Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

What's your source for this? I haven't seen any evidence of Destruction leveling based on anything other than damage done to your target.

Couldn't find it in my screenshots, but it's bound to pop up again on one of the loading screens.

It's kind of like this though: if you're a basketball player and you're playing basketball against a baseball player then how do you expect to get any better at basketball? You won't, you gotta play against other basketball players.

During the course of gameplay and with no predictable pattern, I can have my performance suddenly drop from great frame rates to quite a bit less. Would that behavior be consistent with a memory leak?

Look at the MSI Afterburner graph and make sure your GPU clocks are where they should be when the drop occurs.

Also, the same exact thing has been happening to me ever since patch 1.2.

It ran 100% fine before. No time to troubleshoot or debug, must play!

Dang, you need to level some shit up so you can use those babies! :D
ACTUALLY he needs to pick a new "skill" that he isn't using yet.
The way level-ups coordinate with skill-ups mean there's a MINIMUM number of skill trees you can successfully manage without running out of perks.

I guess it depends on the trees but it's probably something like 3 or 4, minimum.
If you have 20 perks to spend it means you're only filling out 1 or 2 trees in which case you're hurting your character...

edit: In his case he's level 20 with 19 perks which means he hasn't spent any perks. :p
I assume he's undecided about what he wants to do.

ACTUALLY he needs to pick a new "skill" that he isn't using yet.
The way level-ups coordinate with skill-ups mean there's a MINIMUM number of skill trees you can successfully manage without running out of perks.

I guess it depends on the trees but it's probably something like 3 or 4, minimum.
If you have 20 perks to spend it means you're only filling out 1 or 2 trees in which case you're hurting your character...

edit: In his case he's level 20 with 19 perks which means he hasn't spent any perks. :p
I assume he's undecided about what he wants to do.

I don't really understand what you're talking about with "minimum skill trees" and stuff. No offense, I just actually don't know what you mean. :eek: Elaborate maybe?

You guess it - some screenshots :D

EDIT: Also, I had a question - does anyone know if there's a way to spawn NPCs at a location OTHER than right where I'm at? the player.placeatme code works well, but if I spawn enemies using that, they spawn right next to me. What if I wanted to spawn them somewhere else? Is there a way to do that?

1L.jpg

2L.jpg

3L.jpg

4L.jpg

5L.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm on to something about this performance slow down thing I've seen:

It only happens outside and it SEEMS to show up a lot quicker the more I fast travel which would still suggest some kind of game and memory related issue.

The more I think about it: When I travel on foot and avoid fast traveling I can go on for a pretty long time before I see any performance loss if any at all.

If any of you feel like it, see if there's something going to my theory or not. ;)

Makes sense...probably has something to do with having to load a lot more into memory at once rather than gradually.

I think I'm on to something about this performance slow down thing I've seen:

It only happens outside and it SEEMS to show up a lot quicker the more I fast travel which would still suggest some kind of game and memory related issue.

The more I think about it: When I travel on foot and avoid fast traveling I can go on for a pretty long time before I see any performance loss if any at all.

If any of you feel like it, see if there's something going to my theory or not. ;)

I've also noticed times and places where I was getting bad performance. I thought it had to do with some mods I installed, but then all of a sudden the performance got better again, even in the same areas. I wonder if there might be some AI routine (or something) running that causes slowdowns at certain times or places.

I don´t want to scare anyone but steam updated my game. I had a crash some hours in and now all my savegames is corrupt and "wrong version". Version 0 the game is version nr 8?

38 hours down the drain it appears.

I don't see a screenshots thread...

100 hours in, and Bethesda hit a home run. It's not a perfect game but it's superior to Oblivion, and in some ways, Morrowind.

Makes sense...probably has something to do with having to load a lot more into memory at once rather than gradually.

That's pretty much my theory.

I've also noticed times and places where I was getting bad performance. I thought it had to do with some mods I installed, but then all of a sudden the performance got better again, even in the same areas. I wonder if there might be some AI routine (or something) running that causes slowdowns at certain times or places.

Interesting. I wonder how much time went by when you watched the performance dip and then come back?

Interesting. I wonder how much time went by when you watched the performance dip and then come back?

I actually left the area and came back, so I didn't see if it came back by itself. That's why I thought maybe traveling out of the area and then back in reset or triggered something.

It does seem to have something to do with not handling modded textures as well as vanilla. My first playthrough was with minimal texture mods. Pretty close to a flawless playthrough. 2nd playthrough (and I haven't patched yet) I'll get more CTD's and more some rare strong FPS drops and I have a little bit more on the textures this time. Still my 2nd isn't bad, just some occasional hiccups.

question:
I see pics of people wearing a hood over a mask, so you can do that? was not sure how many items you could wear.

The answer to your question lies in anther question: do you see anybody wearing a mask with no hood?

question:
I see pics of people wearing a hood over a mask, so you can do that? was not sure how many items you could wear.

