Elon Musk Personally Cancelled Customer's $130K Car Order

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you plan on buying a new Tesla, it would be a good idea not to piss off Elon Musk or you'll end up banned from owning one. :D

Dear @ElonMusk: Thank you for reaching out to me. I heard from our phone conversation that you feel that my post, “Dear @ElonMusk: You should be ashamed of yourself”, was a personal attack on you. I also hear that you are not comfortable having me own a Tesla car and have cancelled my order for a Tesla Model X.

Writing overly negative reviews and flaming posts is a great way to get banned. All this means is the other people in-line will now get their cars earlier, so yay!

yjz0x.jpg

There is usually more to these kinds of stories and I don't think the writers response helped him one bit.

Cliff notes:
I am a rich, spoiled, entitled person and I did not get my way and want the world to know my feelings have been hurt because of this.

That's how I read his "rant" and is "attempted cover up".

Cliff notes:
I am a rich, spoiled, entitled person and I did not get my way and want the world to know my feelings have been hurt because of this.

That's how I read his "rant" and is "attempted cover up".

Wow! You're good! All I read was "wah wahhhh waaaaahhhhh wahhh"

is that guy stupid -- in what world is "You should be ashamed of yourself" not considered a personal attack?

There's no shortage of Tesla buyers, and he just talked his way out of one. So fuck him.

What is even funnier is that if he is supposedly gone to these type of events... they never start on time, it always takes forever to get everyone inside and quite down enough to hear the presenter's aid ask for people to be quite... That includes the small ones where there are less then fifty people invited.

I'm note sure if I would laugh at someone or just ignore them if they rant... through... my guess is that musk did not want to lose time to hang out with his fans at the next event so people would budget time for midnight. grin.

I thought that guy with the Raspberry Pi that tweeted to Comcast about his slow internet was brilliant and made me want to do the same... Except my ISP is very small, so.. I wouldn't dare do it because of something bad happening..

Piss the wrong person off and, well.. Sometimes it's better to just play nice.

Whoops!!! on this persons behalf. I guess you'll have to buy some other $130,000 car. Even rich people have to get their nose rubbed in shit and threw outside sometimes. :D

So he wrote a self-righteous, entitled open letter on his blog, got a personal (and private) phone call from Musk presumably explaining the cancellation of the order, and then goes on to write another self-righteous, entitled, woe-is-me open letter in response? No sympathy.

Would have been even better if he got his Tesla...which then proceeded to auto-drive his ass back to the dealer ship and eject his ass.

Actually Tesla is hurting. Turns out that with oil at $30 a barrel people aren't clamoring for electric cars anymore. Toyota's recent sales consisted of 58% trucks and SUVs.

Tesla stock is way down, GM is entering the cheap electric car business, and they delivered over 4,000 fewer cars in 2015 than the company had projected.

Tesla announces it's fourth quarter results on February 10th. Maybe the rude customer will get another call on February 11th reinstating his order.

The guy wants to put $130,000 down on a car and expects to be treated like he's putting $130,000 down on a car. Its not about you like any other overpriced car dealership would treat you until you signed, it's about Elon.

Wait .. Why is the Model X $130k? It was originally supposed to be the one priced between the Model S and the $40k car.

More reasons why they should be sold through private dealers like other cars. So the fucking owner can't personally cancel your car order for a little shit talk.

Get real, Elon. You aren't the second coming of Jesus.

Actually Tesla is hurting. Turns out that with oil at $30 a barrel people aren't clamoring for electric cars anymore. Toyota's recent sales consisted of 58% trucks and SUVs.
Tesla's sales have little to do with the price of oil. EV Toyota and Chevy models, OTOH...

Wait .. Why is the Model X $130k? It was originally supposed to be the one priced between the Model S and the $40k car.

Wrong.

The Model E or 3 as it is now known is the low priced version. The model X is the fancy Subaru Outback version.

Tesla stock is way down, GM is entering the cheap electric car business, and they delivered over 4,000 fewer cars in 2015 than the company had projected.

Tesla announces it's fourth quarter results on February 10th. Maybe the rude customer will get another call on February 11th reinstating his order.

Is that why the Model X waiting list goes out until 2017, or why there's a 3 month wait for a Model S? If you can afford a Tesla, cheap gas is really the least of your concerns. Maybe if you were comparing a Bolt or a cheaper EV.

