Eleven Most Overrated Games of All Time

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Every gamer out there has his or her pet peeve list about which games are most overrated after spending good money on them, so the guys over at Geek made up their own list of the eleven of the most overrated games in their experience. Give it a look and see if you agree with Geek’s list.

Earthbound. I tried to play it but I was bored and gameplay was weird.

I really liked Black and White. I thought it was unique and a fun city builder.
Yeah, I remember getting a lot of enjoyment out of it. Nor do I recall having any issues with the controls.

I don't agree with the list. I think the addition of finishing moves in Mortal Kombat was something that made the game more interesting, and there's something satisfying about learning these finishing moves. In fact, the many different finishing moves in MK3 was the main selling point for me.

Bioshock was perfectly fine. Worth every penny

Not for me. Mouse movement was horrible and made the game completely unplayable, even with ini tweaks. They were demanding people play it with joypad or suffer greatly. Fuck those people.

Not for me. Mouse movement was horrible and made the game completely unplayable, even with ini tweaks. They were demanding people play it with joypad or suffer greatly. Fuck those people.

Couldn't agree more.

I was *really* looking forward to Infinite having loved Bioshock so damn much. I must've played through the orignal like 20 times, seriously.

But Infinite's controls were so shockingly and unplayably bad I gave up in a matter of hours and never went back. I'm sure the narrative's awesome, pity I'll never know. :(

Games that I have played that should not be on that list.

1. FF VII
2. GTA IV
3. MK

Sims is the only one I played that should be on that list.

The people who wrote that article are insane.

FF VII is overrated. I have the same complaints.
GTA 4 is also hot garbage. I got bored after a couple hours.

Agree 100% with #1 on that list. It's a great game but the pedestal that people put it on is downright outrageous sometimes.

I agree with #1. It is not a bad game but it is extremely overrated. The only shit that really got people's attention about that game was Aeris/Aerith's death. Everything else about it was just... decent.

Looking at that list, GTAIV should be at the top of it.

Terrible controls, terrible driving mechanics, terrible characters, terrible story, I played 8 hours and hated every minute of it.

Then I played Saints Row 3 and literally from start to end I had a blast, and while SR4 had its low points *cough cough collecting power orbs cough* it was still a million times more fun than GTAIV was

FFVII was a technological achievement that set a visual and audio bar for the entire platform. Plus it was a really good game.

I went back and played that game two or three years ago and it was better than what I remembered.

There are 13 COD's and 25 Battlefield games, and not a one shown? With those two titles alone you could make a "35 most overrated games of all time" list.

FFVII was a technological achievement that set a visual and audio bar for the entire platform. Plus it was a really good game.

I went back and played that game two or three years ago and it was better than what I remembered.

I would think you are in the minority there. Most people I know (and myself) found FFVII to be very disappointing when replaying many years later.

The only game that belongs on that list is Gran Turismo. What was the gold standard in racing sims quickly became mundane with dated physics that repackaged 10 templates just to say they have 600+ cars.

I was ok with the list until FF7 hit #1. What?! Did he play it? IMHO it's one of my top 5. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. But man... that's way off.

There are 13 COD's and 25 Battlefield games, and not a one shown? With those two titles alone you could make a "35 most overrated games of all time" list.

I still play Battlefield4 almost every day while Bioshock Infinite collects dust on my HDD. The shooting mechanics in BI are horrible.

I agree with Zelda TP but no FFVII or MK which I think were ahead of their time and still are fun to play today. Never played any of the other games so no comment there.

I bet this guy think Destiny is the bomb XD

I would think you are in the minority there. Most people I know (and myself) found FFVII to be very disappointing when replaying many years later.

Nope. While yes, being reminded of the graphical limitations of the time can be jarring FF7 is like Doom or Quake. Just playing it brings back memories of your youth. I can still replay that game and get enjoyment out of it.

Click bait.

When I interviewed for my job at Activision many many years ago the team asked me "what is my favorite game and why?" I responded "the easy answer is FFVII (and went into my response of a different game)." I passed because every applicant they had said FFVII and were looking for something different. Every applicant...

Click bait.

When I interviewed for my job at Activision many many years ago the team asked me "what is my favorite game and why?" I responded "the easy answer is FFVII (and went into my response of a different game)." I passed because every applicant they had said FFVII and were looking for something different. Every applicant...

The original Toe Jam & Earl. Not too much depth, but it is my favorite game. Just run around, finding parts to your ship while burping, throwing tomatoes, hula dancing... Comedy & fun in that game.

FF7 is a great game and I put so many hours into it. Still, it's done. I know what to expect. I want something that I can play again and again.

FFVII was a technological achievement that set a visual and audio bar for the entire platform. .
I remember playing it and thinking "WTF this characters look like ass, bring pixels back! So much nicer look to it than blocky fists and heads. I get it was the whole 2d/3d gate way but I'd hardly call it a technological achievement.

And yes I did play the shit out of that game, there were times when an entire weekend was slotted to that game. I just didn't find it as much of as masterpiece as others did. If anything I part of me being upset was the lack of technology, 3 characters only, because of memory limitations.

Yea I remember thinking "Ugh, this 3D looks like crap, why did anyone think this was ready!?" Still, I thought the pacing and atmosphere of FFVII was pretty epic thanks to the backdrops and music (although a bit too GM MIDI-ish for my tastes)

Almost every one of those games were decent and well received, troll article.

Assassins Creed should be in the list. After the first 3 games. The franchise turned to shit.

Agree with Mortal Kombat. Street Fighter all the way (well, my favorite fighter was Vampire Savior - the Lord of Vampire, but that's another story).

I'd like to see someone who played FFVII as an adult weigh in on how good a game it is. I've never played it, myself, but I bet a lot of it is nostalgia through the eyes of a little kid.

I'd like to see someone who played FFVII as an adult weigh in on how good a game it is. I've never played it, myself, but I bet a lot of it is nostalgia through the eyes of a little kid.

I have personally never played the game. I may do a play-through one day to see my response to it.

Back