End of Reality Game Servers - eoreality.net

Nice to know the servers will be dropped to us on the 24th so we can start configuring and setting up.

Was checking out the site and would continuously get 500 Internal Server Error, so hopefully the admin of the site is aware of that. Looks good and I might be ordering myself a server.

I've never run a server but thought I would comment as during the BF3 beta I found the eoreality servers to be the most trouble free, at least for me. No matter which I used it was stable and had little if any lag, which is a lot better then most of the others I tried.

This is happening to me, can barely get page to load.

It keeps cycling through trying to load content from different pages.

Does this happen with any other of your browsers?

All of our site's content is hosted locally, so it should not be loading any other data besides reporting to google analytics.

This is happening to me, can barely get page to load.

It keeps cycling through trying to load content from different pages.

see if my trick works.. go to the page, close the tab and reload the page, it should instantly load it if you are on chrome, i have no clue why chrome screws it up but it works fine on FF and IE. more then likely its the crappy google analytics screwing it up like he does on every other site that uses it.

We will have them.

Hes deaf.

We dont have any keys extra atm. Might soon though.

You should let me know if you get any additional keys, I'd love one. :D

This is cool though. It's kind of interesting to see [H] team-up with eoreality and Robby as I've known/been involved with the both of them for some time.

Great Partnership, Good Work Kyle/Robby and Co.

Does this happen with any other of your browsers?

All of our site's content is hosted locally, so it should not be loading any other data besides reporting to google analytics.

It appears to have stopped.

My advice for you would be, come up with a system such as gameservers.com's clanpay system.

Our group runs through thousands of dollars, and almost always has 4-6k funds sitting in our clanpay system from donation. No other host offers it, so no other host is looked at.

My advice for you would be, come up with a system such as gameservers.com's clanpay system.

Our group runs through thousands of dollars, and almost always has 4-6k funds sitting in our clanpay system from donation. No other host offers it, so no other host is looked at.

Its sad that you pick GSPs based on just this feature alone. Other GSPs have this feature btw.

Great news. Will have to pass this along to my community admins. :cool:

Its sad that you pick GSPs based on just this feature alone. Other GSPs have this feature btw.

Show me which, and unfortunately since we have all that money in that account, makes it very, VERY difficulty to switch as we can't transfer the money out.

Show me which, and unfortunately since we have all that money in that account, makes it very, VERY difficulty to switch as we can't transfer the money out.

Im not going to forward you to other companies with respect for robby. I myself started with gameservers and used that feature a long time ago. I found out that their quality of service was crap and that feature wasnt worth staying with them. I learned to just collect all the money in a paypal account and use a couple different service provider and get some of the best services out there. You could easily phase into the paypal method. I know robbys billing system supports a clanpay system though.

Im not going to forward you to other companies with respect for robby. I myself started with gameservers and used that feature a long time ago. I found out that their quality of service was crap and that feature wasnt worth staying with them. I learned to just collect all the money in a paypal account and use a couple different service provider and get some of the best services out there. You could easily phase into the paypal method. I know robbys billing system supports a clanpay system though.

We will not use any type of paypal method, nobody must have access to the money at all. It's a really, really big deal to us.

We only run dedicated servers, no shared hosting.

NFoer for life here, But i wish you all the best of luck starting up!!! Competition rocks!

We will not use any type of paypal method, nobody must have access to the money at all. It's a really, really big deal to us.

We only run dedicated servers, no shared hosting.

Well then thats your limitation and your service will be sacrificed in favor of that. It sounds like there is no trust. [H]|G is ran through a paypal account. 3 people have access to it. We will not release any info to anyone else. If its crucial then we can send Kyle a full transaction report and he can bust any financial trust issues on the spot.

Service type doesnt matter. This applies to anything whether it be shared hosting, dedicated servers, or even colocation. When you get big enough that its cheaper to colocate servers are you just gonna keep getting raped with renting a dedicated from 1 subpar company because they dont offer clanpay? Its very hard to get the best bang for your buck as well as be financially smart when doing this when your restricted by that one thing. Oh well. Im just rambling now and its not like what im saying is going to change it.

Like i said. Robbys billing panel is capable. If he offers it or not or if hes willing to do it is something he will have to say.

We do have this feature, when you sign up there is a "Group Pay" tab on your billing account which you can send a link to your clan members to donate to your account with us directly.

View the details here: https://billing.eoreality.net/knowledgebase/17/Group-Pay-Feature.html

Already got my own EOR BF3 server, Chicago hosted. Nice to see [H] partnering up.

