Emule

Glyphic

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, I haven't used emule in a while so, I reinstalled it, and opened the right ports, I find some things to d/l, over 3 gbs of stuff, I start to download, collecting sources, only a few kb/s being downloaded from me, downloading at a few kb, and an old problem I haven't had in a few weeks returns, my internet dies, but my cable modem lights still blink for transmit/recieve, and only a reset of the modem will cause the internet to work, anyone know what might be wrong, could it be some kind of cap or what? This is preventing me from downloading anything, since everytime it goes down I have to recollect sources :/

Could be your modem can't handle many connections at once.

Happens to be if I'm downloading a shitload. I had to done down the number of simultaneous connections in emule.

well, I was using emule plus, deleted that and then used the reg version of emule, all my connection problems solved! at least for now

Which modem are you using? I have a Linksys BEFCMU10 that does the same thing periodically when using Bittorrent with a large number of connections. It's a known issue, and theres a thread at DSLReports regarding the issue.

The latest firmware is supposed to fix the bug, but only the ISP can update it and Adelphia apparently isn't too worried about the problem :mad:

no I have an older modem, it's a few years old but my brother doesn't see any reason to get a new one :/

Back