Emulating Xbox 360 Games On PC!

erek

[H]F Junkie
"How much graphical power do you need to run Xbox 360 games on PC? Well as it turns out, quite a lot. Today I'm testing Red Dead Redemption and Skate on my i5 and RTX 3070 PC using Xenia, an Xbox 360 emulator."

I might want to try that. I usually play Xbox 360 on PC using Elgato HD60S + and the visuals look good, without having too much GPU usage on my RTX 2080.

Last time I played with 360 emulators it was a pain to get the games I actually own working right. At this point I'll get the new Xbox in a couple years to be able to play anyrhing seemlessly.

More a function of the Xbox 360 emulators out there not being very advanced or optimized. It doesn't really take a ton of power when done right, as you can see from Xbox 360 emulation on Xbox One. That isn't a very powerful system by today's standards, yet it emulates plenty of 360 games real well. It just has a very good emulator, on account of it being worked on full time by some very talented developers.

Wowee, I'm surprised it's so violently GPU limited.

Wonder what it's doing that's so staggeringly heavy

I don't see much point in messing with buggy emulators for 360 games when most of them are on PC natively and you can play almost all of them (if not all at this point) on a $150 or less XBone at this point. For PS1-3 games though, emulation makes much more sense since they had better exclusives and Sony refuses to support them on current consoles.

I don't see much point in messing with buggy emulators for 360 games when most of them are on PC natively and you can play almost all of them (if not all at this point) on a $150 or less XBone at this point. For PS1-3 games though, emulation makes much more sense since they had better exclusives and Sony refuses to support them on current consoles.
Mostly so people can play pirate games. Also to legit players that don't want to repurchases a PC version of games they already own.

Mostly so people can play pirate games. Also to legit players that don't want to repurchases a PC version of games they already own.

Yeah, I figured. I've repurchased a lot of my old 360 games on PC though for $5 or so, like Gears games and recently Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (which I also posted about in the review your recently played games thread).

As an adult, I don't need to pirate games anymore at least.

Yeah, I figured. I've repurchased a lot of my old 360 games on PC though for $5 or so, like Gears games and recently Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (which I also posted about in the review your recently played games thread).

For me, emulators exist mostly for split screen games. It sucks that most pc counterparts drop split screen function.

I'm only interested in emulation in order to play older console games that never made it to PC. Like RDR1 and such. I no longer have any Xbox consoles, but I do still have a bunch of older 360 games laying around. There aren't many Xbox 360 titles that never made it to PC, but Sony and Nintendo have a pile of 'em. PS3 emulation seems to be more advanced than 360 emulation based on this video, but it's still not good. Nintendo emulation is pretty damn good, though. Even clunky 'ol Cemu more or less works if you have the horsepower and know-how.

Who said anything about pirating? You can load the media through a ROM drive on your PC just like you would a console. Any emulator that uses CD/IMG/ISO format will allow you to do it.

If the game is a blu ray on a console, you have to have a blu ray drive in your PC to read the disk, ect.

Who said anything about pirating? You can load the media through a ROM drive on your PC just like you would a console. Any emulator that uses CD/IMG/ISO format will allow you to do it.

If the game is a blu ray on a console, you have to have a blu ray drive in your PC to read the disk, ect.
You know majority of people do not use emulators legitimately.

Who said anything about pirating?
The guy I quoted and responded to..?
Mostly so people can play pirate games.

I think most people here understand how to legally play emulated games and that the vast majority of people don't play them like that though. Like I said before though; I'll spend the $5 or so for the PC port or play it on my XBone before I bother with emulating 360 games.

Back