Ellen Pao Resigned From Reddit

The misapplication was egregious, or at least such an exaggeration in the context used as to be laughable... or should taco bell rename their menu with the Burrito Transcental... ;)

I said that matters of race are transcendent in human history. Considering the amount of attention that matters of race have gotten long before either of us were born and by the sheer number of images you've linked to in this forum concerning the subject I stand my use of the word "transcendent ".

Look, the slippery slope refers to taking a step or steps that quickly escalate.

Do you honestly not think that words have nothing to do with this process? Words have everything to do with this process if you didn't know.

Do you honestly not think that words have nothing to do with this process? Words have everything to do with this process if you didn't know.
I don't know how many different ways I can reword my explanation... Reddit became popular based on its open platform concept, there was no slope, and if anything you can call it a trough. You have very delicate sensibilities, and you want to control people and decide who can and can't speak, you've made that clear. I wouldn't agree with it, but I could understand it if there were people you had to drive by on your way to work blocking the streets, or standing in front of a Subway restaurant and you're just trying to get a sandwich... but again we are talking about subreddits that you probably didn't even know EXISTED until someone informed you to go be outraged by it.

You've made your "thought police" position clear... so has Reddit. We disagree with you, but the big difference is that while I may not agree with you on much, Reddit and myself encourage you to go ahead and find or make your own subreddit so you can speak with like-minded people if you want to, whereas you just want to burn books and put a ball gag on anyone you disagree with. Ironically, you probably think you're the more tolerant one. ;)

You have very delicate sensibilities, and you want to control people and decide who can and can't speak, you've made that clear.

The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered. Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.

Proverbs 17:27-28

Shes the same C that tried to sue silicon valley and lost. Good shes gone... Hopefully, she doesn't land any wins anywhere. PAO RIGHT IN THE KISSER

What is reddit?

Reddit: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Reddit is actually the savior of the internet because every second redditors spend on reddit is a second they aren't ruining nice places like this.

Here is an image of /r/all day 1
Oddly enough exactly 1 month later you've got none of that, barely any hate at all, I even see some posts saying she was a scapegoat but everything she did at Reddit aside, she is still a piece of trash just like her piece of shit husband

Reddit: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Uhhhh.... Reddit is basically all-encompassing of the internet in general, and the users have hugely varying interests (hence the thousands of subs).

Some of the largest subreddits:
https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/
https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/
https://www.reddit.com/r/science/
https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/

Yes, all the people awing over shared kitten and puppy pictures are basically Hitler. VILLAINY! PURE EVIL!!! *facepalming so hard* :D

LMAO! You sure you're not just mad your champion was given the boot thanks to massive backlash of the internet?

So, now that's she's gone, is Reddit magically going to become the important and valuable resource that all those furiously outraged users imagine it to be, rather than yet another cesspit of random internet twats?

No. No, it isn't.

Nope. Instead you have a bunch of neckbeards who think their hitler memes changed something. Go internet

So, now that's she's gone, is Reddit magically going to become the important and valuable resource that all those furiously outraged users imagine it to be, rather than yet another cesspit of random internet twats?

No. No, it isn't.

That's the most funny part of all. The bottom feeder human waste that is "into" Reddit isn't going to make that dump into someplace where there's an exchange of useful information that somehow makes the world a better place. What's even more silly is that they all put a lot of effort in to being activists over their ability to be like inflammatory morons to one another. Activism for the sake of perpetuating their own stupidity collectively.

No. No, it isn't.

No one ever claimed that reddit will be the source of enlightenment without Pao. The problem is she went all SJW on reddit and had contents remove and users banned for being negative against her. It would be like Kyle banning anyone who disagree with him on hardforum, that's not how you run a forum (unless you want to run it into the ground).

Had she been allowed to continue her SJW crusade against the community, they would have driven the community away eventually, and that would be a failure for a site that depends solely on it's community of users.

8zyQl1lL.png

Since most of them were just full of bullshit and hate speech, I don't really care if they come back or not.
I didn't even know "fatpeoplehate" or whatever it was called even existed, but I care because of the principle of the thing... to the point I'd consider wearing a "No Fat Chicks" shirt just as a celebration of free speech! :p

They should know that the more you try and forcefully thought police the internet, the more you actually encourage the behavior. That's why this feminism and SJW stuff is so toxic, as it almost forces you to become more polar opposite to bring balance to the force or something, hah!

