Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

So all that effects just the improving of weapons? Not the actual creation of the base item that is created?

Yes, it only matters when improving weapons and armor. I wasted a few potions before I noticed that.

This would be an epic change as well. Not sure how they didn't notice this issue (among many others) before shipping. :rolleyes:

Instead of using damage or playstyle likeness to determine my rogue's spec, i tried dual wielding and made up my mind to completely avoid it because of how impossible it was to get a dagger in both hands. Shockingly retarded.

Likely because that issue at least only affects some people. I personally never had the UI act in that manner, I have had it keep one option highlighted while being able to select another, usually in the inventory or crafting screens.

That being said I am about 70 hours in according to my last save and have done maybe 4 of the main quests.

The biggest issue I have is broken quests due to picking up an item in some random dungeon and the quest gives never giving the option to start or finish the quest. Oddly so far it has only happened with what I assume are fetch quests. I have had "Dravins Bow" in my inventory since like lvl 15, it weights 8 and I cannot drop it. I also have a couple of books and a gem that can not be dropped due to being "quest items".

I've done the complete DB, Thieves Guild (Guild Master) and Companions quests. I am pretty rich mostly do to repeating thieves guild and DB radiant quests. Even after buying the estate in Solitude with the add ons and rebuilding the Sanctuary I still have 40-50k Septims.

One word of advise, empty your inventory from time to time, at least if you are a compulsive component and potion harvester, I had about 75 lbs of ingredients and potions on me at one point.

I know your problem... I too have had 75+ pounds of ingredients on me at one time or another. I have to tell myself not to pick flowers and catch butterfly's. I some how end up with at least 30 pounds of junk that I can never remember where or when I picked it up.

Anyone care to provide some tips on leveling up Heavy Armor? Do I just need to find some lowly mob to wack me for a while? Is there another way?

I want that set bonus perk!

Hmmm...just noticed something strange. The sun was setting so the shadows were long and while I was running in the third person mode, I noticed my shadow didn't have a head. It only seems to happen with an Ebony Helmet equipped. With all other helmets or no helmet at all, my character's shadow had a head. I just wanted to see if it was happening with anyone else.

Anyone care to provide some tips on leveling up Heavy Armor? Do I just need to find some lowly mob to wack me for a while? Is there another way?

I found a mudcrab, it was a long battle. In game time it lasted all day and into the night, some time in the early morning I had finally stared that mudcrab to death. I more than doubled my heavy armor and block skills.

I found a mudcrab, it was a long battle. In game time it lasted all day and into the night, some time in the early morning I had finally stared that mudcrab to death. I more than doubled my heavy armor and block skills.
If you want to do it faster and are able to stay at your computer, get some potions, and have a giant wail away at you. Much faster than training it using minor monsters that do little damage. But obviously you can't leave your game unattended if you do it this way.

Get into a bar fight and just keep healing yourself. That way you can't die if something goes wrong and you lose all that hard work of getting your face beat.:D

I shot this dragon out of the sky. His corpse slid through the dirt, then parked on top of his grave.
http://i.imgur.com/7hqE8.jpg
The crash-landing animation looks really stupid sometimes, especially if the dragon is way up in the air when you bring them to 50% life. They go from flying around menacingly to all of a sudden folding wings and doing a comical belly crash-landing with the massive path of destruction like in that picture :rolleyes:.

If you want to do it faster and are able to stay at your computer, get some potions, and have a giant wail away at you. Much faster than training it using minor monsters that do little damage. But obviously you can't leave your game unattended if you do it this way.

That would work now. When I did this my armor level was really low and I would be willing to bet I would have been launched in one hit. Sad part is I couldn't AFK the mudcrab. I had to heal every so often. I went from heavy armor level 25 ish to 70.

One word of advise, empty your inventory from time to time, at least if you are a compulsive component and potion harvester, I had about 75 lbs of ingredients and potions on me at one point.
Wise words.. I found mushroom picking to be especially hazardous.. those weigh .3 so its easy to get overloaded very fast.

