Elex from Piranha Bytes 10-17-17

Anyone still playing?

I'm in chapter 3 having the moved the main quest forward.

Question: Certain side quests like, for example, " lost guns and dead men" for the Berserkers... it's either bugged or I should have done it in chapter 1 or chapter 2 because the dead bodies and weapons that I'm supposed to pick up in what was the small camp are gone.

Is that true for some of these quests, that you better do them earlier?
I tried, but the story and acting is so bad.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The further into console development they have gone the worse their games have gotten.

Coincidence?

3AQ9IBR_2048x2048.png

The further into console development they have gone the worse their games have gotten.

Coincidence?

These days the consoles are basically mini PCs with no proprietary hardware issues to speak of so I'm honestly not sure why it would be a factor.

How "great" have Pirhana Bytes games ever really been? Let's get real here. ;) This is a crew of under 30 people making these games.

These days the consoles are basically mini PCs with no proprietary hardware issues to speak of so I'm honestly not sure why it would be a factor.

How "great" have Pirhana Bytes games ever really been? Let's get real here. ;) This is a crew of under 30 people making these games.
Tongue-in-cheek comment really.

Risen 1 was great. On PC.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I feel like Elex could have been a breakthrough for them if they had put another 6-12 months on it. I've played most of the PB library on the PC myself. I have a soft spot in my heart for them. I "get" them, lumps and all. ;)

Risen had some good things going there especially in terms of exploration.

Last edited:
Welp, restarted elix, its time. the last project was gothic 2 returning mod, which is like a huge expansion + modernization, but they totally fubared the combat system, making it unplayable. I finally nuked it after too much frustration. But elix... is kind of like a modern gothic 2. clunky but still....

They ever fix this game up? It is $20 now. Just looking for a story to play through.

They ever fix this game up? It is $20 now. Just looking for a story to play through.

You can do it. It's as fixed as any Pirhana Bytes game ever is. If you know what that means and what to expect from them then I think you'll get what you want out of it. The story had some interesting ideas.

Yeah it's pretty fun for those of us who enjoy Piranha Bytes games. Many popular games have not caught my attention as much as ELEX. For example I never finished The Witcher 3, but I finished Elex.
I'm looking forward to Elex 2.

Back