Elsweyr, the Deserts of Anequina

dj_2004

Supreme [H]ardness
Found this very cool modification for Oblivion a couple days ago. As the title suggests, the mod makes use of the Elsweyr region within the game. This has all been done by a single modder in only nine months, with the help of various resource packs. Since it is a very early version, there is still plenty to be done, such as working on Dune, which is currently only a mock-up for now (buildings are there but the city is void of NPCs). Some areas are also blocked off as she, the modder, is still working on them. In the end, I suggest giving it a whirl if you are an Oblivion fan. New foes to fight, new loot to obtain, new ingredients to harvest, new NPCs to meet, and so on. :)

Official thread: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1001233&hl=beta
Tesnexus (plenty of pictures there): http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=25023

Here are some pictures I quickly took (I am using a weather mod which does not have a patch for this mod yet so my weather/color is likely a bit off):
ScreenShotttt3.jpg

ScreenShotttt15.jpg

ScreenShot1tt6.jpg

ScreenShotttt12.jpg

ScreenShotttt4.jpg

ScreenShotttt6.jpg

ScreenShotttt14.jpg

ScreenShotttt10.jpg

ScreenShotttt7.jpg

ScreenShotttt9.jpg

ScreenShottttt2.jpg

ScreenShottttt8.jpg

ScreenShotttt13.jpg

ScreenShotttt0.jpg

looks pretty nice :)
she's put a lot of work in it

i have to reinstall Obly, and check for mod updates

thats awesome oblivion is one of my favorite all time games will def be following this

I'd like very much to play through this when it's done...looks damn good.

Looks okay, but where are the shadows?

It is the same as anything else in Oblivion - shadows are there but no dynamic shadows as Bethesda decided not to add that feature into the game.

Also, my pictures were taken with medium sized textures, no grass, lowest shadows with many of the features off or on lowest, and lowest water settings. Let's just say I'm trying to purchase a new graphics card. If only I didn't have to pay tax on any of the ATI 4890/GTX 275 deals...

Here are a few images with settings on high. Most are taken in similar areas to show the difference:
ScreenShottt18.jpg

ScreenShottt19.jpg

ScreenShottt20.jpg

ScreenShottt21.jpg

ScreenShottt22.jpg

Last edited:
Back