eluminx keyboard - new is better

codeflux

2[H]4U
so, i've had the exluminx keyboard for about 2 years now. bought one new right when they first came out. love it love it love it - gaming at night has never been better.

now, friday i bought another one of these for my computer at work - i love the tactile feedback on these, and the layout rules.

now - the kicker. my old eluminx had green LEDs - i had to mod it. also, the backlight was pretty dim, and aqua. the new eluminx has 3mm blue LEDs, much more subtle. the backlight is the most notable change - it is much much much brighter, very nice shade of deep blue. the backlight goes off when the monitor is in stand-by mode. also, the new keyboard has more "stickers" on it (which no doubt improves your game play and typing accuracy) - looks very nice.

so, if you still have an old eluminx, i suggest an upgrade. :)

Yeah...putting stickers on things makes you better at games and type more accurately? Wha? We're all going to get pwned by a bunch of kindergarten girls...

I bought an Eluminx when they were first released 3 years ago, and had problems with it after a month of use. I sent it back for RMA, and recieved one with blue LEDs :D It lasted me 2.5ish years, and just died 2 days ago :(

it does rubber feet. but by "stickers" i mean "powered by eluminx" and some other stuff that's written on the keyboard itself. go over to Fry's (if you're fortunate enough to live by one) and look. it's not stickers, per se - it's just some logos and text on the keyboard's body. :D

and yes, stickers make you play better and type faster. just like putting "Type R" logo on a Civic give it an extra 20 hp to the rear wheels.

Codeflux, is 100% correct… I took it to the next step and put a “Type-R” sticker on my keyboard and ‘POOF’ Frag and WPM are WAY up!!!

I'd get a backlit keyboard if...

a) They made one wireless
b) They made one with the same feel as a laptop keyboard
c) I hadn't just bought a Logitech diNovo and fallen in love

you do realize that having a wireless keyboard with all leds running full zip would drain the betteries in... say a day or two if run for 48 hours?

codeflux said:
and yes, stickers make you play better and type faster. just like putting "Type R" logo on a Civic give it an extra 20 hp to the rear wheels.
That's sweet, having 20 HP to the rear wheels on a front wheel drive car would be awesome. :p

omniviper said:
you do realize that having a wireless keyboard with all leds running full zip would drain the betteries in... say a day or two if run for 48 hours?

Not necessarily. Keyboards consume very little power alone. And what do you think drives that wireless optical mouse you're using, solar power? The optical sensor gets its light from an LED too.

I'm sure that they could tweak some low-power consumption LEDs if they wanted to. Plus make it rechargable.

No pics, but:

on the old design keyboard it says "ELUMINX" in white in the upper left corner.

in the new design keyboard is sais "AURA VISION slimseries signature" in white/beige two-tone in the upper left corner, and "illuminated by ELUMINX" in white in the lower right corner. looks better, IMHO.

i saw this keyboard, but i also been eyeing the saitek one, the one that illuminates through the letters like a mac laptop. i think that one would be bright enough to see at night without having a whole keyboard that glows.

linjy2 said:
i saw this keyboard, but i also been eyeing the saitek one, the one that illuminates through the letters like a mac laptop. i think that one would be bright enough to see at night without having a whole keyboard that glows.
oh, you mean this thing?

http://www.hwhell.com/articles/saitek_gamers_keyboard/

you know, i saw it at Fry's and i just can't get past the fugly corners on it... and black keys in the dark may be difficult to identify...

codeflux said:
... and black keys in the dark may be difficult to identify...

The letters and symbols all light up on the new one, which is great. The only thing better would be the new keyboard that was mentioned that has miniature screens on each key.

Shadowspawn said:
The only thing better would be the new keyboard that was mentioned that has miniature screens on each key.
let it go, dude, that was a CONCEPT RENDERING by an artist.

Back