Eminem's Performance of "Venom" Was Recorded with Google Pixel 3 Phones

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Eminem recorded his performance of "Venom" on Jimmy Kimmel Live using the camera on the recently released Google Pixel 3 phone. The video playback is set to 720p60 HD which never looks the best on my 4K screen. What do you think of the video quality? Worth $800 - $1,000?

Eminem's exclusive performance of "Venom" from high atop the Empire State Building. Presented by Google Pixel 3.

How did they change the focus from so far to so close like that? Pretty sure no phone can do that still..

if the entirety of the video was shot on the Pixel 3 I'd say I'm impressed with the low light shots for sure

jimmy kimmel really loves to talk since he joined the cool kids table and got a celebrity trainer, he went the extreme opposite direction as adam carolla, so strange. his monologues are so full of platitudes and pure emotion my eyes sometimes get stuck rolled into the back of my head. eminem is just another rich celeb with no clue either.

I'm watching on a 5k monitor and it's not the sharpest video, but the noise in dark areas is better than I expected (though still blotchy...esp if I pause the video). I'm not sure if it'd look much better on youtube if it was higher res. I've definitely seen a lot worse.

Watched this on 32" 4k LG monitor:

Shot with a $800+ Pixel 3 that can do 4K @ 30fps

And with Enema rapping all the way up

With all the works $pent for a Kimmel show...

...yet why 720p?

Why? Why do this? Is it some artistic stunt? Just because you can? Certainly, someone with his resources doesn't need to shoe-string it. Paid by Google? Probably. Do I care enough about this "entertainer" that I will actually make myself watch the video? Nope!

I generally never liked rap music. And watching that I'm reminded why.

I feel like this song in particular is just low effort made just for the movie. His earlier stuff is much better but most rap tends to be more misses than hits.

Why? Why do this? Is it some artistic stunt? Just because you can? Certainly, someone with his resources doesn't need to shoe-string it. Paid by Google? Probably. Do I care enough about this "entertainer" that I will actually make myself watch the video? Nope!
Basically. It's like that movie no one saw called Unsane that was entirely shot on an iPhone 7 Plus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsane_(film)

I heard in an interview he named himself Eminem after the candy because his whole life he pretended to be hard on the outside and black on the inside.

Wow! Not a lot of rap or hip-hop fans on here huh? Eminem changed the whole biz and I got mad respect for his talent. If all of the video was shot on the pixel 3 phone I too am impressed but don't take this song or video any further than a commercial for the movie and phone period and for that it's pretty good!

Wow! Not a lot of rap or hip-hop fans on here huh? Eminem changed the whole biz and I got mad respect for his talent. If all of the video was shot on the pixel 3 phone I too am impressed but don't take this song or video any further than a commercial for the movie and phone period and for that it's pretty good!

I'm in the "You kids get out of my yard!" crowd now. My taste in music evolved from the hard rock/heavy metal of the 70 and 80 to now I like to listen to the popular singers of the 50s and 60s like Frank Senatra, Mel Torme, Johnny Hartman, as well as the Jazz of the era and the latin influenced Bossa Nova.
So officially I've traded in my man card for an oldman card.

On my 1080p LED monitor, 720p looked pretty good even at full screen. For a phone to do that is somewhat impressive but not enough to get me to cough up the dough to buy a Google Pixel 3.

How did they change the focus from so far to so close like that? Pretty sure no phone can do that still..

Exactly what I was wondering. If the Pixel 3 really did that, I find that incredibly impressive. I'm off to see my iPhone X can accomplish the same feat.

Update: Nope

Last edited:

I have listened to hip hop forever but Eminem basically has only had 1 schtick. It was "revolutionary" on his first few songs that he would say "edgy, non PC stuff" but at this age it's like dude, what are you still so angry about? Also when looking at what he's actually rapping about, most of the time it's just random words and things out of context just to make shit rhyme. I'm unimpressed with that.

I have listened to hip hop forever but Eminem basically has only had 1 schtick. It was "revolutionary" on his first few songs that he would say "edgy, non PC stuff" but at this age it's like dude, what are you still so angry about? Also when looking at what he's actually rapping about, most of the time it's just random words and things out of context just to make shit rhyme. I'm unimpressed with that.

You're always going to have haters on both sides of the spectrum. "Why does he make fun of MJ and other celebs? What is this weird music video? This isn't Em!" "Why if he so angry? Why can't he just rap about fun stuff?" Just take it at face value, you either like it or don't. I loved 90% of what was on his 2002 album but he's kind of fallen off for me after that along with most rap, you kind of outgrow it.

Ole boy has put some weight on. Song was ok but the same shit he always does.

You're always going to have haters on both sides of the spectrum. "Why does he make fun of MJ and other celebs? What is this weird music video? This isn't Em!" "Why if he so angry? Why can't he just rap about fun stuff?" Just take it at face value, you either like it or don't. I loved 90% of what was on his 2002 album but he's kind of fallen off for me after that along with most rap, you kind of outgrow it.

I basically agree with everything you said. I think a better measure of an artist is their ability to grow and evolve. I don't think I stopped listening to Jay Z until maybe 2 albums ago? So that's a pretty long run. By comparison, Eminem hasn't evolved at all, in my opinion.

Meh, rap died after Dre released 2001 (The chronic 2001). Long gone are the days of Outkast, Wu-Tang Clan, Dre, Snoop, Biggie, Tupac, Mobb Deep, etc. The "rap" out today is just complete garbage, maybe that's why the OGs are coming back.

I basically agree with everything you said. I think a better measure of an artist is their ability to grow and evolve. I don't think I stopped listening to Jay Z until maybe 2 albums ago? So that's a pretty long run. By comparison, Eminem hasn't evolved at all, in my opinion.

I can agree with that, he found his niche and kind of stuck with it. I think he's lost a lot of his motivation to make hit tracks these days. His response to MGK was pretty good so he seems to only bring out his best when he's picking fights.

I can agree with that, he found his niche and kind of stuck with it. I think he's lost a lot of his motivation to make hit tracks these days. His response to MGK was pretty good so he seems to only bring out his best when he's picking fights.

It's funny you say that, I think MGK pretty much slaughtered him although I will admit I am biased because MGK basically said what I was thinking which is what I posted here (that Em just plays the angry white guy and has no versatility).

Fuck Eminem, the fuckin child that he is.

I hope a real nigga cap’s his ass,

With cement or quick drying glue.

You all thought I meant eminem getting shot.

Admit it :)

Back