Element 37" LCD TV (Circuit City)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tv is not that bad for the price. Fair quality.. On par with Olevia/Westinghouse and other pieces of crap, but good for the price. Beats paying $1100-$1200.

Item is off sale now anyways.

Peace,
Josh

Westinghouse piece of crap!?

I rather buy the 37inch 1080P Tv from costco for 799 then this thing no offense man. Plus not every review for a Westy is below 3 out of 5 like that one is haha.

Westinghouse is lowned as well.

Not that I could even watch t.v. on westinghouse without an external tuner, as it's a monitor not a t.v...

There is only 2 reviews on the website.. my brother works at circuit city and has alot of satisfied customer's. Not that bad of a T.V. No different than the other lowend (sceptre, westinghouse, etc) lcd products, and most are based on the same panel's anyhow.

Not that it matters the sale is off.

Peace,
Josh

The Westinghouse has a much better screen than this, or Olivia's. They are cheap because they take out things like a tuner.

Much better PQ than the really low end ones like this.

apples to oranges.

Can't compare a monitor to a t.v.

You won't find but a few t.v.'s in that price range.. and $660 shipped and after tax was a good deal. Which is why it's back to $899 now (not so good of a deal).

Peace,
Josh

apples to oranges.

You won't find but a few t.v.'s in that price range.. and $660 shipped and after tax was a good deal. Which is why it's back to $899 now (not so good of a deal).

Peace,
Josh

Sure you can- they're called displays. There's even a forum here for them. ;) Just because one allows for a tv tuner and one does not doesn't make them uncomparable. Outside of the tuner, they have directly comparable stats and image quality.

$660 for it is the eye of the beholder I guess. If the picture quality is there and it satisfies your needs then it was a good deal. However, judging from some of the reviews and posts here I'm not sure it would have satisfied everyone.

If i was going to get a 37" monitor, i would want a tv tuner for sure. Also, i think $660 is a good price for a 37"er. Besides, isnt the westinghouse 37"er like $300 more than this?

Globe

Not sure too many people care about having a TV tuner. I know I don't.
while there are several types of tuner, TV tuners are already in the cable and satellite boxes most people hook up to their, cough, displays. The only tuner most Westy owners would really be missing is an NTSC/ATSC tuner for the free OTA programming.

If i was going to get a 37" monitor, i would want a tv tuner for sure. Also, i think $660 is a good price for a 37"er. Besides, isnt the westinghouse 37"er like $300 more than this?

Globe
Costco has had the 37" Westy for $799 brand new, other places have had them on sale for a little more.

Haha, show me one display that satisfies even half of the people on this website... i don't think thats ever going to happen.

EDIT: Fawk i suck at quoting

To quote your broken quote... ;)

Check out the 30+ page thread in the Displays forum about the Westy 37". It has satisfied a TON of people, and as mentioned it's a little more at Costco.

Westinghouse is lowned as well.

Not that I could even watch t.v. on westinghouse without an external tuner, as it's a monitor not a t.v...

There is only 2 reviews on the website.. my brother works at circuit city and has alot of satisfied customer's. Not that bad of a T.V. No different than the other lowend (sceptre, westinghouse, etc) lcd products, and most are based on the same panel's anyhow.

Not that it matters the sale is off.

Peace,
Josh

What makes you say that the westinghouse is a monitor and not a TV? The Westinghouse 37W3 IS a TV, but is capable of being a monitor as well.

If you check the "Display" section of this forum, you can see that it does very well as a computer monitor. If you check the "LCD/Flat panel" section of avsforum.com, you can see that it does very well as a home theater TV.

Also, how can you even categorize the Westinghouse in the same class as Sceptre and Olevia? Hell, the Westinghouse 37W3/42W3 is one of the top selling HD LCD TV right now.

As for the "satisfied" customers that purchased from your brothers work place, well they are probably the average every day joe that does not know anything about TV, they only like the price. Now if this monitor is anywhere close to the Westinghouse, then no doubt there will be a huge thread either in this forum or on avsforum, but there is not.

P.S. You obviously do not know what you're talking about, and your only source of feedback on this item is from your brother.

FYI, I own a Westinghouse 32W1 and have used it as a gaming monitor for quite some time now, and it is now setup as my primary TV outputting analog cable.

Peace dude,
Anthony

[21CW]killerofall;1031166380 said:
Unfortunately anthongy817 you seem to me to be what I call the village idiot. Sometimes it sucks when you are smarter than 95% of the population because you have to deal with all of the idiots of the world.
Oh give it a rest and get over yourself, no need to get personal over one minor mistake in his post.

as stated before: dead deal ... and a great time for this thread to die in my humble opinion.

apples to oranges.

Peace,
Josh

It's called a cable box. Negates the need for a tuner at all. I'd prefer a nice screen over the addition of a tuner I will never use.

[21CW]killerofall;1031166380 said:
The Westinghouse 37W3 is a monitor because a monitor is a TV without a tuner. If you go to Westinghouse's web page you will find the 37W3 under monitors. Unfortunately anthongy817 you seem to me to be what I call the village idiot. Sometimes it sucks when you are smarter than 95% of the population because you have to deal with all of the idiots of the world.

That is my fault at that part. As previously stated, I own a 32W1 and it has a built in tuner, so I assumed that the 37W3 had one as well.

To me, a internal tuner is just an extra plus. Majority of the people that purchase a $500+ tv will not be using a analog source. I would rather pay a little more for a well known monitor without a built-in tuner than pay less for a "unknown" tv with a built-in tuner.

If you were given a choice of either a free Element 37" TV (built-in tuner) or a Westinghouse 37W3 (no built-in tuner), which would you choose? Obviously everybody would choose the Westinghouse. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back