email client

colore

Limp Gawd
hello!

I am looking for an email client, that will have filters on the top of each column (subject, sender, etc column) with which you will be able to filter the viewed emails instantly

is there any?

thanks!

with views....

ouitlook.jpg

most any mail client has those columns, windows mail, thunderbird et cetera.

I think you misunderstood

I dont want to sort the emails

I want to type inside text boxes and filter the viewed emails according to the typed text instantly

Thunderbird used to do it instantly, now you have to hit enter, but other than that, it does do it. Is this what you need?

Thunderbird used to do it instantly, now you have to hit enter, but other than that, it does do it. Is this what you need?

Yes! This is what I need and a little ENTER hitting wont hurt, but I dont this in Thunderbird at all!
How do I enable it?

Above the message list in Thunderbird (15.0a1, latest trunk at least) is a Quick Filter button. When you click it, it drops down a little bar (that stays there unless you click the Quick Filter button again) where you can type in a search field. You do not have to press enter in it. It's find-as-you-type. There are also buttons below the field to control what parts of the messages are searched.

In Opera's built-in mail client, there's a search field above the message list. It's find-as-you-type too. With it, you just type a space-separated list of words and Opera will show the results (You can use quotes for an exact-string search). Opera does this really fast because the entire message is split up into words and indexed into a search database when the message is fetched. So, when you search, it's a simple database lookup. Opera doesn't give you control over what part of the message to search in or to use regexp. If you want that, you have to set up a label and use rules etc.

A cool thing about Opera's search field is that it searches the current view by default, but you can click to search all messages instead of you want.

You can also save the search you as a label with rules in Opera.

Now, even though you weren't looking to sort though, Opera has a lot of ways to sort messages (way too much to go into at one time). It even has a lot of views by default for sorting messages. Chances are, the messages you're looking for might already be sorted into a few.

is there a chance to have this in Outlook, because at work we use MS Exchange and Outlook is the only way to go
thanks

Back