The masks come with a hood.

Ohhhhh - but one thing I forgot to mention is that I'm able to wear both the Morokei mask and the Falmer helmet at the same time. It's clearly a glitch because when I equip them both, the Falmer helmet shows but there's nothing underneath...seriously my characters whole face disappears from his neck up with only the Falmer helmet visible. But both items are indeed active at the time. I've tried equipping other stuff at the same time with no luck. It only seems to work with the Falmer helmet and Morokei.

I'm super confused as to whom I should side with in the great war

Ulfric seems like an alright guy, but he's a racist and I'm currently playing a Dunmer; seeing the way he treats the Dunmer in his own city, for RP reasons, I don't want to see that across skyim.

Meanwhile, the empire simply seems like a bunch of prude asshats. I mean, if joining the empire means I can arrest people by yelling "Stop right there, criminal SCUM!" I'd join in a heartbeat, but I don't really want to be associated with them...

I was confused as to who I'd side with for a long time until the greybeards hosted the peace talks and Ulfric just acted like a complete assclown. Plus he's racist and treats those he dislikes like they are some type of lesser beings.

FOR THE EMPIRE!!!! OFF WITH ULFRIC'S HEAD!!! :p

Choosing a side in the civil war has minimal impact on the game itself, and the missions are also quite similar on each side. It honestly DOES NOT matter which side you pick, it's more of a role-playing thing.

That being said, you should only join the Stormcloaks if you're a Nord (and racist).
All other races should choose the Empire, also including non-racist Nords. ;)

Choosing a side in the civil war has minimal impact on the game itself, and the missions are also quite similar on each side. It honestly DOES NOT matter which side you pick, it's more of a role-playing thing.

That being said, you should only join the Stormcloaks if you're a Nord (and racist).

Bethesda really wasted an opportunity to add "Stop" "Criminal" "Scum" as a type of shout...

I guess I'll join the empiaaaah.

I just killed an empire fort. does the choice go away? :D

I'm super confused as to whom I should side with in the great war

Ulfric seems like an alright guy, but he's a racist and I'm currently playing a Dunmer; seeing the way he treats the Dunmer in his own city, for RP reasons, I don't want to see that across skyim.

Meanwhile, the empire simply seems like a bunch of prude asshats. I mean, if joining the empire means I can arrest people by yelling "Stop right there, criminal SCUM!" I'd join in a heartbeat, but I don't really want to be associated with them...

I'm not sure either, but as much as Ulfric seems like a tool I think I'll side with him because I ended up accidentally reading about what happened in the time since Oblivion, and it sounds an awful lot like the Aldmeri Dominion characters are even bigger racist dickheads, and the Empire is just a sub-domain of theirs.

YES. CORRECT. AFFIRMATIVE. INDEED. 1.

Where can I download this mod!?

Use this if you want "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!"
http://www.mediafire.com/?i2mi5vyuzsc29q6

Use this if you want "STOP, YOU VIOLATED THE LAW!"
http://www.mediafire.com/?kjxtk5xnrf8n0a3

Last edited:
I'm really starting to regret my choice to join the Stormcloaks. Buncha d-bags. Has anyone found a way to defect to the other side?

I actually joined the Stormcloaks because they are racist. Its not politically correct at all, but I'm actually finding that interesting, what game has race relations? They are barbarians to the core. Usually you are stuck to be the most politically correct position because devs are afraid to offend. And here, we have a game that has an entire quest line with a bunch of of the bastards.

I actually find the dialog funny. "Are you here to help us Stormcloaks make Skyrim for the Nord?" "Why yes, even though you guys don't like me, I'm here to help."

Nice, I'm a Nord and a racist. Looks like I chose the right side.

I actually joined the Stormcloaks because they are racist. Its not politically correct at all, but I'm actually finding that interesting, what game has race relations?

The Witcher games does it better.

The answer to your question lies in anther question: do you see anybody wearing a mask with no hood?

That's like asking why would anyone make a peanut butter or a jelly sandwich, when you have both! The answer is why would you make just a peanut butter or a jelly, you would make a peanutbuterrjelly sandwich! ;) For image purposes, i would be cool to have a cape and cowl :cool: but i can see how that would make some things look odd, especially thinks that you wear on your back.

I am also finding that enchanting earlier in the game is almost useless since store bought (or found) items are actually much better. And it is annoying that you have to check which enchantments you have and which you do not and you can not just look it up.

I haven't really cared for either side that much and I'm not going to make that decision until I absolutely have to although as a Khajit and from my previous experiences in Morrowind and Oblivion I'd probably be inclined, very softly, to lean Imperial.

My character's eyes glow in the dark now, and I'm not sure that I did anything special to deserve it.

It started in a dungeon...

...containing a coffin that contained one of the mask wearing baddies. The tomb had to be opened using two skulls with glowing eyes.

I put one skull key in and paused to take some screenshots. My eyes started glowing the same color as the skull key.

Back