I couldn't be paid enough to be the CEO of Reddit. While some areas are very good, a lot of that community is very toxic. It's not 4chan bad but things can get ugly quick if the users go on some form of entitled trip.

I couldn't be paid enough to be the CEO of Reddit. While some areas are very good, a lot of that community is very toxic. It's not 4chan bad but things can get ugly quick if the users go on some form of entitled trip.
Huh?

As CEO, the whole point is that the community doesn't WANT you to try to be moderator and micromanage the communities. There are subreddit moderators and they handle all the day to day task of policing the forums, so there's almost nothing for you to do in that regard as long as you're not getting legal notices.

IMO, nothing could be simpler than to be the CEO of Reddit, which almost runs on autopilot. All you really have to do is ensure you have a team in place that can:
1) Keep the servers up and running
2) Respond to legal issues
3) Handle monetization balancing corporate greed with what the community will tolerate
4) Assign and police admins that coordinate and communicate with the volunteer moderators

That's pretty much it, and as far as CEOs for major companies goes, that has to be the least stressful and technically challenging job I can think of. In fact, I think its one of the few CEO positions I'd consider myself qualified for.

I'm getting a Slurpee to celebrate!

7-11
Nevar Forget!

I've had this tab open for days: http://www.reddit.com/r/space

404 - Cesspool not found

It's one thing to point out bad behavior, but don't ignore the larger purpose or usage of the site. Reddit is mostly useful.

It might have its uses but its still the worlds largest cesspool...
These are the largest subreddits; which specifically is a cesspool:
GADGETS-SPORTS-GAMING-PICS-WORLDNEWS-VIDEOS-ASKREDDIT-AWW-MUSIC-FUNNY-NEWS-MOVIES-BOOKS-HISTORY-FOOD-PHILOSOPHY-TELEVISION-JOKES-ART-DIY-SPACE-DOCUMENTARIES-FITNESS-ASKSCIENCE-NOTTHEONION-TODAYILEARNED-PERSONALFINANCE-GIFS-LISTENTOTHIS

I have a feeling a lot of people are defining cesspool as any group that champions free speech over thought policing.

Huh?

As CEO, the whole point is that the community doesn't WANT you to try to be moderator and micromanage the communities. There are subreddit moderators and they handle all the day to day task of policing the forums, so there's almost nothing for you to do in that regard as long as you're not getting legal notices.

IMO, nothing could be simpler than to be the CEO of Reddit, which almost runs on autopilot. All you really have to do is ensure you have a team in place that can:
1) Keep the servers up and running
2) Respond to legal issues
3) Handle monetization balancing corporate greed with what the community will tolerate
4) Assign and police admins that coordinate and communicate with the volunteer moderators

That's pretty much it, and as far as CEOs for major companies goes, that has to be the least stressful and technically challenging job I can think of. In fact, I think its one of the few CEO positions I'd consider myself qualified for.

You make some points but then comes the question, are you the CEO or ANYTHING? Without the experience of being in that position, no amount of general knowledge will be seen as equal to actually being one. That is for major companies, as you mentioned. Can't be that easy seeing how much crap CEO's for a lot of companies get on a daily basis. Including many in the tech industry that this very forum community, and others like it, love to take jabs at from time to time.

You make some points but then comes the question, are you the CEO or ANYTHING?
Yes, I'm the CEO NO-U-DI-INT Neck Brace Inc., keeping ratchets safe from sustaining injuries during arguments.

But seriously, most companies aren't primarily run by non-paid volunteers who make up 99.9999% of your workforce, almost running on autopilot as long as the website is running.

These are the largest subreddits; which specifically is a cesspool:
GADGETS-SPORTS-GAMING-PICS-WORLDNEWS-VIDEOS-ASKREDDIT-AWW-MUSIC-FUNNY-NEWS-MOVIES-BOOKS-HISTORY-FOOD-PHILOSOPHY-TELEVISION-JOKES-ART-DIY-SPACE-DOCUMENTARIES-FITNESS-ASKSCIENCE-NOTTHEONION-TODAYILEARNED-PERSONALFINANCE-GIFS-LISTENTOTHIS

I have a feeling a lot of people are defining cesspool as any group that champions free speech over thought policing.

