Elec. cost for a Mach 2 and Cooling Capacity

scihon

Limp Gawd
Would an original Mach 2 (not the GT) have enough cooling power for an Opteron 165?
I have one sitting around that I bought and haven't used much. Also curious if anyone has an estimate on how much my electrical bill may go up if I use this thing pretty often, but NOT 24-7.

Thx.

I dont know if the compressor runs all the time or not but you can use it and estimate out of an hour or a day how often the compressor will run in a typical day - whatever length you want.

The formula you want to use is to .

Wattage of unit in use x hours in use per day x days per month = watthours

divide watthours by 1000 to get kilowatt hours.

For example of a 100W bulb run 10 hours per day for a average 30 day month.
100W x 10h x 30days = 30,000wh
30,000wh/1000 = 30kwh.

Then look on the back of you electic bill or go to the companies web site and find the residential rate which should be around twenty cents per KWH .

so with our light bulb example it costs 20cents x 30 = $6 per month.

I dont know if the compressor runs all the time or not but you can use it and estimate out of an hour or a day how often the compressor will run in a typical day - whatever length you want.

The formula you want to use is to .

Wattage of unit in use x hours in use per day x days per month = watthours

divide watthours by 1000 to get kilowatt hours.

For example of a 100W bulb run 10 hours per day for a average 30 day month.
100W x 10h x 30days = 30,000wh
30,000wh/1000 = 30kwh.

Then look on the back of you electic bill or go to the companies web site and find the residential rate which should be around twenty cents per KWH .

so with our light bulb example it costs 20cents x 30 = $6 per month.

I've seen these "calculations" posted a lot and they just don't add up. I will run nothing in my apartment but my computer and and my bills are $100+

I've seen these "calculations" posted a lot and they just don't add up. I will run nothing in my apartment but my computer and and my bills are $100+

Heating? Minimum monthly fees... Connection fees etc. it's 6$ a month on top of the current bill... Many locations have extra "base" fees as well.

Of course, that 6$ varies with region too.

I will run nothing in my apartment but my computer

Got a TV ? Is it plugged in ? Then its running even if it is not turned on, even your computer uses standby power unless you reach behind it and flip the switch on the power supply. Cable box? DSL modem ? Clocks ? Cordless phone ? Cell phone charger ? VCR ? Sit in the dark ? My point is that I think you just do not realize what you do have that is running. No refrigerator ? A fridge is a major energy cost. Electric water heater ? Its endless.

Well to each their own, but these days with processors exceeding 4ghz on air and not exceeding 5 on phase change cooling (I have seen 4.5 on water) I don't know why anybody would want to bother anymore, besides hobby/interest.

Most electronics that are "off" (standby mode) draw power. As someone else said, your TV is drawing power for the remote control circuitry while its waiting for you to hit the on button. Have a charger for your cell phone? If you're not unplugging it, its chewing up power all the time. Same goes with any other power adapter, dvd player, bluray player, console, etc.. unless its unplugged or has a switch on the AC side of the circuit.

Back