I polled all their servers for 100 packets and ran a trace route from Vancouver Canada. Here are my results:

atl.eoreality.net - avg. 108 - best 105 - worst 126 - 12 hops
chi.eoreality.net - avg. 62 - best 60 - worst 79 - 13 hops
dal.eoreality.net - avg.71 - best 67 - worst 90 - 13 hops
lax2.eoreality.net - avg. 42 - best 38 - worst 53 - 10 hops
lon.eoreality.net - avg. 180 - best 176 - worst 196 - 10 hops
ny.eoreality.net - avg. 96 - best 94 - worst 115 - 13 hops
sea.eoreality.net - avg. 16 - best 12 - worst 34 - 6 hops
sj.eoreality.net - avg.57 - best 54 - worst 69 - 9 hops

0 percent packet loss and a difference of 20 from the best to worst pings looks good to me.

Last edited:
We do have this feature, when you sign up there is a "Group Pay" tab on your billing account which you can send a link to your clan members to donate to your account with us directly.

View the details here: https://billing.eoreality.net/knowledgebase/17/Group-Pay-Feature.html

Awesome, will be taking a look into it at some point, dedi offerings arent quite what we would require or optimally desire. May want to advertise this feature more on the front, it was not easy for someone to find that information.

A pretty neat feature you could add for your dedi offerings is an IPKVM, has been a distinct lack of GSP's offering such a feature, which would benefit us greatly, as we are quite particular in our systems.

Awesome, will be taking a look into it at some point, dedi offerings arent quite what we would require or optimally desire. May want to advertise this feature more on the front, it was not easy for someone to find that information.

A pretty neat feature you could add for your dedi offerings is an IPKVM, has been a distinct lack of GSP's offering such a feature, which would benefit us greatly, as we are quite particular in our systems.

The reason we and many other providers do not offer IPKVM or IPMI access is to prevent BIOS access, which affects things such as power consumption and system temperatures.

Our dedicated offerings are fully managed, so this may not be what you're looking for if you need RDP or SSH access. I recommend our dedicated servers for those looking for a turnkey dedicated solution and to save money on multiple gameservers.

The reason we and many other providers do not offer IPKVM or IPMI access is to prevent BIOS access, which affects things such as power consumption and system temperatures.

Our dedicated offerings are fully managed, so this may not be what you're looking for if you need RDP or SSH access. I recommend our dedicated servers for those looking for a turnkey dedicated solution and to save money on multiple gameservers.

Yea, we need bios access for a lot of stuff, and RDP and SSH is mandatory for us :(

And gameservers provides that? why do you NEED bios access for hosting gameservers?

They hook up a KVM and make modifications for us, RDP/SSH is completely provided on our r machines.

Things like Intel Turbo Boost can be tweaked for more performance, power settings tweaked for more tuning, enabling some VT technology's for instancing of a few things and so forth.

Not sure what you find funny? I am quite serious.
Because frankly asking for BIOS access on game servers, or any hosted solution is ridiculous. If you need a specific feature turned on or off you can open a ticket. Turbo Boost is largely irrelevant because the issue with game servers is most often memory, not CPU cycles. Stuff like that is why your statement was funny.

anyone else think a server company called "Reality Game Servers" was shutting down just reading the thread title?

Not sure what you find funny? I am quite serious.

Because your list of wants/needs from a company are unrealistic. Your best bet is to just stay where you are as no one else who offers quality services will be able to house you.
Your community MUST use clanpay cause no one is trustworthy to do it with paypal. You have to have KVM over IP which costs like 70 bucks a month extra not to mention there is a huge IP Address shortage.

Intel Turbo Boost does more harm then good with gameservers. You can simply open a ticket for enabling VT and other stuff.

Your stuck with gameservers. Your only option is to colocate.

Because frankly asking for BIOS access on game servers, or any hosted solution is ridiculous. If you need a specific feature turned on or off you can open a ticket. Turbo Boost is largely irrelevant because the issue with game servers is most often memory, not CPU cycles. Stuff like that is why your statement was funny.

Not quite, games like RO2, ArmA2 which we are heavily invested into are completely CPU Bound.

Because your list of wants/needs from a company are unrealistic. Your best bet is to just stay where you are as no one else who offers quality services will be able to house you.
Your community MUST use clanpay cause no one is trustworthy to do it with paypal. You have to have KVM over IP which costs like 70 bucks a month extra not to mention there is a huge IP Address shortage.

Intel Turbo Boost does more harm then good with gameservers. You can simply open a ticket for enabling VT and other stuff.

Your stuck with gameservers. Your only option is to colocate.

We use clanpay because it allows us to completely skip us having people saying that we are siphoning funds inappropriately etc. Currently we have over 5k in our clanpay. People really get bent out of shape pretty easily over money, and it helps assure them that the money will retain with us, and not an individual who decides to pull a dick move.

