Electronic Arts Now Offers Annual Membership to Origin Access for $30

Says the person who just joined the forums and has only posted on this thread.

Yeah, no. EA is where good series go to die.

This is what comes to my mind when I read about Electronic Arts:

mail_order_monsters_ea_d7.jpg

As someone that is not a fan of EA at all, I will be jumping on this deal. I have tried to stay away from their games but at this price I can catch up on everything i've missed the past 5-10 years.

Only games in my Origin account are ones that were given to me by EA for free, or acquired through a Humble Bundle of sorts. I plan on keeping it that way.

I would pay cash money for a nice version of Archon for my phone/tablet. Guess I'll have to get a C64 emulator. Also, I remember Mail Order Monsters, I loved that shit back when I was... 12?

edit - found Archon Classis on Steam. $10? Screw that

I would pay cash money for a nice version of Archon for my phone/tablet. Guess I'll have to get a C64 emulator. Also, I remember Mail Order Monsters, I loved that shit back when I was... 12?

edit - found Archon Classis on Steam. $10? Screw that
$10 seems reasonable for such a high quality title. The originals I played in the 80s on a Commodore 64 retailed for much higher, and in 1983 $35 (the cost of Archon at retail) is equivalent to $85.33 today.

Where is the love for GoG?

On topic, not entirely sure if I want to jump onto the bandwagon, I probably will not, since my playing habits actually goes against the subscription model (either I never play, or I play it again 10 years down the line).

On topic, not entirely sure if I want to jump onto the bandwagon, I probably will not, since my playing habits actually goes against the subscription model (either I never play, or I play it again 10 years down the line).

Been a member of GOG for 8 years. Can't wait for it to acquire the rights to No One Lives Forever 1 & 2, however impossible that seems in light of the license's several IP holders refusing to grant permission to anyone who wants to republish those games.

No matter what else changes at least we know people will bitch about stupid shit.

if you own the games then this isn't a service for you. If you don't like the games this isn't a service for you. This is a service for people who don't want to spend a lot of money on the games to buy them but would rather just spend a little to play them for a few weeks and be done. People bitch about spending $60 on digital games and having no way to sell them when done. Here you spend $30 a year and get to play any of these games when you want. So you don't need to worry about selling anything back

I have pretty much gone GoG only, and this won't change that.

EA has done plenty to earn all the hate they get.

But OTOH this really this seems like a good deal if someone wanted to play a bunch of EA titles for cheap. Go on a Year long EA binge, including All the Dragon Age, Mirrors Edge, Battle Front Games, etc... for less than it cost to buy Andromeda. In a year you will have had your fill and can cancel.

I don't think there is any doubt just joining for a year is a great deal.

If they included BFront 2, I'd sign up. I already have most the games from EA that I'd want to play.

I am glad to see they are including some of the expansions since EA has been offering the base game cheap once it is a year old.

I own both. The 2nd one sucks.

Different strokes. I own both as well, and quite enjoyed both! Catalyst is the only game in the past year that I made a point to carve out time to play all the way through; glad I did. Love the soundtracks, too!

Different strokes. I own both as well, and quite enjoyed both! Catalyst is the only game in the past year that I made a point to carve out time to play all the way through; glad I did. Love the soundtracks, too!

The 2nd one would be alright if it was larger. I find myself running the same paths over and over and over again, with no new places to go. It's like playing Dragon Age Inquisition, but never unlocking new areas.

Back