Empire at War

Kahnvex

2[H]4U
I didn't see any other threads regarding this, but I'm sure you'll all let me know if I missed it... =)

I have only began to play it, but EOW is totally rocking my socks off. I think so far it is one of the coolest RTS's I've played in a while. I'm not into the long haul yet, but I think the sound gameplay and graphics are top notch, and it feels like a lot of work went into this game.

What do the rest of you think about it?

I definitely think this game kicks ass...

Although, IMO, a couple of things could have been done to make it better :

1. Better detail on the ships and bigger ground units (AT - AT etc)
2. Have the option of having a unit cap. It kinda sucked when I didnt know about the unit cap. Built like 50 ships of various types only to have 6 appear in the space battle at a time.

But its real sweet though...even with the unit cap, space battles still rock...ground battles too...especially at 1920x1200 and max everything :D:D:D

edit : oh and the Emperor doesnt look anything like the real dude :D Vaders voice is pretty damn close though..

I think it's pretty fun but controls could have been better. Also, the lack of cinematics really disappointed me. :'(

It didn't have the same wow factor as say, the very first command & conquer, or warcraft 3 but I still like it.

Upon further play I sorta feel that the story mode is "iffy at best" and that the controls could be tighter. Still fairly impressed with it, but yeah. we'll see how she plays out

What difficulty are you all playing this at? I'm just curious, as the game is totally serving me a whooping right now.

Also, did you all try story mode? Or just straight to conquest?

It seems the rebels hav ethe advantage in space battles (helps being able to churn out lots-o Y-wings, plus the MonCal cruise is hard as nails). BUT Imperial def seem to have the advantage on the ground. Troops cost next to nothing and Vader on the ground is unstopable (he is ok in space).

Thats what I'm experiencing as we speak. I'm owning every space battle with minimal losses, but I'm getting the holy hell kicked out of me soon as I hit planetside.

I just can't throw enough troops into the meat grinder it seems.

Kahnvex said:
Thats what I'm experiencing as we speak. I'm owning every space battle with minimal losses, but I'm getting the holy hell kicked out of me soon as I hit planetside.

I just can't throw enough troops into the meat grinder it seems.

Yer space battles when I was doing the Rebel mission were easy. Even with the final few battles leading upto the death-star, I was facing something like 10 star destroyers (in total) of all classes and still kicked their ass, the next few planets only difference was I had the MonCal at my disposal (expensive and slow to build) all that did was speed up the battles.

I am now doing the rebel mission and I am just walking around with Vader, his power on the land basically make him invinible, he can take out all vehicals and when faced with troops his light-saber makes him equally invicble

Back