Elon Musk Claims His Neuralink Microprocessing Chip Will Allow You To Stream Music Directly To Your Brain

Elon Musk claims have a .01 percent chance of happening.

He is actually pretty good at bank rolling some crazy ideas. This is one of those things that will take years and billions of dollars to make happen. Really no other investors are going to put 10-20 years and billions into something that may or may not work. I mean even if it does if your a 60+ year old billionaire what do you care if this works and makes your family more money 20 years after your death. Musk seems willing to invest in things that are unlikely to pay off in his life time.

I am sure we are a long way away from music in our heads... but this tech does hold a lot of promise for people with serious neurological disorders. There is the very strong posibility though that once the people Musk is bankrolling at Neurolink figure out that stuff, they may in fact get to the point of Musks dream of high bandwidth human->machine digital to analog links. As a child of the 90s.... in musks future Humankind will be come ADD. Perhaps that is the way to keep the DDD beings we create from offing us. Even if they just revive the Analog stuff for nostalgic reasons. lol

He is actually pretty good at bank rolling some crazy ideas. This is one of those things that will take years and billions of dollars to make happen. Really no other investors are going to put 10-20 years and billions into something that may or may not work. I mean even if it does if your a 60+ year old billionaire what do you care if this works and makes your family more money 20 years after your death. Musk seems willing to invest in things that are unlikely to pay off in his life time.

I am sure we are a long way away from music in our heads... but this tech does hold a lot of promise for people with serious neurological disorders. There is the very strong posibility though that once the people Musk is bankrolling at Neurolink figure out that stuff, they may in fact get to the point of Musks dream of high bandwidth human->machine digital to analog links. As a child of the 90s.... in musks future Humankind will be come ADD. Perhaps that is the way to keep the DDD beings we create from offing us. Even if they just revive the Analog stuff for nostalgic reasons. lol

Musk spitballs alot of shit, and people eat it up. Sure the tech could work in theory, but it's years and years away. At least it's feasible unlike his hyperloop joke.

Musk spitballs alot of shit, and people eat it up. Sure the tech could work in theory, but it's years and years away. At least it's feasible unlike his hyperloop joke.

I see them as pretty different.

Hyperloop is feasible from a technological perspective using technology that exists today. It just needs some solid design effort behind it.

Where it falls down is cost.

This neurological implant thing might work with future technology.

Hyperloop is feasible from a technological perspective using technology that exists today. It just needs some solid design effort behind it.

sure

I can't watch all that right now, so I can't see what they arguments are, but...

1.) The specific time claims may have been a little optimistic, but thats usually true for any new tech.

2.) If liberated of air resistance we definitely would be able to travel faster using less energy.

3.) A more modest hyperloop is certainly possible. You know, not complete vacuum, but lower than ambient pressure, and not quite as low travel times.

4.) Still probably doesn't make financial sense though.

I can't watch all that right now, so I can't see what they arguments are, but...

1.) The specific time claims may have been a little optimistic, but thats usually true for any new tech.

2.) If liberated of air resistance we definitely would be able to travel faster using less energy.

3.) A more modest hyperloop is certainly possible. You know, not complete vacuum, but lower than ambient pressure, and not quite as low travel times.

4.) Still probably doesn't make financial sense though.

Yea man, thunderf00t is long in the tooth on his debunking videos. Really really long. But if you watch the whole thing, like how can this even be feasible with current tech?

Advertising, straight into your thinkin' meat.

Next thing you know, there will be ads streamed directly into your brain.

You'll need a bio-ad-blocker if you want to go outside. Bet that will be a thing.

Imagine the malware from the Chrome Web Store for your brain.

I mean stream music for sure, don't help the deaf here. Subscription music service is the ticket. Why do I feel this is like the bone conduction glasses which I find are essentially junk.

Sensorial adjuncts are a world of difference from interfacing with the conscious mind, so this is possible if its just tapping into auditory inputs past the ears. We don't even have to understand it, just copy what natural systems are doing and hope for the best.

Its not like uploading music into your memory so you can remember it like other memories.

This conversation has gone on this long and no mention of pr0n?

or even a Neo "I know kung fu"

If they can fool the brain into thinking your body is vibrating in response to bass, and correctly through the freq range, this has legs for music.
Without that, no thanks.

Bass response including body response forms a major part of how I enjoy music.
When the bass isnt right I dont like listening to my hifi.

They cn implant leads in different parts of body which will supply 40v current at different frequencies to match the music. You will vibrate, mate.
It needs to feel real, leads with 40V wont cut it.

I know, right?

FHlanding.jpg

waiting for a wireless version of this.

also when a wireless version comes out, we will all be controlled if we are not already.

On a serious note, I don't think this would be a good idea for me. I have a auditory learning disability so my brain already doesn't process sound properly. I don't want to know what this would do to me.

waiting for a wireless version of this.

also when a wireless version comes out, we will all be controlled if we are not already.

Lets not get too hasty here. The 2030 'Kill all humans' movement will be entirely spontaneous and its origins will certainly not be traced back to people getting microchipped for 6 months of Spotify Premium.

If they can fool the brain into thinking your body is vibrating in response to bass, and correctly through the freq range, this has legs for music.
Without that, no thanks.

Bass response including body response forms a major part of how I enjoy music.
When the bass isnt right I dont like listening to my hifi.

So how do you feel about earbuds

So much tracking going on right now, imagine if you can't turn tracking off on this thing?

Ghost hacked humans are so pathetic...

Can't most people with functional hearing stream music directly into their brain?

On a serious note, I don't think this would be a good idea for me. I have a auditory learning disability so my brain already doesn't process sound properly. I don't want to know what this would do to me.
Well, maybe it would bypass the parts that have issues or maybe it could be used for some type of therapy, or maybe it would drive you batshit crazy if you use it.... Nobody would know until it is tested. More than likely if it triggered the same impulses to the same neurons, it would be no different than what you are used to now (for better or worse).

Back