Enchanted Arms (comments please) (X360)

RancidWAnnaRIot

EspantaPajaros
Hey,

So I'm in the mood for a jRPG. Anyway, is this one any good? Seems like the only con i've read is that battles happen alittle too often. That and the english dubbing (everyone seems to recommend that you leave it in japnese and read the subtitles).

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It is a jRPG - if that's what you're looking for, that is what you'll find ;)

I liked it. I left the english subtitles on. I thought the story was reasonably interesting. The random encounters did get a little excessive at some points but not too bad. There are also a couple REALLY hard boss battles, but a bit of grinding or buying tons of healing potions took care of those. It was my first jRPG and it didn't turn me off to the genre, if that helps. Plus, you get 1000 achievement points for playing through normally.

I liked it. Random battles were over the top, especially when you would get into them when going over old areas where the enemies are too weak to do you any harm. Made poking around tiresome. Story was kinda funny I thought, main character is an idiot. Made for some memorable conversations. I'll never forget the monk guy either.

It's ok. I liked it at the time, and the battles had a slight strategic aspect to them with the limited movement grid to keep them from being too much of a grind. That and you could auto-fight if it was blatantly obvious you'll win. After playing FFXII I doubt I'd enjoy the game as much as I did at the time, since FFXII was such a better game overall, but ignorance is bliss. I enjoyed Enchanted Arms well enough when I first played it. It's an easy 1000 points since you'll hit every single achievement just by playing normally (except perhaps the "good ending" one, but I'm not sure how you get a "bad" ending).

it's not bad. It's not really memorable either but it gets teh job done.

Definately play with subtitles instead of english dub though or you'll hate the game in seconds :D And the annoying gay dude in the beginning is only in the game for maybe 2 hours.

Enchanted Arms is far from the best jRPG out there, but it's a pretty decent title. I'd say the game is about 40-45 hours, including the side quest (read: Holy Beast Shrine). The combat is turn-based, but the grid system makes it a little different than a FF clone. The only piece of advice I'd have is to make sure that you switch to the Japanese language track - the English voiceovers are horrible.

deception``

It kept my attention for a while and I got addicted but once I beat it I never really went back. If you like JRPG you will like this game.

personally, I lost interest about three hours in.

I like the concept of a grid system, but unlike other games that use them (Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem) the combatants are stuck on seperate sides of an invisible line. Think along the lines of a net free tennis court.

Taking flanking, backstabbing, terrain advantages etc. out of a grid based system really took away from the experience for me.

On the other hand, most of the other characters in the game were memorable, and it looked pretty as hell in parts.

I just read the PS3 review btw. Doesn't have any online support!

So definately for anyone looking, make sure you get the 360 version if you have both systems

Back