I also found a *bug* where selecting different combination of ingredients gave me different results for the same exact potion. I was making some health potions (i'll look at it again tonight) I had 4 ingredients and if i picked one of them (a mushroom i think) then it would give me almost half the healing power of picking the other ingredients.

question, I find myself leveling my stamina more than my health at about a 60/40 split.
two handed weapon wielder. What about the others?

That would work now. When I did this my armor level was really low and I would be willing to bet I would have been launched in one hit. Sad part is I couldn't AFK the mudcrab. I had to heal every so often. I went from heavy armor level 25 ish to 70.

CRAB BATTLE? :D

Thanks guys. I'll try the giant thing too, but I don't want to have to spend a ton of potions to do it. Also, I'm not even sure if I can take more than one hit from a giant yet.

you can also wear only one ring right?
One of the best oblivion mods was to allow you to wear multiple rings, up to 10 i think. Two rings is acceptable though. One always seemed odd to me.

This annoys me as well. Should be able to wear at LEAST two.

Thanks guys. I'll try the giant thing too, but I don't want to have to spend a ton of potions to do it. Also, I'm not even sure if I can take more than one hit from a giant yet.
Well you can also use healing spells too, or if you want to be cheap about it, you can run across a river (they won't follow you into the water), wait for one hour to heal, and go back at it.

Your basic healing spell should be more than effective for a mudcrab battle. And if it is not at first it will be as you level up and increase your heavy armor level. Just be ready for a long uneventful battle. The best part of my battle was the couple of times the mudcrab stopped attacking for a moment and stared at me, even he was board.

Isnt it weird to anyone else that people are so interested in finding 'exploits' to quickly level skills? Why not just open the console and add whatever you want? No offense but I just dont understand that mindset...especially if you exploit then complain the game is too easy :LOL:

Isnt it weird to anyone else that people are so interested in finding 'exploits' to quickly level skills? Why not just open the console and add whatever you want? No offense but I just dont understand that mindset...especially if you exploit then complain the game is too easy :LOL:

It's all about the first play through for me. Any game I play, during the first play through I will play it legit.

Now the second playthrough, you bet your ass I'm gonna pop open that console to rid myself of the tedious and time consuming tasks that I have already done.

Question: Does it matter what creature you use/how much damage you take when trying to level up Heavy Armor or Block? Or is it like a per-hit thing?

You can call me strange, but I don't feel like I have cheated if I'm taking advantage of a glitch or flaw in the game. When I use the console it feels too easy and I tend to lose interest faster. I understand the results are the same and the only one I am fooling is myself but I seem to do better this way. I assure you after I have completed my first run though I will give into the console and mods. But for now I want there to be some effort put in to get a reward, even if it is exploiting the game.

And I am yet to complain that the game is too easy. I made that issue and I will keep my complaints about it to myself.

You can call me strange, but I don't feel like I have cheated if I'm taking advantage of a glitch or flaw in the game. When I use the console it feels too easy and I tend to lose interest faster. I understand the results are the same and the only one I am fooling is myself but I seem to do better this way. I assure you after I have completed my first run though I will give into the console and mods. But for now I want there to be some effort put in to get a reward, even if it is exploiting the game.

And I am yet to complain that the game is too easy. I made that issue and I will keep my complaints about it to myself.

You may be the most reasonable person in the entire world.

You may be the most reasonable person in the entire world.

All I do is try and accept when its my problem. No point blaming the game for my actions, if I wanted a challenge I should of never mastered alchemy, smiting, and enchanting. I did refrain from enchanting my weapons and armor though. I only use an enchanted ring and necklace. Any more and I would of felt that I had gone too far.

^^ I'm really hoping that mods will end up fine-tuning the difficulty so that one must use everything at their disposal in order to emerge victorious.

I'd wager at least 2/3 of the people you are talking about spent/spend a lot of time in WoW or most other MMO's.

I prefer playing the game to exploiting the system, but the blame can be placed firmly on Bethesda for creating such an unbalanced and exploitable system.

I'd wager at least 2/3 of the people you are talking about spent/spend a lot of time in WoW or most other MMO's.

