Elite Dangerous: Arena Free This Weekend

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently Elite Dangerous: Arena is being given away for free this weekend. According to Blue's News, everyone that downloads a copy of the game from Frontier Developments or Steam between now and Monday will get to keep the game forever.

this news made me finally considering buying a new joystick... bank account says otherwise.. that and the canada post lock-out which is likely to happen :/

A lot of negative comments at Steam on the needless complexity of the registration process.
You need an account at Frontier.
One person states that you'll be asked for a credit card number and billing address at Frontier's site, even though the game is free.

On the plus side, if you own Elite Dangerous, you have already have access to Elite Dangerous: Arena

I read the comments at the Steam page, realized what a hassle it more than likely is to get it and then realized "I don't play games, what the fuck am I doing here in the first place..." :D

But the comments alone are so damning as to make this game worthless, even if it is free (and you have to jump through a few hoops to get it).

I'll download it for free. Who knows if I will ever play the thing.

Apparently Elite Dangerous: Arena is being given away for free this weekend. According to Blue's News, everyone that downloads a copy of the game from Frontier Developments or Steam between now and Monday will get to keep the game forever.

Thanks for the heads-up Steve

Read the Steam reviews and ran away.

I saw they were crappy, but whatever. Free is free. "Buy" it and don't install it, and then you own it forever if someone good ever comes of it. Literally nothing to lose here, IMO.

This is just a ruse to get you to buy the full game+dlc.

Yeah, I know, how DARE THEY give you the chance the play the game at no cost to see if you like it. HOW DARE THEY! :rolleyes: Now, if you have to put a credit card in, I would not do that but, it is that the same thing is what the person I quoted said.

Jumped on this because... well free? lol. There was no CC required to make my account and register the key, only step was going to a webpage the launcher opened and making an account then verifying it (enter a code they email you), took 5 minutes to get setup.
I read the comments at the Steam page, realized what a hassle it more than likely is to get it and then realized "I don't play games, what the fuck am I doing here in the first place..." :D

But the comments alone are so damning as to make this game worthless, even if it is free (and you have to jump through a few hoops to get it).
A lot of negative comments at Steam on the needless complexity of the registration process.
You need an account at Frontier.
One person states that you'll be asked for a credit card number and billing address at Frontier's site, even though the game is free.

On the plus side, if you own Elite Dangerous, you have already have access to Elite Dangerous: Arena

Jumped on this because... well free? lol. There was no CC required to make my account and register the key, only step was going to a webpage the launcher opened and making an account then verifying it (enter a code they email you), took 5 minutes to get setup.
Just goes to show you; comments on the interwebs are worth their weight in ...
Makes you wonder why people feel compelled to waste time and effort to trash a game. It's not like it could change their life...

Back