down and whatever uplink speed I set, anyone ever notice this or get a fix? or is it powerboost screwing things up?

BTW- I tried endian & same issue(not suprisingly, as its based on IPCop), but clarkconnect did not screw up the bandwidth, but it still messed up VOIP calls while down/uploading

I really like IPCop cuz i have a few things installed onto it
Wireless Lan, and a download proxy that stores Windows/Symantec/Adobe updates, it comes in handy when doing re-installs having the updates download at full network speed

Does this not happen to anyone else with comcast and a linux router??

BTW- I have 15 workstations, 2 servers, routed through an endian box running DHCP DNS Web Proxy HAVP, Spam filtering and content filtering on a dual PIII 450 512 ram machine connected to dsl @ 1900/512, traffic shaping works perfect there, get all of available bandwidth, with no slow down while down/uploading, so what gives with cable??

Smoothwall Express 3.0 has QoS built into it now ..plus a great community behind it and butt load of mods with more and more getting ported over from SW2.0 every week .. might wanna check it out ..might not ..just throwing it out there :)

[F]old|[H]ard

does it support the adv-proxy with update-xlrator? I need that ; )

well I got a QoS add on working on my IPCop now, i get full up/down speed with no disturbance to my VOIP, took a little time, and some learning of the classes/rules, but i have a simple set of classes/rules that seems to be working perfectly :D

Back