I prefer playing the game to exploiting the system, but the blame can be placed firmly on Bethesda for creating such an unbalanced and exploitable system.

thats been apart of the game since for ever.

you can easily find ways to exploit in each ES game.

in morrowind you could go find a pond with a 70% chameleon ring just sitting there for you to take and then go around and steal everything right infront of of people lol.

and lvling hasnt really changed since then either you get him your armor skill goes up its kinda hard to keep a system like that from being exploitable but its your game your supposed to play it how you want too, if you want to exploit and make your life easier thats a choice you make. if you want to grind it out normal then you can.

ES games are setup so you can take the easy path or the hard path the game is what you make of it.

im playing with the compass off and on master difficulty. so far so good. bosses are a pita but i can deal with them its part of the fun for me.

Yes. you'll always have an exploitable system when you have a use based leveling structure. There are plenty of ways to minimize the impact, though. Smithing 200 iron daggers shouldn't continually increase your skill. What can you learn after the 20th iron dagger? The same can be said about enchanting.

The example of the Chameleon ring in Morrowind isn't close to being analogous, one is an intentionally placed item, the other is a poorly thought out leveling scheme.

IMO, a use based leveling system needs to be balanced by a strong relation to stats and character classes, like in Wizardry 8. Sure, that system is also exploitable, but every skill, spell, ability is tied directly to the class you build and the stats you've accumulated. The perks system is far better than what we got in Oblivion, but you should be somewhat limited in choices based on what race/class/ability path you choose. I just don't buy that an orc has equal footing as a mage as a high elf would right out of the gate.

Take for instance Arcanum, if your character is especially stupid to begin with, you won't get ANY dialogue options a character with high intelligence would. The game will play out entirely depending on how you choose to build and create your character. You aren't likely to be a sweet talking, charming half ogre. You're playing a role. In Skyrim, it's more sandbox adventure than RPG.

Take for instance Arcanum, if your character is especially stupid to begin with, you won't get ANY dialogue options a character with high intelligence would. The game will play out entirely depending on how you choose to build and create your character. You aren't likely to be a sweet talking, charming half ogre. You're playing a role. In Skyrim, it's more sandbox adventure than RPG.

One of my favorite RPGs of all time!

One of my favorite RPGs of all time!
I never thought that game got the attention or reception it deserved. Gamespot gave it a really mediocre score (7-ish). I am happy to see that the old Terra Arcanum mod site is still around though after all these years.

One of many RPGs following the long tradition of having dog NPC party members (not a talking one though sadly).

Last edited:
I never thought that game got the attention or reception it deserved. Gamespot gave it a really mediocre score (7-ish). I am happy to see that the old Terra Arcanum mod site is still around though after all these years.

One of many RPGs following the long tradition of having dog NPC party members (not a talking one though sadly).

and at the whore house, you could choose human, dark elf, orc or sheep... I always chose the sheep for science of course!

Is Skyrim Teaching Children How to Perform Erotic Sex Maneuvers ?

If you are a responsible parent, then the world of MMORPG first person shooters should be something of a foreign language to you. In games like Skyrim, players are teleported to far away lands that are cream filled with demonic spell crafting, violent shirtless blood shed and exposed not only Satanic critters, but bombarded with gay under tones of fecal fornication.

goybawf7m9.jpg

http://christwire.org/2011/11/is-sk...rim-jobs-and-other-homo-erotic-sex-maneuvers/

A good enchanter only needs one ring.
Two rings is definitely overpowered. "Unlimited" rings and you can turn your character into a god.

Infinite mana in all schools of magic, 999 (maximum) damage on all weapon types.
If you think you need more than 1 ring then you clearly haven't reached your character's full potential.

A good enchanter only needs one ring.
Two rings is definitely overpowered. "Unlimited" rings and you can turn your character into a god.

Infinite mana in all schools of magic, 999 (maximum) damage on all weapon types.
If you think you need more than 1 ring then you clearly haven't reached your character's full potential.

It's not that we want 2+ rings to exploit shit, it's that only being able to wear one doesn't make any sense.

yeah, multiple rings would be okay if each additional ring brings a certain penalty.

Back