Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

High-res texture pack.

Already had that, do you mean a new one for DB? I have the same DLC listed in steam as before. DawnGuard, HearthFire, Skyrim High Resolution Texture Pack, and Dragonborn. Restarted steam again, no update needed this time, shrug.

Oh great, thanks to both of you. On a somewhat related note, I really need more VRAM, I have barely any mods and I get stuttering occasionally in towns but usually 60+ FPS. I basically have just Ultimate HD fire spells, Static Mesh Improvement Mod, Immersive Armors and Weapons, SkyUI, HD Dragon Replacer and Enhanced Blood, but I want to run so many more but 1.5GBs is not enough. Those people who pan 4GB cards are nuts in my opinion, while highly modded skyrim is not common, it's common enough and other games could look better too.

They supposedly updated some existing stuff in the HD texture pack. One thing I know they fixed was a missing texture for the chopping block. When using the HD texture pack, the chopping block that you could find at a shop right inside Markarth and the butcher in Riften was always pink/purple; it was like that for a while. They finally fixed that texture.

My Steam also installed a high res texture pack, now I have three of them. What gives? I'm running the vanilla game except for Hearthfire.
Is each texture pack update listed seperately?

Has anybody noticed the bird stuck in the tree? It's on the other side of the bridge as you're leaving Riverwood and walking to Whiterun. The tree is on the right.

I got into the new island last night on DB and I have been noticing some weird things with clipping. My character will sometimes float then step down quite a bit in areas. I also noticed some dialog was not really very immersive. It seemed a bit to modern. I love the Nordic Armor though. I can't wait for the CBBE Vanilla version of it.

Seem distant things blink in and blink out but nothing major. Feels like a homecoming in some ways seeing Redorans and hearing Morrowind music. I'm very happy with this DLC all told. :)

I'm still a bit confused on the backstory on Red Mountain (its eruption) and so forth. It seems like that's something that should have been explained by some major character right away, but so far, NPCs have been pretty mum on the subject.

This may be it; I may be able to start a new game and play through it entirely without a plethora of broken quests hung in my journal and tens of items stuck in my inventory.

Anybody tried the 1.9 beta patch? How does it play on the Legendary difficulty? Monsters just do more damage or is there more to it?

Anybody tried the 1.9 beta patch? How does it play on the Legendary difficulty? Monsters just do more damage or is there more to it?

More damage received / Less damage done.

It's the lazy way to increase difficulty.

More damage received / Less damage done.

It's the lazy way to increase difficulty.

That's really a shame.

They could have made the game 10 times harder if they just coded some decent pathfinding.

Oh, and maybe let npc's use jump?

Just my opinion, but I think the ultimate Skyrim Mod would be Oblivion, remade with Skyrim's graphics...

Back