Election 2012 on Xbox Live Turns Gamers Into Voters

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft is getting into the election process spirit by providing a new feature called “Election 2012 on Xbox Live” enabling Xbox gamers to interact in the voting process. The platform will be available beginning August 27th.

"We want to provide our passionate Xbox Live community with a great way to experience the election process with TV that makes them participants – and not just viewers"

MIcrosoft...always votes liberal right? So they want to make a system so kids can "learn facts about the candidates".

Sounds like brainwashing to me, just like mtv.

Unless this promotes the idea of registering to vote and visiting your local polling place... absolutely nothing is being done.

The new feature provides Xbox 360 owners with the opportunity to interact with live coverage of the presidential debates, learn facts about the candidates, register to vote, and connect with other election-based services.
Yup, sounds like some "librul" conspiracy to me. :rolleyes:

They just want more kids to vote. Liberal fiscal ideas often sound great to young people because they like the idea of "free" stuff.

( I myself am libertarian... And actualy vote libertarian )

because they like the idea of "free" stuff.
or maybe becuase they haven't turned old, grumpy and greedy yet? Children do tend to be more empathetic then adults, probably because they aren't stressing out about money to raise kids of their own.

just another theory. I too am more libertarian then dem or repub...

I think its a good idea considering the young are among the worst voters of all. If more young people bothered to care about who gets into office then they could basically make or break who gets in.

The more people that give a shit the better.

Unless this promotes the idea of registering to vote and visiting your local polling place... absolutely nothing is being done.

I think its a good idea considering the young are among the worst voters of all. If more young people bothered to care about who gets into office then they could basically make or break who gets in.

Hopefully, voter turnout is pitiful.

Problem is, who gets in apparently makes no real difference. Rather understandably, people don't believe in the system anymore, which is clear from the small percentage of voters, many who seem to so, so "their party" wins.

When the total difference is who's going to be on TV more for 4 years more, not many people care. :p

The corporations that really run the show have basically moulded both sides into almost the same thing. They don't want anyone who is going to rock the boat getting anywhere near the Whitehouse. They won't allow it.

They make sure a couple of lesser policies are polarised so to give the illusion of choice/difference but really there isn't any.

The corporations want their status quo which works for them to carry on and whomever you vote for will allow that to carry on unchanged.

It's pretty much the same in most western 'democracies'. Politics is really a sideshow.

Quick, everyone, tinfoil hats to 11 or we are doomed!
Because of the centrist nature of MSNBC, we know the suspicion of bias in another Microsoft/NBC effort is completely unwarranted.

Encouraging people to vote who would are probably equally disinterested in being informed as they are ambivalent about going to vote is an awesome notion.

Back