Elon Musk Claims His Neuralink Microprocessing Chip Will Allow You To Stream Music Directly To Your Brain

Pretty useless if you don't have a dead heavy metal rocker haunting the airwaves to melt the minds of your enemies......
80s film horror reference if you know the movie.

I am equally skeptical of the Hyperloop and this video was pretty interesting, but one of the comments on the video makes a good point about things already in use that get around the problems described in the video.
I still wouldn't touch the Hyperloop with a 10FT pole, I might get arrested for attempted murder lol

Everything you perceive as real is an electrical impulse processed in some part of your brain.
Exactly, they will need to simulate the bodily feel as well as the sound.
Get that right and it could be awesome.

Exactly, they will need to simulate the bodily feel as well as the sound.
Get that right and it could be awesome.

I'm willing to bet that would mess with the brain way more then just simulating the sound. Would be interesting but it would feel different then bass it would be pretty trippy

This one goes to 11! But muh million dollar silver cryo cables... previous audiophile gear is obsolete! :borg:

This tech is totally viable. But it won’t work quite the way people imagine it will. Google about people learning to see with their tongues and a special device with glasses and a camera. Your brain can create new pathways through itself to the various sense centers. It’s how some people come to enjoy anal. The brain is a marvelous thing.

I'm willing to bet that would mess with the brain way more then just simulating the sound. Would be interesting but it would feel different then bass it would be pretty trippy
I dont think it will be possible this generation, we have only just started on the path of accessing the brain directly.
No doubt some weird stuff will be discovered.

Maybe they can inject anti sounds of ear ringing to cure tinnitus.

I dont think it will be possible this generation, we have only just started on the path of accessing the brain directly.
No doubt some weird stuff will be discovered.

Maybe they can inject anti sounds of ear ringing to cure tinnitus.

I would agree with it not coming for awhile as well as it being A possible solution to tinnitus. However I believe sound is a good place to start. It's a MUCH simpler encoding path then much of the brain (which we are very far from completely understanding) in addition our brains could probably deal with it pretty well.

With that said brains can adapt very well so what may actually be possible could be some crazy stuff.

something tells me that he already has this installed. He always has a glossy eyed look all the time. DMT? Or is it just him looking at his retinal casted images from his brain chip on stage?

Actually this is real. Taco sometimes sits in quietness and it's like there is some sort of music far away playing. I cnt make out what the music is, but somehow I understand it's music. Very strange.

giphy.gif

Well he better act fast! I hear a lady named Quelcrest Falconer is working on what she calls 'stacks".

I think I’ll stick with my vmoda crossfade wireless 2’s...

Y’all be funny. Criticizing a guy who made electric cars viable and who also has a space company. You know a company that launches stuff into space. AT THE SAME TIME.

Oh, but y’all know better.

Y’all be funny. Criticizing a guy who made electric cars viable and who also has a space company. You know a company that launches stuff into space. AT THE SAME TIME.

Its known how much we currently know about the brain and its not enough to make this happen. Granted this could be a decent first step it will still take a significant amount of research to get anywhere near tgis technology. For comparison we have had electric cars for 100 years and rockets for more then 50

Its known how much we currently know about the brain and its not enough to make this happen. Granted this could be a decent first step it will still take a significant amount of research to get anywhere near tgis technology. For comparison we have had electric cars for 100 years and rockets for more then 50

Using your analogy, we’ve had brains for a lot longer than cars or rockets. It is debatable if we have used them.

Look. Most of these things can be worked around with technology that already exists.

One way to reduce the expansion joint problem - for instance - would be to bury the tube a few feet under ground where temperatures are in the 50's year round most places.

Again, very very expensive, probably to the point where the project is infeasible from a coat perspective, but very much possible with some engineering know-how not needing any new scientific breakthroughs.

Neural interfacing to the point he is discussing would require some significant scientific breakthroughs.

He is just a man with money.

He has very smart and talented people working for him who make the magic happen.

What got him to where he is today was a tremendous amount of luck (being in the right place at the right time with PayPal) and since then good instincts about knowing which projects to pursue and which not.

He was not worthy of any hero worship to begin with, and he is worthy of even less of it now.

Ever since he discovered the Rock and Roll life style he seems to have completely lost it.

I have no faith in his abilities to pick the next technological winners and losers anymore. He has lost touch with reality.

