Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

I wanted the version with the dragon statue but it sold out so fast that I couldn't get it unless I bought it for PS3 and I dont even own a PS3 :p
Yes, a normal CE without a friggin' statue that blows up the price to a laughable degree.

I'd love to see that here in the States.
That price isn't "blown up", that's the standard price for a new game in Australia. $89 is the bog standard new game for PC price, so you're not really paying extra for the content, you're just paying extra for the previledge of living in a country with no price competitiveness.
At least physical retail.

But he linked to a set that includes the map and the strategy guide...although the way the math works out it's more or less left hand vs right hand for the most part.

I guess my point really just is: I wish they'd had put out a CE a tier below the thing with the statue. Give me an artbook and a soundtrack plus the game with whatever launch day bonuses at fairly compelling price point and I'll bite every time.

I dont know about the US, but there's several retailer exclusive packs in Australia. I could have sworn I saw one with an artbook, but I can't find it now. And just FYI, I FUCKING HATE retailer exclusive packs, GOD DAMN IT PUBLISHERS, if I want a collectors edition I want EVERYTHING in the collectors edition not this retailer exclusive bullshit. I'm looking at you, Skyrim, and I'm looking at you too, Space Marine.

I wonder how many of us here that are putting loads of time into BF3 right now will take a break for a week or two to play through and finish Skyrim before going back.

I wonder how many of us here that are putting loads of time into BF3 right now will take a break for a week or two to play through and finish Skyrim before going back.

*Raises hand*

I'm trying to get as much time with BF3 while I can, because I know once Skyrim comes out, it will be the only game I touch for a long time.

I'm starting to take a break from it now and bring some BC2 back into the mix to raise my shattered morale but no question Skyrim is easily going to dominate most of my gaming time when it arrives.

Batman Arkam City will also add something that I need in the mix.

Anyone ever purchased from cdkeys.

I have, yeah, and generally they are fine. However, I've never preordered from a sight like that, and I don't know how promptly you will get your key. Considering you can get it from D2D for $45, I think that is the smarter route to take.

I couldn't resist, I just couldn't resist.....damnit, I had to watch.

The intro is a lot more quality then the previous games, lots more scripted things, animation looks better.

Melee combat looks pretty much spot-on with oblivion though, really "wishy washy" and just backpeddlign while swinging your sword about with no real strategy/tactics.

Why can't anyone match Severance's combat system? So rewarding when you have so much depth to melee combat and you actually need to learn to dodge/block well, counter, etc.

Still though, the game looks fun. Can't wait, just 12 more days, I REALLY hope my pc is up by then, if would get my case here already.

Not going to watch. I'm rather amazed and surprised at myself for the restraint I've shown in terms of watching or looking at any spoiler-ish media. Damn it's going to be Christmas come early for me when I get this thing. :)

Not going to watch. I'm rather amazed and surprised at myself for the restraint I've shown in terms of watching or looking at any spoiler-ish media. Damn it's going to be Christmas come early for me when I get this thing. :)

I haven't watched either, but its proving difficult. I want to see this so badly, but I don't want to ruin that feeling that I know I'm going to have at midnight on the 11th when I first fire it up.

I haven't watched but it's probably only because it was pulled before I could. :rolleyes:

What he said:
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim looks so good on Xbox 360 (and presumably PS3) that the studio is aiming for minimal visual difference between console versions and the PC counterpart

What I read:
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim looks so good on Xbox 360 (and presumably PS3) that the studio is aiming for minimal visual difference by using shitty textures in the PC version.

I wonder why game devs never release the original textures (in whatever format), which I'm guessing to be much higher resolution.

Still it's the gameplay that keeps me playing. They seemed to have tried hard to make sure 100+ hours of play won't feel repetitive. Sounds like the music will be good for that.

I don't think this means that the game will look identical. He specifically said you can bump up resolution (most likely talking about textures as well as video space). Not to mention we can force things like SSAO and AA using drivers. I'm pretty sure the PC version will have scalable draw-distance as well. Though high-quality effects like subsurface scattering, deferred rendering, tessellation and whatnot are all probably missing. No big whoop: The X360 videos I've seen look great. If the game is like that, only at eyefinity resolution with AA and at 60fps, I'm happy.

What he said:

What I read:

To put it in context, that's NOT what Todd said, that's what the interviewer extrapolated. This is what Todd said...

"All of our art's really high-res. There are little things we do with all of our games on PC and the PC texture sizes are going to be as big as you can make them and you can pump the resolution up obviously."

"But most of that... What we want at the end of the day is that the game looks the same. The benefit you get is when you're playing a PC game you're playing this far away [demonstrates a short distance], when you're at home on your console you're usually sitting about six feet away so the game looks the same."

has any PC game play been shown any were? the menus look really really consolized not happy if thats what we get stuck with on the PC

To put it in context, that's NOT what Todd said, that's what the interviewer extrapolated. This is what Todd said...

Seems like he was taken out of context then. That definatly sounds better.

Anyone else trying to go into content lock-down mode now that we're less 2 weeks from release? Need to shut out all information/screenshots/video/music/etc about the game to maximize enjoyment for that first day of play.

Yes. I do throw on the Official Trailer now and then for the music an Sydows kick ass voice over.

Anyone else trying to go into content lock-down mode now that we're less 2 weeks from release? Need to shut out all information/screenshots/video/music/etc about the game to maximize enjoyment for that first day of play.

I am... not easy, but I was able to avoid the intro sequence videos. I don't think I've ever been quite this anxious for a video game release. I didn't get into Morrowind until after I played Oblivion, so when that came out, I got it day one because I thought it looked like an awesome game, but I didn't know just how awesome this series was. I've already warned my wife to make plans for that weekend, cause i'll want nothing to do with her :p

Man, I was thinking about not picking this up right away, but now I can't even stay away from this thread. Played Morrowind and Oblivion, definitely sunk a shit ton of hours into Oblivion, never finished either. Very excited for this game.

I can't decide whether I should go into lock down or just soak it all in. The game gets released the day before I fly out for 6 weeks for work related stuff where I wont be able to touch it, and I highly doubt I'll have time on the day of its release to even install it let alone play it... so I'm undecided if I should go into media blackout mode all the way until I actually come back and have time to play it (close to Christmas) or just give in and watch it all now.

I'm avoiding too much media, like the the intro. I might selectively look at some stuff.

The intro is 23 minutes? I'm guessing they mean playable intro like in Oblivion then. I'll wait...

So I was reading around and found out the soundtrack to the game will be 4 CDs worth of music and each disc will be at least 70 minutes of music. This suggest to me a game that's not very small. :)

Search engine that and you'll see I'm not making that up. :)

He makes it sound like we can select an ultra-high resolution for the textures if we want. Will we be able to?

Back