Elevated Privg.

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Why do i keep getting this pop up saying microsoft edge isnt responding because am existing instance is running with elevated privilages. would u like to restart the existing instance with normal privg.?

Why do i keep getting this pop up saying microsoft edge isnt responding because am existing instance is running with elevated privilages. would u like to restart the existing instance with normal privg.?
that bug was supposed to have been fix. is your windows up to date?

It's a sign not to use a Microsoft browser. Even after it's a stripped Chrome. Historically the little hooks built around the default browser have been a super highway for exploits.

yes very up to date auto update is also on i always get the good problems!!! lol
does it happen after any particular sites? have you looked in taskman to see what is left running when you get the message? you could try setting edge so it doesnt run in the background. i also see that uac being disabled can cause it.

It's a sign not to use a Microsoft browser. Even after it's a stripped Chrome. Historically the little hooks built around the default browser have been a super highway for exploits.
could you try to help some time?

Reactions: Void
like this
does it happen after any particular sites? have you looked in taskman to see what is left running when you get the message? you could try setting edge so it doesnt run in the background. i also see that uac being disabled can cause it.

could you try to help some time?
yes its mostly happening when i open edge and then maybe some other sites along the way, as far as checking taskman and stuff like that i am sorry i am not that good with my knowledge with these things sorry i dont have the right answers i will look at taskman... what happen is i use ms flight sim and yesterday while trying to open it there is a critical update or u cant use it so i went to the update but they wont install, it says i dont have permisson i am the only account on this computer and its set as admin as far as i can tell so between that and this i got to do something i am getting to the point to just reinstall windows i just hate loosing settings and all the updates for other things i know there is ways to keep setting i just dont know how to do any of this.. if u guys think its too much for me just tell me maybe i will bring it in for servoce somewere and pay 3 million for someone to hit 3 buttons!!! lol i live in ny they rob u here!!

have you googled the error and tried anything posted? msfs could be leaving something open, idk how it works, and that could be why you get it. turn off "allow app to run in background" for edge might help. google how to did it if you need to...

A couple of things you could try:

Method 1:
- Press the Windows Key + S and type in uac and click on Change User Account Control settings.
- Move the slider to the second option from the bottom that reads, Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer.
- Reboot the computer and check if Edge will still have Administrator Mode.

Method 2:
- Open Edge and type this on the address bar (edge://flags) page.
- Then search for elevate.
- In the highlighted results, for De-elevate browser on launch , choose Enabled and restart the browser then check if Edge will still have Administrator Mode.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...oft-edge/2be8d3cd-631c-47c6-a176-5d65de596afc

Last edited:
Back