End of Eternity - Sega/Tri-ace RPG

Very intriguing, but what's with the strange bedfellows? I thought tri-Ace was Square Enix's property?

That alone is enough to keep my attention.

Cutscenes that look like every jrpg i've ever seen. Slow mo, effeminette dudes, chicks with the wind blowing in their hair.

Show me some gameplay!

Cutscenes that look like every jrpg i've ever seen. Slow mo, effeminette dudes, chicks with the wind blowing in their hair.

Show me some gameplay!

The Japanese love their CGs.

I hope this isn't another crappy RPG.

so very little information hard to tell anything about the game aside from the fact it uses guns (not a huge gun rpg fan).

But I am mostly excited because of this: "Directing reins for the game will be handled by Takayuki Suguro, who has previously worked on tri-Ace game Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria, and planner for Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story."

Loved each of those games so I have high hopes for this one even with little to no information.

CG Trailers typically mean nothing to me. JRPG's are 70% battle system, 30% story, as far as what's important to me is concerned.

Tri Ace game, yay! Love them Valkyrie Pofiles. As for Tri Ace being SE's property. I'm pretty sure they are an independent developer that SE published for.

Tri Ace game, yay! Love them Valkyrie Pofiles. As for Tri Ace being SE's property. I'm pretty sure they are an independent developer that SE published for.
You are correct - this is Tri-Ace's first collaboration with Sega. My guess is that they weren't terribly pleased with how SE handled SO4, or, maybe even more likely, SE wasn't happy with the quality of their recent games (IUD, anyone?).

valkyrie chronicles and valkyrie profile........they had to collaborate based on this alone.

The fact that Square hasn't really done much of anything outstanding on the ps3 or xbox probably makes working with other companies seem just that much more appealing.

The fact that Square hasn't really done much of anything outstanding on the ps3 or xbox probably makes working with other companies seem just that much more appealing.
That's some weird reasoning. The recent unimpressive stuff on the 360 (SO4, IUD) was developed by Tri-Ace themselves - switching publishers isn't going to fix that problem. :)

That's some weird reasoning. The recent unimpressive stuff on the 360 (SO4, IUD) was developed by Tri-Ace themselves - switching publishers isn't going to fix that problem. :)

It could, however, get them more sales if the advertising is right. Not sure if there was much advertisement for SO4 or IUD.

It could, however, get them more sales if the advertising is right. Not sure if there was much advertisement for SO4 or IUD.

More funding as well, if they make a game under Sega they help with the cost and organization of the product.

Back