email issues

jeffmoss26

2[H]4U
Hoping someone may have some insight on this.
I currently use Outlook 2003 to manage my Adelphia email and my college email.
For some reason, I can not send messages from my Adelphia email account through Outlook. I get an error message saying this, for example
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 9/11/2006 4:44 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'[email protected]' on 9/11/2006 4:44 PM
550 relaying mail to gmail.om is not allowed

I checked with Adelphia (now Time Warner) and verified the proper server settings. They had me send a test message from my Adelphia email to my Adelphia email, which came back fine. Just to be sure, I sent a message from Adelphia's webmail to another email and it worked fine. So I am thinking there is a problem with Outlook. Not sure what it is, any help would be appreciated!
-Jeff

Well first off, you forgot the C in .com

Secondly, are you on Adelphia's network or at school?
I know that here Road Runner will not allow you to send an email through their SMTP servers unless you are on a PC on their network.

i just did it the right way. same thing.
i'm at school. but like i said it works from the webmail site.

I, along with everyone I know in So Cal that has TW or Adelphia, have had issues with Adelphia and Time warner email since they did this switch. I got fed up with it after a couple weeks and stopped using it altogether. Customer service has told all of us (on separate occasions) that this is the first they have heard of it ( :rolleyes: ). We were getting different errors, though, like server timeouts, etc.

jeffmoss26 said:
i'm at school.

I just noticed you said that. You won't be able to send mail using your Adelphia account unless you are connected to thier backbone. If you are connecting using some other ISP you should be able to receive Adelphia mail, but you won't be able to send it.

CompuDrew said:
I just noticed you said that. You won't be able to send mail using your Adelphia account unless you are connected to thier backbone. If you are connecting using some other ISP you should be able to receive Adelphia mail, but you won't be able to send it.

Thats what I think too, similar to the Road Runner scenario I posted above.

interesting, guys. I really never send anything from it anyways. good to know i'm not alone :)
thanks!

Back