Email spam filter questions

Discussion in 'General Software' started by IceDigger, Feb 10, 2004.

1. IceDigger

IceDigger [H]ardForum Junkie

I have some questions about spam in emails.

What is the best program to use against spam via a pop email account? Best freeware one and best pay for one.

How do you stop gettings hundreds of emails in per day that are just plain junk? Got a client with this problem and I'm not very experienced when it comes to emails since I don't use email much. No viruses or spyware are on his system. We called her isp too and they said she had a virus and it wasnt thier problem and I checked her system and she had 0 viruses or spyware with the latest versions of AVG and spybot.

2. Met-AL

Met-AL [H]ardness Supreme

Best spam filtering software is hands down Norton AntiSpam. I have it and it works great. It integrates with Outlook 2000, XP, 2003, etc. Uses no resources, in fact you cant tell it's even installed except that it filters the spam. It is incredibly accurate. PC Magazine reviewed several spam applications...MacAfee, Norton, and some others. Norton won by a large margin.

The free ones they reviewed all seemed to perform poorly. Especially compared to Norton or even MacAffee's antispam software.

3. IceDigger

Does it work with thunderbird? I need one for that program.

4. TerryG

TerryG Limp Gawd

5. Met-AL

Met-AL [H]ardness Supreme

As far as I know it does. It says it works with any POP3 email program.

Key Features

Filters unwanted email messages in any POP3-compliant email program by adding a “spam” tag in the Subject field.

Integrates with Microsoft® Outlook,® Microsoft Outlook Express, and Eudora® by adding spam-fighting functions to their toolbars.

Works with Outlook to filter out junk email from Hotmail® and MSN® Mail accounts.

Allowed List ensures that mail from family, friends, and colleagues isn’t flagged as spam.

Trusted Mode tags messages from anyone not on your Allowed List as spam.

Blocked List enables you to block email from specific email addresses.

Intelligent filtering engine learns what is and isn’t spam by analyzing your outgoing messages.

Ad blocking speeds Web page download times and reduces screen clutter by eliminating pop-up, pop-under, and banner ads.

LiveUpdate™ automatically checks for new protection updates when you’re online.*

Includes product activation procedure to ensure authenticity. (more)

6. Falls Included

Falls Included I'm happy & gay too

i dont see how you even have spam...

i have 3 email accounts that ive had for a long time, and i check them regularly, and i NEVER get spam. once like every 6 monthes, the oldest one i have, gets one thing, maybe.

other than that useless dribble, no, i cant help you, sorry:D

7. IceDigger

From what she told me an irate old employee basically bombed her computer the day before she left with viruses and the like and a week later is when she started getting all the junk emails. Thats probably where they came from. She now has a new pc that I built for her and is still getting a ton of spam and like I said she has 0 viruses or spyware.