Employee ID Badge That Monitors And Listens To You At Work

On the one hand, this sort of seems like it could develop into a Star Trek style comm badge, which is great.

On the other hand, this is going to be used to make firing/hiring decisions, which is scary.

problem is in order for others to hear you, you do not have to tap it, unlike the Star Trek the communicator that had to be opened or tapped first... even though it knows where you are, it does not listen to you unless you tap it first.

IMHO this is bad idea and one step closer to big brother control....

me I would just stick it in my back pocket and let it listen to me fart on night shift....

TK421 - why aren't you at your post?
I know a lot of people that have monitoring software on their laptops that capture your screen and even periodically use your video camera to make sure you are actually in front of your laptop. It's the price to pay for "work at home" for some people.

I had TimeDoctor at my last job. Constant snooping on all possible channels. Takes me about 3 minutes to take a leak and wash my hands

This company will likely find out that micro-managing at this level is counter-productive and hurts workplace moral.

Seriously, this takes micro-managing to a whole new level. On the flip side, you have modern tech companies who allow their employees greater freedom but actually get more out of them because of it.

Hasn't stopped Corporate America before from implementing things which hurt actual productivity for the appearance of productivity.

when you're at the top of management and no one talks to you so you force them by wearing lanyards.
when you have nothing else better to do but listen to your co workers convo just in case they say something about you.

i'd rather leave my job than be the next victim to get burned at the stake.

Managers standing around laughing:

"So then I said, 'You shouldn't be doing anything you don't want overheard anyway! If you don't like it, you can just find a job elsewhere!' Hahaha! 'Find a job!!!'"

But it is OK that the police have to wear them with a camera. It records what they say. It sees what they see. We want them ALL to wear them. But when YOU have to wear one it is heresy.

So funny.

With that said, the NSA and quite a few others can already do that with your phone which is in your pocket.

But it's not in my pocket. It's in a lock box near the entrance to the building and can't be brought inside. Nor can I bring in my tablet or my ipod, or a smart watch or a any wearable tech at all. I can't bring in a thumb drive or a any removable media. I wonder how long before everyone else catches on.

But it's not in my pocket. It's in a lock box near the entrance to the building and can't be brought inside. Nor can I bring in my tablet or my ipod, or a smart watch or a any wearable tech at all. I can't bring in a thumb drive or a any removable media. I wonder how long before everyone else catches on.
I doubt they would need to use your phone since your whole building is already cammed and mic'ed to the hilt.

I wonder if the guy who listens to all that crap has to wear a monitor too... they could be recording the conversations that they already recorded. I often throw a 'i can't believe some lowlife has to read this message' when i email one of my friends outside of work.

Well, I think in most cases, no one is actually reading the email or listening to the recording. They just save it off and catalogue it, and if they ever have a reason to investigate something, then they pull it up and check it out.

It's like the San Bernadino shooters, the guy that worked for the County. After the action was over and they were both dead, that's when people started going through things.

Back