ELEX II

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
Dan D. ^^ This. A buggy janky mess that has some good ideas that a real budget would better fully realize.
I've never heard of these guys before. I tend to stick to AAA games for the most part. Not that this shields me from disappointment by any means, but I'm very picky about the games I pay for and most smaller developers generally fail to deliver the kind of experiences I'm looking for. Plus, they lack the general hype train to get on my radar.

Armenius

Fully [H]
I've never heard of these guys before. I tend to stick to AAA games for the most part. Not that this shields me from disappointment by any means, but I'm very picky about the games I pay for and most smaller developers generally fail to deliver the kind of experiences I'm looking for. Plus, they lack the general hype train to get on my radar.
They made the Gothic and Risen series.

CrimsonKnight13

Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress
ELEX was pretty fun but brutally hard at the beginning. I'm curious to see what improvements are implemented with 2.

Drexion

[H]ard|Gawd
These were my thoughts after completing the first game, in the original Elex thread. It was worth the time if you didn't mind the eurojank.

Looking forward to this, though not enthusiastically. Each of their releases shows some stubbornness in refusing to learn from what other developers are doing. The quality of the gameplay in their games has improved, but at a very slow pace.

Aireoth

Supreme [H]ardness
All of them are fun little RPG's with a fair amount of jank and some very broken mechanics, iirc in the first area of Gothic 2 i believe you can grab a scroll that turns you into a black raptor, then proceed to decimate all the creatures in the area which hilariously overpowers you.

Elex is hard unless you run to a certain settlement, get the flame thrower, then just abuse the stagger mechanic, gg-ez.

Drexion

[H]ard|Gawd
First gameplay video and developer Q+A
ELEX-II.jpg

"Shortly after the flurry of E3 2021 announcements died down, Piranha Bytes and THQ Nordic came forward with the reveal of ELEX II, the sequel to the 2017 open world roleplaying game set in a post-apocalyptic world where magic and technology both have a strong place.

The game isn't too far off its release date (Steam even briefly listed it for 2021, though that was replaced with 'Coming Soon' and THQ Nordic PR said launching this year is a goal that isn't ensured yet), so we gladly took the chance to send a list of questions about ELEX II to the developers." (full article)

Some of the features mentioned:
-More expansive flying
-Aerial combat
-Increased density of content
-Improved combat
-Improved enemy AI
-Complex romances
-Player choice matters heavily
-Multiple endings
-Increased variety of enemies

(source)