Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

Pretty useless, they have a 3-5 second ramp-up time which can be interrupted by enemies.
I think just using the Expert level spells is easier and probably does more damage since they cast instantly.

Firebolt is replaced by Fireball and Incinerate, both of which do way more damage (Fireball does AoE).

The kamehamehah wave is pretty awesome.

It's also a move from the anime cartoon series Dragon Ball [Z] and has a very similiar likeness to one of the master level 100 spells.

Kamehameha (threw in an extra 'h' earlier) is also a person and has a statue in Hawaii.

@Utopia - Awesome... :eek:

^ More random facts!

Regardless, I'm glad this Skyrim patch is removing random arrows from my being.

ive never had one stuck in my face, but imo i find arrows dissapear too fast in general i want to see arrows stick around for along time you seem to only get to shoot like 2 before they start to vanish id rather see them stick around until someone actually picks them up.

if you get one stuck in your face there should be a simple clear arrow key and that would clean you up nicely :)

I started the Shalidor's Insights quest- Find Shalidor's writings...but when I went to the location on the map (Snow Veil Sanctum) there was no way inside...looking on Google apparently you need to start another quest before being able to gain access to that spot...looks like some quest locations are randomly generated incorrectly

I'm lvl 41. Built myself a Legendary set of light Dragon armor a long time ago, but I haven't been using it as the enchantments from the Shrouded Armor were much more useful. I finally started leveling enchantment and I'm right around 89 for that skill level. Trying hard to get to 100 so I can enchant the Dragon armor.

I hate that there are so many items you can't disenchant. I've got a few special armors that have effects I want but it doesn't allow me to destroy them.

can I join both the Stormcloaks and the Imperials at the same time?...I did the quest to join the Stormcloaks but havn't taken the oath yet...how will it effect my standing with Imperial soldiers if I do?...will they always see me as an enemy on sight?

can I join both the Stormcloaks and the Imperials at the same time?...I did the quest to join the Stormcloaks but havn't taken the oath yet...how will it effect my standing with Imperial soldiers if I do?...will they always see me as an enemy on sight?

No, you can't join both. Joining one fails the joining quest for the other.

I finally got the 100 Illusion spell.

I am disappoint.

Then again, considering I only really leveled Illusion to 100 because it was easy, I guess I can't complain.

I haven't made my own decision on that. I frankly don't like either side that much although I dislike the Imperials just a little bit more.

can you go through the entire game without choosing a side?...or does there come a time when you're forced to choose 1 side over the other?

Last edited:
can you go through the entre game without choosing a side?...or does there come a time when you're forced to choose 1 side over the other?

Yes and no. You can play though without joining ether side and or overtly helping one side or the other.

There is a point in the main quest line where you end up making them "trade" control of a few city's. At least when I played though that part it seemed difficult to be completely fair to both sides.

can you go through the entire game without choosing a side?...or does there come a time when you're forced to choose 1 side over the other?

I've been avoiding that part of the game as much as possible. I really want to go down the Stormcloaks path, being that I am playing a Nord and that the Imperials have their head up the Thalmor’s asses. However the Stormcloak’s are a bunch of bigoted assholes so it's a tough choice.

Last edited:
I finally completed Imperials vs Stormcloaks last night, it was the last quest chain for me to complete in Skyrim.
Extremely disappointing. It's like 10 missions of "go capture this fort".

I also feel like it didn't impact the game very much, I mean instead of red soldiers in a certain town, it's now blue soldiers. Meh.

I've been avoiding that part of the game as much as possible. I really want to go down the Stormcloaks, being that I am playing a Nord and that the Imperials have their head up the Thalmor’s asses. However the Stormcloak’s are a bunch of bigoted assholes so it's a tough choice.

I am having that exact problem. I have been debating what side to back...

I figure if I side with the Imperials BUT kill all the Thalmor Justicars, it will balance itself out.

I figure if I side with the Imperials BUT kill all the Thalmor Justicars, it will balance itself out.

I like where your going. If I rid the land of all the racists and the Justicars, I can chose any side I want without becoming like one of them. I like the idea of a free and non racist Skyrim. It might need a little repopulating but worth it.

I like where your going. If I rid the land of all the racists and the Justicars, I can chose any side I want without becoming like one of them. I like the idea of a free and non racist Skyrim. It might need a little repopulating but worth it.

You don't seem to collect a bounty for killing Justicars, even though they aren't initially hostile. I freed a prisoner they were transporting last night, but the guy took off so fast I couldn't talk to him afterwards.

You don't seem to collect a bounty for killing Justicars, even though they aren't initially hostile. I freed a prisoner they were transporting last night, but the guy took off so fast I couldn't talk to him afterwards.

I don't need a bounty, my reward would be protecting peoples rights. (well virtual people's virtual rights) I really might take the time to try and purge Skyrim of religious prosecution and racism. I don't know how well that would go considering the number of people I would have to kill, but it should be entertaining. Might just test this in a smaller town first.

I'm playing as a Dark Elf so the choice of Stormcloak vs Imperial should be an easy one for me...but it's not mainly because the Imperials tried to execute me in the very beginning of the game due to a soldier not having the right paperwork

I think the game subconsciously leads you towards choosing the Stormcloaks so I'm going to go against the grain and choose the Imperials

I hadnt even done anything to anyone and i had a bounty from the faedron gaurd had to kill the 3 hunters i was like wtf i havent even doen anything yet lol

I think the game subconsciously leads you towards choosing the Stormcloaks so I'm going to go against the grain and choose the Imperials

I thought so, until my second playthrough. The opening sequence has an alternate Imperial soldier "buddy" to rush you out of the beginning town. You end up fighting stormcloaks on the way out, and visit his house instead if you stay with him.

I didn't notice, but there is a choice on follower buddy on the way out of the beginning town.

I thought so, until my second playthrough. The opening sequence has an alternate Imperial soldier "buddy" to rush you out of the beginning town. You end up fighting stormcloaks on the way out, and visit his house instead if you stay with him.

I didn't notice, but there is a choice on follower buddy on the way out of the beginning town.

I was mostly referring to the very beginning of the game when you are being led to your execution by the Imperial soldiers...seems like the game is slanted towards making you hate the Imperials from the get-go

I was mostly referring to the very beginning of the game when you are being led to your execution by the Imperial soldiers...seems like the game is slanted towards making you hate the Imperials from the get-go

If it's any condolence, at least that Imperial soldier apologized to you ^_^

So apparently the 1.2 patch breaks a lot of stuff (on all platforms). Recommended not to update.

Back