Our list is completely reasonable and met happily with our current GSP. In-fact other hosts do offer everything but clan-pay, so it's not as unreasonable as you think.

We do use tickets, and they tend to catch me on IRC and we work through them together.

You need to keep in mind that in Dedicated realm, you are not sharing the machine. GS is partnered with some of the same companies as EO on the network side, so our service is likely to be ~about the same.

I just was offering suggestions that I look for and know there are others after it besides myself.

Not quite, games like RO2, ArmA2 which we are heavily invested into are completely CPU Bound.
Going a bit off-topic on this thread, but if you are having CPU performance issues then Turbo Boost isn't going to make a difference, you need to upgrade to a different CPU altogether. Turbo Boost is a marketing gimmick for end-users and not that applicable for datacenters where power consumption and heat dissipation should for operational purposes be close to constant for each racked machine. Adding 10% to the CPU cycles via Turbo Boost won't nearly make as much of a difference as opposed to upgrading the CPU to a higher class in the first place.

We use clanpay because it allows us to completely skip us having people saying that we are siphoning funds inappropriately etc. Currently we have over 5k in our clanpay. People really get bent out of shape pretty easily over money, and it helps assure them that the money will retain with us, and not an individual who decides to pull a dick move.

Our list is completely reasonable and met happily with our current GSP. In-fact other hosts do offer everything but clan-pay, so it's not as unreasonable as you think.

We do use tickets, and they tend to catch me on IRC and we work through them together.

You need to keep in mind that in Dedicated realm, you are not sharing the machine. GS is partnered with some of the same companies as EO on the network side, so our service is likely to be ~about the same.

I just was offering suggestions that I look for and know there are others after it besides myself.

If you need to go into the bios to turn on turbo, you might need to look for a gsp that has better hardware. Like others have said, your request are a little unrealistic and I find way over the top. If you are happy with your current provider... fine. Stop thread crapping in this one.

Can you be more detailed. Ill let kyle know of this issue.

It's completely random. It could be a red arrow to go see last post or a subject header. It's not one specific link. Any link on the site at anytime can redirect me to their site.
I would see the redirect about once or maybe twice a day. The first time I though that I misclicked the advert banner, but when it happened the second time I was browsing a forum post.

Seems like others are having the issue too:
Yes its quite annoying

Going a bit off-topic on this thread, but if you are having CPU performance issues then Turbo Boost isn't going to make a difference, you need to upgrade to a different CPU altogether. Turbo Boost is a marketing gimmick for end-users and not that applicable for datacenters where power consumption and heat dissipation should for operational purposes be close to constant for each racked machine. Adding 10% to the CPU cycles via Turbo Boost won't nearly make as much of a difference as opposed to upgrading the CPU to a higher class in the first place.

Not really, it actually does make quite a performance boost on the processor if you tune it to stand inside turbo frequency more often and so forth. 400mhz can and does make an impact in these games. Spend some time with them and you will come to the same conclusion. The E3 1270 is quite a nice processor, and to go faster, requires a deep pocket that most GSP's would rather not provide.

If you need to go into the bios to turn on turbo, you might need to look for a gsp that has better hardware. Like others have said, your request are a little unrealistic and I find way over the top. If you are happy with your current provider... fine. Stop thread crapping in this one.

Turn on? No, tweak variables? Yes.

The requests I made are not all that unrealistic, RDP/SSH are very common offerings at every GSP. An IP KVM would be an amazing option we would love to pay for, even if it was something like a 24hr rental on the kvm and so forth.

I offered some suggestions that to me really would stand out as having those options available, and would happily pay for. They were not complaints or thread-crapping in any way. Just offering suggestions to them.

Can you all keep track of what links its doing it on? Not enough info to trace it down.

Replying to your post brought up a redirect. I right clicked into the message/quick reply box and I was redirected just now.
The same happened in the BF3 thread, right clicked into the messagequick reply box and I was redirected.

Either right or left click in the message box below or advanced message box. Try to quote someone and then right or left click in the message.
You may have to try it a few times here or in other places of the sites. Very hard to replicate but it will happen eventually.

In the meantime, I went ahead and blocked their site from my PC.

Last edited:
Replying to your post brought up a redirect. I right clicked into the message/quick reply box and I was redirected just now.
The same happened in the BF3 thread, right clicked into the messagequick reply box and I was redirected.

Either right or left click in the message box below or advanced message box. Try to quote someone and then right or left click in the message.
You may have to try it a few times here or in other places of the sites. Very hard to replicate but it will happen eventually.

In the meantime, I went ahead and blocked their site from my PC.

interesting, just tried it in a bunch of threads, didn't happen to me. you might want to check your system. especially if you are using FF.. my sisters system is having random redirects ever since she updated to FF7 or what ever the new version is called.

Back