That has nothing to do with it still being the largest cesspool on the planet. That's by design having a free to post by any sub human racist pig of a low life scumbag forum like that. And way to leave all the other sub categories out. It is what it is. Keep crying about it.

That has nothing to do with it still being the largest cesspool on the planet. That's by design having a free to post by any sub human racist pig of a low life scumbag forum like that. And way to leave all the other sub categories out. It is what it is. Keep crying about it.
I listed the most popular by size, and yes there are unpopular reddits for racists like /r/blackpower... so what? I don't go in that reddit. You probably didn't even know it existed. Who cares if its a sub that will never hit frontpage and happens to be on the same server as everything else? Would it make a difference if it were hosted by itself on www.blackpower.org? Its on the internet either way. And wait a second, your'e the one whining that its a cesspool, what do you mean keep crying about it? ;)

My point is obvious, you say its the largest cesspool, yet all of the largest most popular subs that make up pretty much the entirety of the FP and reddit as a whole for that matter are as mainstream as mainstream gets. That makes it pretty obvious you just have your panties in a twist that people don't agree with you on thought policing and heavily censoring the internet.

I listed the most popular by size, and yes there are unpopular reddits for racists like /r/blackpower... so what? I don't go in that reddit. You probably didn't even know it existed. Who cares if its a sub that will never hit frontpage and happens to be on the same server as everything else? Would it make a difference if it were hosted by itself on www.blackpower.org? Its on the internet either way. And wait a second, your'e the one whining that its a cesspool, what do you mean keep crying about it? ;)

My point is obvious, you say its the largest cesspool, yet all of the largest most popular subs that make up pretty much the entirety of the FP and reddit as a whole for that matter are as mainstream as mainstream gets. That makes it pretty obvious you just have your panties in a twist that people don't agree with you on thought policing and heavily censoring the internet.

Nope....by its sheer size its the largest cesspool out there. Don't care about it either way since I've only visited that place through forum links for a topic I'm interested in. It became quite obvious what kind of site it was after a few minutes reading uncensored posts. Lets hope they can continue to clean up the hate and racist sub forums there. Maybe they can turn it into a more legitimate site after removing the scumbags. Must have hit a nerve I did...;)

Nope....by its sheer size its the largest cesspool out there.
So you admit that the overwhelming majority are just mainstream subreddits with mainstream users trading cat pics on imgr and what not, but by virtue of it being large its a cesspool... By that logic North America is a cesspool.
Don't care about it either way since I've only visited that place through forum links for a topic I'm interested in.
You post a lot for someone that doesn't care, huh? Heh!
It became quite obvious what kind of site it was after a few minutes reading uncensored posts. Lets hope they can continue to clean up the hate and racist sub forums there. Maybe they can turn it into a more legitimate site after removing the scumbags. Must have hit a nerve I did...;)
You realize that people like you and Ellen Pao are what got the site essentially shut down, caused a large exodus (at least temporarily), a big online petition, that ended in the CEO getting fired right? Hit a nerve? Isn't it obvious I'm getting a kick out of pointing out how your opinions are unpopular and unsubstantiated? Pat yourself on the back though if it makes you feel better. :D

Must have hit a nerve I did...;)

Now be nice. He established in other recent threads he's not a racist or anything. He just doesn't like the idea of doing anything to tilt the scales away from the status quo of white male dominance.

So you admit that the overwhelming majority are just mainstream subreddits with mainstream users trading cat pics on imgr and what not, but by virtue of it being large its a cesspool... By that logic North America is a cesspool.

You post a lot for someone that doesn't care, huh? Heh!

You realize that people like you and Ellen Pao are what got the site essentially shut down, caused a large exodus (at least temporarily), a big online petition, that ended in the CEO getting fired right? Hit a nerve? Isn't it obvious I'm getting a kick out of pointing out how your opinions are unpopular and unsubstantiated? Pat yourself on the back though if it makes you feel better. :D

Yup hit a nerve. ;) Its the biggest cesspool because its the largest cesspool even if it has larger sub forums... It has the largest cesspool of sub forums on the planet by its sheer size. Yes you finally get it don't you! You're right I couldn't care less and yes I feel great! I can post without giving a crap because its just my opinion. Lets hope Pao wasn't the issue and they keep trying to clean up the cesspool forums. That's what we all want right? ;)

What's reddit? (As though I care.) Who is Ellen Pao? (See previous statement.)

Back