Enable SSE1 & 2, MMX, and 3Dnow in HL2.

SnowBeast

[H]ard|Gawd
nice valve.

r_mmx 1
r_3dnow 1
r_sse 1
r_sse2 1

Put those in your console before starting HL2 or CS:S.

I have played with them and have best performance with sse2 and 3dnow for some reason. After 6 tests, increase in fps by 7-8fps on average. Hey, every little bit helps. :)

Just what the hell does this have to do with AMD processors? :rolleyes:

Fricken dips can't read the forum title I swear! :mad:

CentronMe said:

'
Well considering AMD does support most of those...whats the problem? lol nooblets

DASHlT

From newegg on the 2800+

Model: AMD Athlon 64 2800+
Operating Frequency: 1.8GHz
FSB: Integrated into Chip
Cache: L1/64K+64K; L2/ 512KB
Voltage: 1.5V
Process: 0.13Micron
Socket: Socket 754
****************Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNOW!, 3DNOW!+**************
Packaging: OEM(Processor Only)

DASHlT

I'm surprised that the engine does not auto-detect these and configure itself. I think it is stupid if it doesn't - It should NOT require manual intervention to fully utilize your CPU.

OoOOo, i did get a little boost... the frame rate seems to be more stable in draw-distancy areas...

THANKS!!!!

CentronMe said:
Games & Gaming Equipment forum is -->

This has nothing to do with a CPU, rather a game. It belongs in the gaming forum, simple as that. :rolleyes:
do you happen to know what SSE1, SSE2, MMX and 3Dnow are? They are used by the CPU, and AMD CPU's use them. I don't see why you're freaking out, if this was in case mods i could understand, you're just going overboard.

I wouldn't argue against the post being here, but it would fit in better over in gaming & give people with Intel hardware who don't read the AMD board a chance to see it too...

The question is, can you enable SSE3 too?

Josh_B said:
I'm surprised that the engine does not auto-detect these and configure itself. I think it is stupid if it doesn't - It should NOT require manual intervention to fully utilize your CPU.
It does auto detect them.

OMfg my fps went upzorz! ...placebo...:rolleyes:

CentronMe said:

So you are the official "dumbshit that starts shit" around here huh? no matter. My AMD 3500+ supports all those THATS WHY I POSTED!! Next time in Video Cards? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I won't try to help anyone here again. :cool:

Silverghost said:
It does auto detect them.

OMfg my fps went upzorz! ...placebo...:rolleyes:

Not placebo. They were not on in my config file in the steam folder.

What is with the high and mighty fucking super nerd syndrome around here? So one trys to throw a lending hand and you shit on them? Wouldn't happen in the real world. Must a bunch of teeny boppers here at times. You two though seem to be most hostile compared to the nicer ppl of the forum. Get over yourselves. :rolleyes:

they dont have to be in the config file to be enabled.

mine arn't, and if i type r_mmx or whatever, the console says they are enabled without having to type 1 after it.

does this work for cs:s too? well i ma go try and ill post wioth result running VST..

Back