Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

I got kind of freaked out when I looted the corpse to see this:

tes5witchhead.jpg

Any who: does anyone know where I could find a fire-damage enchanted weapon so I can create my ultimate frost-troll-killer bow? It seems to be one of the most rare enchantments...

Really? I see fire damage stuff all the time. I think one of the very first items I disenchanted was fire damage.

I would also check merchants if nothing else. Usually just doing quests and raiding dungeons will get you one. I'm a little shocked that you're at the level of going up against frost trolls but still haven't seen a fire enchanted weapon.

Yeah, but you can adjust the slider for the amount of the damage/charges before you assign a Soul Gem. I can set it to do say 8 damage, 94 times, then choose the Soul Gem. So if I set it at 8 Damage, 94 charges, then whats the difference in the end result using a Petty Soul Gem and Grand Soul Gem? I guess I don't understand how you choose the amount on the slider, then attach a Soul Gem which also has charges.

From how I understand it, the soul value dictates either the strength of the enchantment (if it's a percentage type boost) or the amount of initial charge if it's a damage value enchant.

For example, in your case you can choose the number of charges versus the strength of the enchant for damage-based things, and the max damage level is based on your enchant skill. The soul value you use only dictates the initial charge (and also initial money value) of the enchanted item.

However, if it's something permanent percentage-based, like magicka regen or skill boosts, the soul value dictates the strength of the enchant only (since there are no "charges" on those types), and your enchanting skill helps boost that value as well.

I hope that's clear and accurate.

Okay, being a werewolf officially sucks eggs. Aela the Hunter just follows me around letting people kick my ass. How long do I have to wait until I turn back into a human?

Okay, being a werewolf officially sucks eggs. Aela the Hunter just follows me around letting people kick my ass. How long do I have to wait until I turn back into a human?
Werewolfing is more of a gimmick than a real mechanic.
Sometimes it's fun to fire it up and just ravage the countryside, killing and eating everything in sight.

Anyway, if you don't "Feed" you will turn into a human again after about 5 minutes. You can also just use Wait for 1 or 2 hours and you'll turn back.

Okay, that did work. Thank you. I was getting slapped all over the place, especially since Aela was just spectating. I almost wanted to go to the menu to look for a "boot spectator" option...

I'm playing as a dual wield redguard with heavy armor. I have two perks to spend and want to go further into one hand skills. I can choose a bonus damage skill for mace axe or sword, or I can choose the decapitator move (savage strike, I think) or the charge skill. Any thoughts?

Okay, that did work. Thank you. I was getting slapped all over the place, especially since Aela was just spectating. I almost wanted to go to the menu to look for a "boot spectator" option...

I'm playing as a dual wield redguard with heavy armor. I have two perks to spend and want to go further into one hand skills. I can choose a bonus damage skill for mace axe or sword, or I can choose the decapitator move (savage strike, I think) or the charge skill. Any thoughts?

I have points in decapitate mace and axe, they all have benefits. The axe and mace skills are a little dependent on who your fighting for which is more effective, and the decapitation is just handy. I like to use a mace in one hand and an axe in the other when dual wielding. I feel it gives me a better overall functionality. Granted a matched pair of maces would be better for armored foes and a matched pair of axes would be better to less armored ones. I have had a few one swing decapitation kills on foes that would otherwise take 5+ hits to kill. But that sort of instant kill is rare and wouldn't be a consistent improvement. Definitely worth it just not as consistent as one of the others. Really from my experience theirs no wrong answer, just pick the perk for what you prefer to use and enjoy.

I'm getting slapped around now at level 19 trying to finish up some quests I'd been putting off. I think I'm on adept, maybe expert. I have steel plate but no helmet, dual wielding a dwarven mace and axe. Should I buy an amulet in Solitude that gives me 40 extra health? It's over 1800 septims, though.

I'm getting slapped around now at level 19 trying to finish up some quests I'd been putting off. I think I'm on adept, maybe expert. I have steel plate but no helmet, dual wielding a dwarven mace and axe. Should I buy an amulet in Solitude that gives me 40 extra health? It's over 1800 septims, though.

I would start with a helmet, may not be a ton of armor but it all helps. The amulet will help, dunno if it is worth it though. Might also try a shield and using only one weapon, the ability to block may prove more useful than the second weapon in some cases.

And have you upgraded the condition of your weapons/armor? That will help a ton.

