Enclosure Builds! Show off your setup!

Discussion in '3D Printers & Projects' started by guitarslingerchris, Jan 11, 2019.

1. guitarslingerchris

guitarslingerchris Failure is just success rounded down

Well I just wanted to show off my latest, of many many, changes to my printing setup and I decided this might be a good way to get this part of the forum going a little bit better as I forget it exists constantly.

Rules:
    1. Post a pic, if you want to comment on someone else's setup then show us yours or find one online cool enough to justify you posting a setup that isn't yours.
    2. Tell us what we're looking at, why it's awesome and whether or not we should fuck off if we don't like it.
    3. I just felt like a third rule should be here. Just kidding about #1, I want you guys to post pics but I want some interaction here so we can get this sub-forum slightly more active.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. guitarslingerchris

guitarslingerchris Failure is just success rounded down

I decided I wanted an enclosure for my Prusa MK2S (soon to be MK2.5) and I was originally doing one thing, then another, then a year passed and I decided to just do a Lack enclosure to get it done with and then I bought all the things and said fuck it and bought this instead. It's a 15U rack 24" deep. It's definitely oversized for this printer alone but I have some plans including relocating the electronics underneath the sliding shelf where I can have a separate chamber with cooling that won't affect the prints.

I'm absolutely in love with it so far and I've only just put it together and tossed the printer in there just to see how it fit.

20190110_222318.jpg

20190110_230532.jpg 20190110_230537.jpg 20190110_230542.jpg 20190110_230754.jpg

Supercharged_Z06 likes this.
  3. Supercharged_Z06

Supercharged_Z06 2[H]4U

guitarslingerchris, you may need to tape up all the vents/holes from the inside so the main compartment has an easier job of building up and maintaining a stable/steady interior temp for ABS. Other than that, looks great!

108513_IMG_0306.jpg

My Lack enclosure from another thread - still working to figure out how to stuff my new MK3 + MMU into it and manage all the spools externally.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    guitarslingerchris likes this.
  4. XViper

XViper Gawd

Custom enclosure with thick acrylic panels. Fire suppression. I have a two more that aren't kept in the enclosure for making fun toys for the kids. I have a Palette 2 hooked up to one of those that I've been playing around with.

Attached Files:

guitarslingerchris likes this.