Last edited:
He is actually pretty good at bank rolling some crazy ideas.
He's been quite forward before in admitting that its a misconception that he runs the company, and is far from it and takes no true active role in managerial direction to steer the ship, and that first and foremost he is a face/mascot for the company and valued because he is a good salesman to bring in revenue for projects and deal with governments that love throwing subsidies at him, but otherwise is more or less just given free reign to screw around with engineers on pet projects of his within reason.

His description reminds me a bit of Tony Stark's lack of involvement with his own company, except a high-functioning autistic version in Elon's case.

I'm not as doom and gloom about AI though, because I think that the more likely scenario is that humanity will become a hive-mind AI integrating technology and the human brain into greater networks, something we already have but just has a slow interface issue, something that "direct to brain" tech like this is hoping to address.
Hyperloop is feasible from a technological perspective using technology that exists today. It just needs some solid design effort behind it.
Evolutionary ideas are almost always far more successful than revolutionary ones, which is why the hyperloop, just like monorails, was always doomed to failure. People seem so surprised that Tesa is so hugely financially successful, but its not because they have so many great ideas, its simply because world governments have been artificially propping them up to massive total effect. Governments should not be picking state sponsored winners and losers, and that part really pisses me off, and that gravy train really needs to end now.

Please don't let Spotify's musical recommendations near it.

This week: Something I'd clearly love called "Ho, why you here" and a "Feddy Wap".

I listen to classic rock.

Using your analogy, we’ve had brains for a lot longer than cars or rockets. It is debatable if we have used them.

There is a few more steps between using your brain and interfacing with it using digital solutions.

I can imagine music without Elon musks help

He is just a man with money.

He has very smart and talented people working for him who make the magic happen.

What got him to where he is today was a tremendous amount of luck (being in the right place at the right time with PayPal) and since then good instincts about knowing which projects to pursue and which not.

He was not worthy of any hero worship to begin with, and he is worthy of even less of it now.

Ever since he discovered the Rock and Roll life style he seems to have completely lost it.

I have no faith in his abilities to pick the next technological winners and losers anymore. He has lost touch with reality.

Y’all do what y’all do. Makes me laugh, please keep it up.

"It keeps playing Britney Spears and I can't make it stop!"

Imagine the possibilities when you're a prisoner of war

I can't speak for Nenu, but personally I find earbuds / IEM's totally useless. I prefer silence to listening to anything using them.

I haven't used earbuds since the 90's

I generally have to listen to different music with earbuds but I have some decent sennheiser ones that sound pretty nice so I dont mind listening to them. I much rather prefer a well setup sound system that maintains clean sound down to 20hz or so if possible

I think the Barney theme song is the most terrifying...

Yeah, I could totally seeing this being done in some sort of ransomware style attack on your neural piece. Pay $$ to make Barney shut up!

... pay more so that he doesn't come back another day!

Yea man, thunderf00t is long in the tooth on his debunking videos. Really really long. But if you watch the whole thing, like how can this even be feasible with current tech?

Yea that would be like landing a multi ton stories high rocket booster AFTER it detached from the space shuttle on an unmanned sea or ocean based unmanned drone platform. That shit will never happen am I right?

Lets give the dude some credit. He's backing ideas that will be the future. Even if it isn't his company and his exact vision it's happening.

Yea that would be like landing a multi ton stories high rocket booster AFTER it detached from the space shuttle on an unmanned sea or ocean based unmanned drone platform. That shit will never happen am I right?

Lets give the dude some credit. He's backing ideas that will be the future. Even if it isn't his company and his exact vision it's happening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTV

Vertical takeoff, vertical landing (VTVL) is a form of takeoff and landing for rockets. Multiple VTVL craft have flown. The most widely known and commercially successful VTVL rocket is SpaceX's Falcon 9 first stage.

VTVL technologies were developed substantially with small rockets after 2000, in part due to incentive prize competitions like the Lunar Lander Challenge. Successful small VTVL rockets were developed by Masten Space Systems, Armadillo Aerospace, and others.

Starting in the mid 2000s, VTVL was under intense development as a technology for reusable rockets large enough to transport people, with two companies, Blue Origin (New Shepard) and later SpaceX (Falcon 9), both having demonstrated recovery of launch vehicles after return to the launch site (RTLS) operations, with Blue Origin's New Shepard booster rocket making the first successful vertical landing on November 23, 2015 following a test flight that reached outer space, and SpaceX's Falcon 9 flight 20 marking the first landing of a commercial orbital booster roughly a month later, on December 22, 2015.

It's not like he came up with the idea, or even his company did it first. Sooo your point?

Back