Yeah, I'm going nuts with smithing here all of a sudden. What's the allure of Dwarven armor? Sure, it looks cool. But steel plate is more protection and seems to weigh less. Any ideas? Also, I have yet to start enchanting but I really should. The trouble is that I sold my enchanted weapons because they were all two handed or something else I wouldn't use. So now I have nothing to reverse engineer. Any tips? Thank you.

Yeah, I'm going nuts with smithing here all of a sudden. What's the allure of Dwarven armor? Sure, it looks cool. But steel plate is more protection and seems to weigh less. Any ideas? Also, I have yet to start enchanting but I really should. The trouble is that I sold my enchanted weapons because they were all two handed or something else I wouldn't use. So now I have nothing to reverse engineer. Any tips? Thank you.

I dunno, but Dwarven metal is REALLY easy to acquire since you can melt down random plate metal stuff to make ingots.

I'm at level 35 now, around where you are, I think I was spending a LOT on health potions, buying every health potion I could find, etc. And yea I would definitely get the amulet with 40+ hp, at level 35 that's the best I see still. And also try to aquire the steel plate helm, boots, and guantlets, and maybe a health or +damage ring.

God I'm half tempted to just use the console for these annoying Riften quests. It's almost like the devs are intentionally trolling us, using fetch quests that everyone despises for every NPC in the town.

Why does Steel Plate have to be in the light armor branch of smithing... I feel like I wasted a perks just use that (since it fits more visually more than Daedric or Ebony) and still be able to hit the damage reduction cap. :p

Nope, Steel plate is heavy armor, and it looks awesome.

But for some reason, it's on the left branch of the smithing tree, in the second one up "advanced armor", you have to take Elven (light) armor to get to it, and after that, is light armor as well.

Whereas on teh right side of the smithing tree, it's all heavy armor.

So you have to waste some points into getting to it, and then go back up the right side to get to the higher-end heavy armor like Daedra, etc.

It isn't high end armor anything, but it just suites the look of my character better, since I'm RPing a honorable good Nord warrior knight. Walking around looking like a demon wearing Daedric just doesn't fit. So I'm currently equipped with Steel Plate armor and using Skyforge Steel weapons.

This is actually the one thing about TES games I've always didn't like, in that both high end armors (Daedric, Ebony) all seem to fit a more evil character better.

The hard armor cap is something like 567 (80% Damage reduction).
As long as you reach that, you may not need the high level armor.

Yeah Skyrim is pretty forgiving of making RPing concessions once you get your +29% smithing gear from powerleveling alchemy/smithing/enchanting.

I kind of wish there was a Bonemold smithing perk though, since I play a Dunmer. The story book "Bone" from Morrowind mentioned that bones were the main material, which is readily available (mammoth tusks maybe). I guess it'd be redundant with Dragon smithing, but I still want the style.

Are there any epic bookshelf mods yet? I have about 700 books (many copies, of course) and the my fully decked out house in Solitude only come with 3 tiny bookshelves. I want to own a bookshelf of epic porportions.

Anyone know where I can find/buy/steal a weapon to break down and learn an enchantment from for my skyforge waraxe or dwarven mace?

how come sometimes it says I've been poisoned (by a spider etc) but when looking in my Active Effects nothing shows up?

Are there any epic bookshelf mods yet? I have about 700 books (many copies, of course) and the my fully decked out house in Solitude only come with 3 tiny bookshelves. I want to own a bookshelf of epic porportions.
Are you related to this guy by any chance?

0e47f13726ce3b1371dfdcd517c0ac36.jpg

Solitude house has 10 bookshelves, if I recall correctly.
11 books per shelf, two shelves each... 22 books per case. Meh.

, bookshelves has the option to "use" them and it places and arranges books in your inventory for you. I won't be manually placing hundreds of books in bookshelves
Yes I know, which is why I linked the summary.
I assume "bookshelf" is the usable kind.

is it possible to become infected with both werewolf and vampire blood at the same time?

is it possible to become infected with both werewolf and vampire blood at the same time?

Considering vampirism is a disease and werewolves are immune, I'm guessing not. Maybe if you became a vampire first...?

For fucks sake AMD...

Still getting negative crossfire scaling with 11.11b drivers.

45 FPS - 11.11b (Both GPUs about 70% load)

60 FPS - 11.11b (GPU 1 99% load, Crossfire Disabled via RadeonPro)

This is loading a save that is outdoors, has long draw distances, a lake, lots of trees and rocks. Time of day is consistent since the save loads at same time of day every time you load it.

EDIT: This is with an overwrite install, no idea if a "clean" install would make a difference

Back