Employee of the Century

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know, I can’t really put my finger on it but there is something I really like about this guy. I probably wouldn’t buy a Mac from him, but he seems really cool. :D Thanks to Jessie Lawrence for the picture!

Wonder what's below the two warning signs. Something vulgar, or something X-rated?

I showed this to my boss and we were making fun of his name.

Sick Phuc

Little Phuc

"Hey is he coming to work today?"
"No, Phuc off"

When I worked at Comp USSR back in the mid-late 1990's we had a customer come into the store named Phuc Ho. Had I not seen his driver's license I wouldn't have believed it. It was funny as hell. The head cashier needed to page him to the front of the store (I believe they processed a credit app for the guy) and she wasn't going to get on the intercom and say "Paging Phuc Ho."

As a Vietnamese [H]ardOCP reader I'm actually offended by this. Making fun of Macs is one thing, but this is down right wrong.

As a Vietnamese [H]ardOCP reader I'm actually offended by this. Making fun of Macs is one thing, but this is down right wrong.

We make fun of the French and the EU all the time. Americans too. Lighten up.

When I worked at Comp USSR back in the mid-late 1990's we had a customer come into the store named Phuc Ho. Had I not seen his driver's license I wouldn't have believed it. It was funny as hell. The head cashier needed to page him to the front of the store (I believe they processed a credit app for the guy) and she wasn't going to get on the intercom and say "Paging Phuc Ho."

At the skating rink near where i grew up, the owners wife's name was "Ho Eng". Also there was a "Hung Dong Meat Market" in the area. It was one of those things that no matter how often you saw it, you still giggled like a little girl.

When I worked at a hospital, one of my co-workers told me about the time she had to transport a Mr. Hofucker down to X-Ray or something. No joke. That was the guy's last name. She had to go up to him and ask him, "Are you Mr. Hofucker?" while checking his armband to verify his identity.

Actually, the name is pronounced more like "phoop", not phook or anything like that. Being immersed in viet culture, I don't really find this that funny. At least his name isn't like Lông Đông.

Back