Elon Musk Claims Tesla is Making AI Hardware that Might be the Best in the World

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
At a private party yesterday, Elon Musk supposedly told those in attendance that Tesla was developing AI hardware that could possibly be the best in the world. Also, he opined that fully automated driving will be available in about 2 years, but didn't mention if or when his new hardware was going to be deployed in cars. While this is all well in good, I find it ironic that Elon is building the best AI hardware in the world, yet he believes AI is going to kill us all. The need to make money seems to overrule the survival instinct if you ask me.

For the event in Long Beach, Calif., Musk brought with him Tesla's vice president of hardware, Jim Keller. Musk talked about the company's AI hardware in the course of providing information about what Keller, a former AMD chip architect, is working on.

Elon is an entrepreneur... it's in his interest to convince everyone only he can provide the right way.

This is actually an age-old tactic in business: scare them, blame them, give them a way out. My fear is that Elon will wait until robots actually start killing us before releasing his version.

I'm starting to think part of Musk's idea is to put this stuff out to get people to develop stuff to prove him wrong. And for him either way its a win.

maybe... as he sits in his lair, he knows AI is going to kill man because he is developing it and knows how he is going to deploy it.. because, secretly, he hates mankind

;>)

Reactions: Rahh
like this
Elon Musk is going to use his army of Tesla's and rockets to kill us all!

But it'll be the best in the world because it won't kill us all? I hope our new robot overlords will be kind.

Unless he can turn Tesla into a profitable venture he will need something else to keep the money coming in...

For the 1 Millionth time. Elon Musk has said that the problem with AI isn't that it's going to kill us all because it becomes self aware and hates mankind. The problem with AI destroying us is that if a tiny group of people develops it first, it will enable them to advance in knowledge and technology at such a fast rate that the rest of mankind will still be in the stone ages and our current freedom will be replaced with tyranny.. Elon Musk believes AI is a tremendous opportunity for mankind as long as it's power is distributed across mankind.

You should see how their AI beats the best DotA 2 players in the world. It's no hoax.

Elon is an entrepreneur... it's in his interest to convince everyone only he can provide the right way.

This is actually an age-old tactic in business: scare them, blame them, give them a way out. My fear is that Elon will wait until robots actually start killing us before releasing his version.

Well, he literally said (in other words, but equivalent), that is what his goals are.

I'm starting to think part of Musk's idea is to put this stuff out to get people to develop stuff to prove him wrong. And for him either way its a win.

You should see how their AI beats the best DotA 2 players in the world. It's no hoax.

The one thing that tends to separate Elon from his counterparts is execution. He tends not to flap his lips about things he doesn't already have in his back pocket.

That said, every entrepreneur is an Icarus at heart, some are just better planners than others.

Also, there are times where even the best plans can still fail. It's what you get when working with humans :p

The one thing that tends to separate Elon from his counterparts is execution. He tends not to flap his lips about things he doesn't already have in his back pocket.

That said, every entrepreneur is an Icarus at heart, some are just better planners than others.

Back