Elon Musk Smokes Weed in Podcast

Inhaled or not this sets a bad example to his employees. Which like any major company it is not acceptable and will be terminated for.

Where is he smoking this on company property?

OMG save the children he took a puff off a joint.

I find all the news about this hilarous how many of those CEO's do coke off hookers in vegas.

There are bigger issues to worry about.

That was a f'n dumb ass thng to do. Jezus wtf was he thinking?
Except it's not legal on the federal level, and spaceX has contracts with the military. Might have a little problem there.

At least this might explain some of his behavior this year.

Whatever, we've had presidents that smoked pot and did coke. Tired of flimsy fake morals and fake criticism that people hold.

Last edited:
It shows a lapse in judgement when scruitinay is really on him.

That said it shows him as making bad decisions. Pot has some very negative implications associated with it. It doesn't mean he's a pot head. But one incapable of making good decisions. He should have realized how this would have been viewed negatively if he was a pothead or not.

And youre not santimonious when you are right.
Incapable, hardly. More likely to make poor decisions, possibly. At least, some people will view it that way.

And I'm tired of all the people that ignore the long term effects of pot and other drugs.

I am not trying to argue for or against pot. My point is that people will criticize a person for doing something morally wrong only when it is convenient to them. Not everyone, obviously, but it is such bullshit, fake news.

Incapable, hardly. More likely to make poor decisions, possibly. At least, some people will view it that way.
Any rational person sees it that way. Regardless of your views on reefer madness, anyone wirh a pulse can figure out that "appearing" to smoke pot or even admitting to smoking without inhaling pot will enrage a fair number of people. When you run a company that is publicly traded it's usually advisable to keep that shit off YouTube. And if you need security clearance for another company that requires you to not smoke pot... Probably a good idea to not smoke pot on camera.

Didn't even need to be one of the "most important people of our time" to figure that shit out.

Elon Musk is higher that just about anybody all the time. Ever made something cool and show it off? Ever impress someone with your fancy car? Using drugs is just the lazy way to get high, that man must walk around with more happy neurotransmitters than a rave full of normies. Smoking weed probably won't change much.

Oh please.

Like these stockholders/investors aren't regularly doing hookers and blow like it should be next after brushing their teeth before bed.

Fucking hypocrites.

Except it's not legal on the federal level, and spaceX has contracts with the military. Might have a little problem there.

I bet he won't. No one will care and the airforce will conduct their "investigation" and not care either.

Also, like it or not, when you are the public face of an organization you get held to a higher standard for public behaviour. You can whine and bitch all you like about it being unfair or hypocritical, but it is the reality you have to deal with. People are going to judge you and through you your organization by your public actions so you need to control yourself. This is even more true when you are a figure like Steve Jobs or Elon Musk that cultivates a cult of personality and is heavily associated as the visionary behind the company.

Exactly. It's the equivalent of having a beer. I hate our fucking culture nowadays... everyone pretends to be saint-like and virtue signal when they do the same shit behind doors and/or worse.
I think you got it backwards. He was pretending to be a rebel and virtue signaling that he is a cool leader.
Publicity, publicity, publicity.

SNL, and other comedies would have done a similar skit...So why not beat them to the punch. If he makes it less original / funny then fewer people will do it.

The bigger issue, to me, is how Musk is showing that his judgment is deteriorating, more and more each week.

Is this someone who a board should support to be the executive of a multi-billion dollar company?

Musk is imploding. This is just another variation on the theme.

The bigger issue, to me, is how Musk is showing that his judgment is deteriorating, more and more each week.

Is this someone who a board should support to be the executive of a multi-billion dollar company?

Musk is imploding. This is just another variation on the theme.

Careful, the [H] MDF is going to come after you for that post.

Joe Rogan shouldn’t have even offered that stuff to his interviewee

It’s like a teenager trying to see if he can get a friend high because he just wants to see if he can. Joe knows he can’t compete in intelligence or creativity, drive, or productivity -but in a twisted way he can say he was able to have dominance/influence over Elon Musk — even though that influence was to his guests detriment.

My interest in Joe Rogan dropped a notch because of this.

Reactions: atom
like this
Hyperbole - but legitimately, if tech companies were stringently drug testing they'd be out of a lot of employees and talent.
I've been in IT in the Chicago area for 20+ years. EVERY SINGLE ONE has drug tested....so...yeah.

