Ender 5 Pro random crash and reboot when loading gcode files from sd card

drjulian

n00b
Was getting random crashes and reboots when loading from sd card and I thought it might be from the old version of Marlin (0.0.8) that came with the new printer.

Following modi123's suggestion (https://support.th3dstudio.com/hc/e...r-3-3-Pro-Ender-5-5-Pro-Firmware-V4-2-X-Board) I loaded the TH3D firmware. The upgrade was successful however I still get random crashes and reboots when loading files from the sd card. After a crash or reboot, the files load fine and print properly.

Is there something I can check that might be the cause of this? Or am I looking at a defective MotherBoard? The printer is 1 day old so I can return it if I have to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

It is more likely a bad flash. I would retry the flash again. There are not many fail safes or data integrity type checks involved in the firmware upgrade. These are pretty simple machines from a computational standpoint.

Have you tried another sd card?

What app ar you using for slicing?

Have you tried another sd card?

What app ar you using for slicing?
Yes I actually tried 3 sd cards all formatted to FAT32 , same result. And when I try to print from usb I get the crash followed by a communication error.

For slicing I am using Creality3d 123, which is the supplied software and I also tried CURA 4.8.0. The crash also occurs on the sample files provided by the manufacturer.

When it does print, it prints fine.

Last edited:
It's the volts switch firmly seated to which ever is for your country?

Starting to think you may just want to rma this.

It's the volts switch firmly seated to which ever is for your country?

Starting to think you may just want to rma this.
Yes I am in the US and the the switch is set to 115. But I think you are on the right track with power. It seems the randomness has to do with if the printer is pre-heated or not when the print is started. I am thinking the sudden power draw by the heaters is causing the reboot, pointing to a defective power supply.

Is there anyway to restore the original firmware before I return it. (I currently have the TH3D Marlin 2 installed)

Back