eMachines 22" 1080p LCD - 99.90/tax or less (Cheapy Eyefinity)

harmattan

Supreme [H]ardness
For those complaining three monitors for Eyefinity are just too expensive :) Get this with a 5850 or 2x 5770 and you've got mulit-monitor gaming for under $750 (you'd need a Displayport adapter too).

It's of course a TN and brightness is below average, but it's only $100.

And built in speakers :eek:!

http://www.staples.com/product-nr_824688

There are also coupons out there to bring the cost down to $75... Props to mazeroth at Anand.

Edit: url fixed

Last edited:
Your link doesn't seem to work.

Delete the +'s and the dynamitedata.com stuff.

Has anybody used this? How is the picture quality?

Has anybody used this? How is the picture quality?

Probably crap, but what do you expect for the price?

Save one in which the reviewer blames his PC locking up on the monitor lol, all the Amazon reviews are good. Looks like Staples is clearing out left-overs from Black Friday sales.

dang it. i walked away from the computer for 5 minutes to get my credit card, and now its out of stock

You can check local stores... mine said "low stock clearance item" so maybe you can search around and get some from local stores...

Received mine yesterday and it's a great deal IMHO. It would be even greater if it had an HDMI port. Mine has no dead pixels or very little bleed through.

is it worth the 100 bucks? they got them on Ebay for 125 Free shipping/buy now. overall how are the colors. i ordered one from ebay for 120 for my PS3

Last edited:
I think there's a few more left in stock online.

Edit: there were 3 of them, but OOS now.

A few northern new jersey B&M stores have them in stock.

These have been posted on and off over the last few weeks over on slickdeals. I was going to bite, but there are all lot of people getting stuck or dead pixels. For $75 (after ejunkies coupon) I would take a risk, but none of my local stores had stock to swap it out with.

i ordered mine off ebay since staples didnt accept paypal. i paid 120 shipped. its for my ps3 until tax time so im sure it will be good to use for a month

Just picked this up in store today after seeing this thread.
Just as good as any other TN panel. Colors are as accurate as they could be with very noticeable dithering, backlight is even with some bleed at the very bottom. Decent black levels.

Just put a hold on two of them (one for me, one for the boss) at a local Staples.

I just received my monitor wich only took 1 day to get to my house. The Monitor came Flawless with no dead pixels. I set the monitor to Graphics mode and what can I say for 99 bucks you cant go wrong.

I tested this side by side with my Acer H233H and there really isnt much of a difference at all. Great buy.

I just bit too. I figure for ~ $80 all-in, if it has dead pixels or I don't like it, I can just return it to the B&M. I'm using a 19" CRT, so WTH right?

so the $75 price is only iff you buy it in store with the coupon?

What adapter is needed to make eyefinity work?

Will a simple DVI to display port adapter work?

I bought it, not bad at all. The display unit I saw seemed to be defective, as it had very visible vertical banding lines. However when I got home with it and tried it out, I was impressed that it was almost as good as my Viewsonic 21.5 1080p screen. I noticed that the colors were different (more artificial looking) and that the shadow detail was not as good. If I had a use for it, I would buy another unit.

darkmatter08

Anyone have the dimensions on the box? I'm not worried about the big box it gets shipped in but the little box it comes in.

I have a friend that might bring one in a checked bag (or 3 yay) to me.
I'm just wondering how well it (or 3) will fit.
I'd love to send him exact dimensions on the box before I buy them.

I spoke with them on the phone, really helpful, the dimensions in the box are 15 x 20 x 4 inches.

I've been looking to do eyefinity, with the need to get a displayport adapter, is this a reasonable approach? I was really planning to wait till BF BC2 came out in March for a big upgrade, but is this something those of you that know more would think is worth jumping on?
I'm probably not the pickiest consumer on a lot of this kind of thing and wouldn't notice the last 5% in image quality or whatnot...
Thanks for the input.

I got one of these to replace my wife's 19" LCD. Works fine for the purpose, and $100.

in for one

bought the e-junkies coupon for 25 off 100 and it went down to $75 + tax for me

awesome.. in for 2. I've been wanting to go multi-monitor for awhile now.

can someone link to the freaking coupon? when i search ejunkies theres like 50.

I bought 3 and am using them for eyefinity. Currently eyefinity is enabled by use of a DisplayPort to VGA adapter that was ~ $20 at monoprice. Works great, and the total cost was ~ $270 shipped. To tell you the truth, I was planning on buying the Sapphire adapter, but probably won't as the VGA connection looks fine to me. Also, I have not noticed any dead or lit pixels. I am thinking about 2 more actually...

I just got mine last night. I was very impressed with the size, it’s a huge upgrade from my 19” CRT. I do have one stuck (red) pixel at the bottom though. I’ve tried a couple of the techniques to unstick it, but no luck so far. I’m going to try a few more things again tonight. If I can’t get it, I’ll probably drive a couple of towns over to exchange.

There’s also some blur when I look around (ghosting?), but since this is my first LCD, I’m not sure if that’s because it’s cheap, or the response time, or if that’s just how LCD’s are compared to CRT.

Last edited:
Back