It’s sad watching this guy implode. I hope he gets his act together, before he looses everything.

Joe Rogan shouldn’t have even offered that stuff to his interviewee

It’s like a teenager trying to see if he can get a friend high because he just wants to see if he can. Joe knows he can’t compete in intelligence or creativity, drive, or productivity -but in a twisted way he can say he was able to have dominance/influence over Elon Musk — even though that influence was to his guests detriment.

My interest in Joe Rogan dropped a notch because of this.

There's some nonsense in this thread, but this really takes the cake. Whatever happened to the self responsibility that this forum is so huge on?

Poor Elon, so much more intelligent and creative than Rogan, with an unmatched drive to boot, yet falling to a petty gambit by Rogan to knock him down a bit.

I've been in IT in the Chicago area for 20+ years. EVERY SINGLE ONE has drug tested....so...yeah.

Some test, some don't. The stigma is still there regardless of your personal views. It's one thing for a grunt worker to light up a jay, it's entirely different when the CEO does it on Video. Wow, grunt worker wrecked a server.. big deal. Where as a CEO can wreck an entire company with a singe lapse of judgement.

Hyperbole - but legitimately, if tech companies were stringently drug testing they'd be out of a lot of employees and talent.

Everywhere I've worked in the last few decades has this basic clause (paraphrased): "Your time is your own, but when at work - you must be in condition to work."

Even places you'd consider stodgy and conservative were like that. They understand its some really high stress work, and people unwind in different ways. But when you're on the clock - be lucid and knock that shit off.

I don't personally care, but considering all the....news....around Tesla recently, this maybe was not the best decision.

There are way worse things he could be doing.

I mean, realistically the guy has so much money that he can't help but make more money.

Not sure what you do at that point besides whatever the fuck you want. Sometimes a brother in the mood to help better our species, other times throw back a handful of Ambien with a bottle of wine.

Pretty sure if I'm ever sitting on billions I'll just hire a full time philanthropist for me so I can live in my Batcave and rail blow off titties in peace.

The U.S. Air Force launched an investigation into the matter as Musk's SpaceX has multiple high-value contracts with the military branch, CNBC reported on Friday.

That's fake news.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...air-force-idUSKCN1LN2OF?utm_source=reddit.com

"Media reports that the U.S. Air Force is reviewing the security clearance of Elon Musk, the chief executive of automaker Tesla Inc are inaccurate, U.S. Air Force spokesperson Captain Hope Cronin said on Friday."

I'm an Elon Musk fan. That being said, I want to forget watching this. Dunno what he was thinking going on a stupid pothead Joe Rogan podcast. Rogan is so dependent on weed that he even has to smoke it at work every day. Of all the places Elon could choose to do a vid with, Joe Rogan was about the worst choice he could have made. He's going to gain some pothead fans but lose others. The more weed Rogan smokes and the more obscure topics he associates himself with, the more stupid he looks. Not a Joe Rogan fan.

1536458265390.jpg

If I hadn't spent all my money on weed I would buy a Tesla.

So many armchair psychiatrists is disturbing. I never knew so many people knew so much about Mr. Musk.

You go Elon. (y)

well he does seem to be getting a bit more erratic lately probably a combination of being a micro manager and overreach.

No it's not. It's illegal everywhere in the U.S. California just doesn't have a state charge for it.

If you want to be technical about it, fine.

Have the feds come and stop us. Not going to happen. Since 96, we've been selling, buying and having a good time legally using it by the state law. "Medicinally", that is, ;)

Good. Also, the Joe Rogan podcast is an amazing source of various fascinating people. The most eclectic and positive source of information I have been entertained by.

Thing I really like about Rogan is he is one of the few "popular media celebrities" that appears real and open, like real person. He is more interested in the topic then being "right". He uses common sense to try and understand the topic knowing full well we could be wrong but also questions what he is being told if it doesn't make sense to him.

I see him fight the identity/personal politics from both sides when he can, and respect him more for it. We need more Joe Rogans, people need a source of common sense.

No it's not. It's illegal everywhere in the U.S. California just doesn't have a state charge for it.

No, it IS legal in California, it's regulated and they issue licenses for businesses and growers.

Back