Eh, he exemplifies what the Internet has turned into. A personal soap box for everyone to complain about everything in which no one really cares but it sure makes you feel like you're special (especially in cases like this where his story goes out viral, if I wrote a blog explaining about why Denny's refused service to me I better be a minority or no one is going to give a shit).

Is that why the Model X waiting list goes out until 2017, or why there's a 3 month wait for a Model S? If you can afford a Tesla, cheap gas is really the least of your concerns. Maybe if you were comparing a Bolt or a cheaper EV.

I can't explain why people fought over cabbage patch kids, either.

I can't explain why people fought over cabbage patch kids, either.

I still think it is the Model S is the single most desirable vehicle on the market, and the only american brand I would even remotely consider buying.

Smooth, sleek performance, without the "racerboy" noises. Spacious on the inside with a nice screen based controls. Low maintenance due to few moving parts. Never having to go to the gas station again.

Plus you get to feel good about yourself for being an early adopter of the future of green technologies.

I'd buy one in a second, if I were in a financial position to spend $100k on a car... (well, and there weren't a waiting list)

There is seriously no vehicle on the market I'd take over it, at any price.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the 2017 Model III. At $35k its a bit more realistic, but then again Tesla seems to have taken the german approach, where everything is an option, so the actual purchase price is not likely to be only $35k. Also, if it is much smaller than the Model S, I don't think I'd be happy with it. I've always driven mid to large size sedans, as long as I've had a car. ('97 Mercury Sable -> '01 Saab 9-5 Aero, '04 Saab 9-5 Aero, '11 Saab 9-5 Turbo4, '09 Volvo S80 T6)

Can't wait to get off of the raucous internal combustion engine, into something nice, refined and civilized.

That's because "people" are, generally, idiots.

Mother fucker started every paragraph with "I."

*I* wish I can get my website hit back.

Actually Tesla is hurting. Turns out that with oil at $30 a barrel people aren't clamoring for electric cars anymore. .
Don't think that's quite the case, at $70k for an auto you aren't exactly getting it to save money at the pump. The fact there is a wait list for these cars alone should say the problems they have is making them fast enough.

Ironically, one of the guys here at work got a Model X and my jaw dropped at how poorly the car was put together. Not sure if anyone has ever seen the movie Gung Ho with Michael Keaton... but ya.. think that when they are rushing to finish their quota at the end of the movie.

I drove behind a Model S this morning, and I didn't yell at the guy. So does that mean he'll give it to me?

Oh this is ok, but if the guy was gay or a minority the world would be losing their minds. But no, this is just perfectly fine.

Yep, perfectly fine to deny service to a straight white guy and no one cares. Such bullshit.

The guy wants to put $130,000 down on a car and expects to be treated like he's putting $130,000 down on a car. Its not about you like any other overpriced car dealership would treat you until you signed, it's about Elon.

This^^. You drop 6 figures on a car, and expect to be treated a certain way. The guy did come off as a whiny guy with a blog, but Elon came off like a d-bag.

What's CIG? I don't really keep up with a lot of random stuff.

As for this guy, a company can deny you service is how I view it. Though by law, they shouldn't be able to do so by race/sex/etc. So I'm completely fine with it, since it seems he's just a whiny little bitch. Can't say for sure because it was a long as hell post.

What's CIG? I don't really keep up with a lot of random stuff.

As for this guy, a company can deny you service is how I view it. Though by law, they shouldn't be able to do so by race/sex/etc. So I'm completely fine with it, since it seems he's just a whiny little bitch. Can't say for sure because it was a long as hell post.

Cloud Imperium Games

aka Star Citizen.

Usually drama over every little thing they do.

Ah, never knew the company name.
I didn't lose my shit on that... since I didn't really hear about it. But I wouldn't have liked it, since I think it's stamping out criticism... well, if it was for criticism that he was banned. That said, I'm guessing forum access is a kickstarter reward or something? Cuz aside from those 2 reasons, I cant think of any other reason for people to be upset about it.

Tesla Stock down $17.00 since last week.

The stock is going down at ludicrous speed. Soon we will have Tesla stations not charging cars and the government will be buying the buildings back to charge chevy volts and toyota hybrids

It would have been funnier if Elon musk just gave out infractions ....kinda like on the forum .

No more Tesla free charges for 30 days

Back