Elon Musk: I'm Worried About A Terminator-Like Scenario

Honestly, the line in the Matrix about us being viruses is true. Look at our activity outside the scale of a human life, and it would be viewed as very similar to how we view the life cycle of a virus.

Honestly, the line in the Matrix about us being viruses is true. Look at our activity outside the scale of a human life, and it would be viewed as very similar to how we view the life cycle of a virus.

That line always stuck with me too. It's basically true. I could see getting to a point as a civilization where we could tip that scale and create more than destroy, but not any time soon. And that's if we don't destroy ourselves before we get there. (which seems the more likely scenario unfortunately)

Hey, if the human race is going to go out in the next 50 years... I might as well have a good time fighting in a robot war (or maybe a space war).

Hey, if the human race is going to go out in the next 50 years... I might as well have a good time fighting in a robot war (or maybe a space war).

Indeed, I don't want to fight humans, but I think I'd fight robots or hostile aliens. Then maybe for one brief moment people might just stop killing each other. We'd probably go back to it when everything leveled out again though (assuming we won.) It's kind of what we do, as stupid as that is.

Honestly, the line in the Matrix about us being viruses is true

Let's test for that theory.

On the surface I agree, there is a strong similarity, but all life exists within a competitive ecosystem yes? There are several ecosystems, not just one, several. What ecosystem does man compete within and ask the same question about a virus.

I think it makes a great movie line, but I think their is a flaw in that machine's thinking.

It's kind of what we do, as stupid as that is.

Now now, don't be so hard on yourselves. We are still just animals no matter how much we try to think we are above them.

The machine's were fond of saying something much to that effect as I recall.

"Only Human"

Oh I so can't wait.
Cyberpunk, hoooo!

tumblr_mjihutNMCd1qfa1jdo1_500.gif

tumblr_mdjwk01jyh1qfa1jdo1_500.gif

AI is still so far from being intelligent, it's not worth worry about.

If a robot revolution happened today, all we'd have to do is pull the electric cord. Elon Musk makes batteries, so he should know better than anyone that batteries still suck.

AI is still so far from being intelligent, it's not worth worry about.

If a robot revolution happened today, all we'd have to do is pull the electric cord. Elon Musk makes batteries, so he should know better than anyone that batteries still suck.

No, Elon Musk buys batteries. Industrial robots make batteries...

Back