Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

Does anyone know if Darn is working on a UI? Skyboost is great and all, but i really long for an icon-based inventory.

Yes, but the UI is all in Flash in Skyrim and bears no resemblance to Bethesda's other menu systems, so it's taking awhile. Anyone who wants to modify the menu systems has to learn how to do it from scratch. Hopefully the release of the Creation Kit will ease this process.

Yes, but the UI is all in Flash in Skyrim and bears no resemblance to Bethesda's other menu systems, so it's taking awhile. Anyone who wants to modify the menu systems has to learn how to do it from scratch. Hopefully the release of the Creation Kit will ease this process.

That's really annoying, but it's awesome to hear that people are working on it. Can't wait!

Beta version of patch 1.4 is out for PC.

So what's supposed to happen here? If I'm opted out of beta on Steam I never see that but when the "final full real" version of patch 1.4 clears, it'll go through Steam like any other normal update, right?

Yeah, perty much.

This is probably their RC build to go to QC, so its 99% likely its going to be the same as the eventual non-beta patch.

Coder's probably lobbied to have it released early, since everyone seems to be getting massive performance gains with it. (GJ coders BTW) But as a company, they don't want to be liable if it breaks things before they got their final QC departments blessing.

Yeah, perty much.

This is probably their RC build to go to QC, so its 99% likely its going to be the same as the eventual non-beta patch.

Coder's probably lobbied to have it released early, since everyone seems to be getting massive performance gains with it. (GJ coders BTW) But as a company, they don't want to be liable if it breaks things before they got their final QC departments blessing.

Any word on if Skyboost breaks it or if their improvements are better than skyboost?

But as a company, they don't want to be liable if it breaks things before they got their final QC departments blessing.
Interesting. So the end result of the v1.2 backwards-flying-dragons patch is that Bethsoft is now using the PC audience to do free beta testing for their patches :p.

Interesting. So the end result of the v1.2 backwards-flying-dragons patch is that Bethsoft is now using the PC audience to do free beta testing for their patches :p.

Hay, I'm perfectly comfortable enjoying the fruits of their hard efforts and labor now while we wait the 1-2 weeks it takes for QA approval. :D

there's no harm using the beta because you can always revert back by opting out of the beta at any time

In a game like Skyrim which has so much content and so much can potentially conflict, this is a good way to do it. Give people the patch, call it "beta" and have an easy way to revert incase it screws up. I think this is how it should work for all games on Steam, like back in the day when I used to choose if I wanted to patch my games instead of them doing it themselves and potentially fucking themselves up and/or fucking up my mods.

EDIT: Tested the patch, it seems to be running smoother and the framerate is a bit higher than with Skyboost (low 40s in Whiterun with Skyboost up to high 40s with the new patch). Its definitely an improvement, though it isn't really inspiring me to go back to playing because of a few extra frames, it was smooth before and its still smooth now, there's no higher graphics options to enable anyway so its not like its added to the experience. I suppose it'll be a help to those who were previously struggling to run it at all though. :)

Last edited:
Now they just have to find a way to run the improved menus/sorting without a secondary executable as well.

Now they just have to find a way to run the improved menus/sorting without a secondary executable as well.

They won't. They see efforts like SkyUI from the mod community and there's simply no way they're going to even bother trying to equal let alone surpass efforts like that.

It's really no big deal. You run the game with SKSE and never think about it again.

I wonder when DarN is ever going to show up or has he basically been upstaged by the SkyUI crew?

DarN was working with the SkyUI team in the very beginning then he disappeared.

Kind of annoying that you can be signed on with multiple beta programs at once. When I enabled the Skyrim beta, it seems to have cancelled my Steam client beta.

Damnit i just want something like
titanquest.jpg
for my skyrim :(

I finally got into this game...it's excellent, but buggy as usual. I tried Google and a thread search, but anyone have any good fixes/mods for the "slow motion" bug? (1H when blocking a power attack, time slows down and never picks back up). Really frustrating to just stand there in slow motion for 3-5 minutes waiting for the guy to power attack me again so time unfreezes. The only other option is just running through the whole dungeon easily slaughtering people, which isn't fun either.

I've also got the quest bug in Whiterun when paying the guards to let the prisoner go, it doesn't update...so that quest is dead for now. Just praying that doesn't happen on a large or main quest line.

The Whiterun prisoner thing -- I recall I had some issues with it too, but I think it worked out in the end. Wait for the prisoner to come near you again after you've paid off the guard, and talk to him through the bars and he should acknowledge that he's been set free.

The Whiterun prisoner thing -- I recall I had some issues with it too, but I think it worked out in the end. Wait for the prisoner to come near you again after you've paid off the guard, and talk to him through the bars and he should acknowledge that he's been set free.

I've gone back about a dozen times now, no acknowledgement yet. :( Think I've leveled about 10 times from when I first took the quest to the last time I went to talk to him. At this point I'm almost tempted to kill the guards to see if they cough up the key.

I've also got the quest bug in Whiterun when paying the guards to let the prisoner go, it doesn't update...so that quest is dead for now. Just praying that doesn't happen on a large or main quest line.

You can probably fix that with a console command.

I have a quest bug with not being able to sell either one of the eyes of falmer to delvin to complete litany of larceny quest line for thieves guild. Up to this point I have sold him everything in the specified order on the wiki...

127 hours in and I have not finished my first playthrough....love this game. Still plenty of bugs in this game though

127 hours in and I have not finished my first playthrough....love this game. Still plenty of bugs in this game though

Level 40 and I haven't even talked to the Greybeards yet. Loving this game, though I'm getting tired of killing draugurs. WTB: Other dungeon badguy other than bandit, draugur or spiders.

Level 40 and I haven't even talked to the Greybeards yet. Loving this game, though I'm getting tired of killing draugurs. WTB: Other dungeon badguy other than bandit, draugur or spiders.

You will probably be disappointed once you do the main quest line at level 40.

Currently lvl 51, with only a few broken quests.

Gonna replay soon, and only WORK my way through, no looting humanoids, no stealing, no cave raids, go hunting, buy a house, pick flowers, craft a ring, get married... :)

I see that now...I didn't want to try Master, thinking it would just be grinding through dungeons, but I don't even notice a difference going from Adept > Master. wth? :confused:

Well, I'm pretty sure all it changes is the amount of hitpoints everything has. It would be nice if increasing difficulty made the enemy's tactics better.

At Master difficulty, some stuff gets pretty silly, though. You'll run into Bandit Chieftains that have 1000 hitpoints or better. It's no harder to kill them, though. Just takes a few more swings/arrows/etc.

Back