Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

So holy shit i just put the Skyrim DVD into my PC and it made the scariest nosies i have ever heard come from my DVD drive.. I stopped it once to be sure it wasnt raping the dvd.. I let it go and it started auto start about 30 seconds later after what sounded like archaic DRM or somthing on the disc lol

Anyone else have that happend with a physical media install ?

right ever since I moved out into satellite only internet where usage caps are literally 15GB a month my ability to download games has come to a halt.. i can barely keep them patched lol

So holy shit i just put the Skyrim DVD into my PC and it made the scariest nosies i have ever heard come from my DVD drive.. I stopped it once to be sure it wasnt raping the dvd.. I let it go and it started auto start about 30 seconds later after what sounded like archaic DRM or somthing on the disc lol

Probably demons coming from the game. Here's some evidence for that.

Are you related to this guy by any chance?

0e47f13726ce3b1371dfdcd517c0ac36.jpg

Hoarders: Skyrim Edition?

yup I was referring to becoming a vampire first...then a werewolf...anyone know if it's possible?

From the uesp wiki

Upon transforming into a Werewolf for the first time, you automatically cure all the diseases you may have acquired. It will even cure you at ANY stage of vampirism. This means you cannot be a vampire and werewolf at the same time. You are also immune to all diseases in your werewolf and regular form, if you are inflicted with Lycanthropy. You cannot contract Sanguinare Vampiris until you are cured.

From how I understand it, the soul value dictates either the strength of the enchantment (if it's a percentage type boost) or the amount of initial charge if it's a damage value enchant.
I understand soul gems have charges for enchanting and refilling, and that higher gems hold more charges. But here is the part of the process that I am confused about:

If the maximum charges I can apply to an item is 94 (for maximum damage based on the slider), why would I want to use a grand soul gem to create it? (which holds 1600)

Now I ask, does the amount that you can enchant damages and charges increase based on your Enchanting skill? Right now 94 charges/max damage, but say with more skill I could increase to say 200 charges while keeping max damage. If it does, that answers my question.

anyone know how does the Mage Armor perk works? so I have to have a armor value of 0 for it to get it in??

ie. cloth everything?

I understand soul gems have charges for enchanting and refilling, and that higher gems hold more charges. But here is the part of the process that I am confused about:

If the maximum charges I can apply to an item is 94 (for maximum damage based on the slider), why would I want to use a grand soul gem to create it? (which holds 1600)

Now I ask, does the amount that you can enchant damages and charges increase based on your Enchanting skill? Right now 94 charges/max damage, but say with more skill I could increase to say 200 charges while keeping max damage. If it does, that answers my question.

To answer your underlined section, you wouldn't. It would be a waste if a grand soul gem.

To answer your bottom question, I believe the amount of damage and maximum charges depends solely on your Enchanting skill. The size of the soul gem only determines the amount of initial charge (like I said in my previous post).

To answer your underlined section, you wouldn't. It would be a waste if a grand soul gem.

To answer your bottom question, I believe the amount of damage and maximum charges depends solely on your Enchanting skill. The size of the soul gem only determines the amount of initial charge (like I said in my previous post).

For at least some enchants, the soul gem used also affects the power of the enchantment. I was enchanting a Magicka reduction and Regenerate Magica on my armor, and with a common soul gem it was 1% reduction and 10% faster regeneration - but with the Grand soul gem (I think it was - maybe the one below grand) it was 6% reduction and 10% regeneration. So the reduction amount was based on the soul gem used, since my skill level was the same.

I thought I had lost 15 or so hours, but I got them back. I can't imagine 60... Also when I load my games it crashes almost every time. I get super pissed when it happens.

For at least some enchants, the soul gem used also affects the power of the enchantment. I was enchanting a Magicka reduction and Regenerate Magica on my armor, and with a common soul gem it was 1% reduction and 10% faster regeneration - but with the Grand soul gem (I think it was - maybe the one below grand) it was 6% reduction and 10% regeneration. So the reduction amount was based on the soul gem used, since my skill level was the same.

And as I said in my previous post (before that last one) if it is a percentage-based enchant then the soul gem matters. Apparently no one read my detailed post on this matter here.

Basically it's like this:

Damage/absorb/"point-based" or "charge-based" enchants = enchant skill (soul gem size determines initial charge amount)

Regen/skill buff/"percentage-based" or "permanent" enchants = soul gem size + enchant skill

The reason I didn't bring that up (again) in my last post was because he was only concerned with charge-based enchants.

did that to me as well
frist thing i thought was DRM from the early 2000's :eek:

Ha, The DRM where you just hold the space-bar down and completely sidestep it?

oooh, silly developers.

As foolish as it sounds, I'm considering starting a new character. Not a good sign. Maybe my attention span is failing in my old age. I want to try a race that I haven't touched before. I'm choosing between Breton, Dunmer, Argonian or Khajit. Any thoughts from the experts? Thank you.

So I keep reading that dual-wielding pickaxes and "attacking" ore mines it faster. However, every time I've tried this it does nothing. Did it get patched out or something?

As foolish as it sounds, I'm considering starting a new character. Not a good sign. Maybe my attention span is failing in my old age. I want to try a race that I haven't touched before. I'm choosing between Breton, Dunmer, Argonian or Khajit. Any thoughts from the experts? Thank you.
Breton - Ideal if you want to RP a pure mage. I'd consider them sort of half-elven type characters, to make a AD&D analogy.

Dunmer - My personal favorite race due to the very thoroughly developed backstory and lore from TESIII. Sort of similar to the Drow (aka Dark Elves) from AD&D, but not blatantly evil (the Altmer are way more "evil" than the Dunmer in TESV). Good jack-of-all-trades race, with an emphasis on Destruction, Light Armor, and Swordsmanship. Very flexible race for RP purposes, both in terms of skill specialization and alignment.

In TESV, the backstory leading up to it is that the entire island of Vvardenfell has been destroyed in the aftermath of the events of TESIII and TESIV, so your character would be a refugee who fled west from Morrowind to Skyrim. The Nords don't like Dunmer, but it's more obvious in the eastern part of Skyrim, especially Windhelm.

Khajit - In general not particularly skilled at magic, but good for RPing thief or assassin types.

Argonian - I'd have to check to make sure, but I think the Argonian nation is aligned with the Thalmor in TESV. Some interesting RP potential here, with an Argonian Dovahkiin.

The plus side of playing either Khajit or Argonian is that you don't have to deal with the ugly ass hair styles for the other races.

Your initial choice of race only really matters in terms of RP. In terms of game play (combat mainly) with how Skyrim is setup initial choices in character creation doesn't matter. You just can easily play an Orc mage or Bosmer warrior or Nord thief if you want to RP as one in terms of game mechanics.

Went to a friends today and a few of us just sat and watched him do some of the thieves guild missions for a few hours. It was actually entertaining just spectating and seeing how a different person works with their character.

I have been dual wielding for quite a while although when I started I was a sword and board warrior. I'm getting my butt kicked but I have a good number of 1h/Dual Wield perks. Is it a terrible misuse of potential to go back to being sword and shield for a while until I toughen up?

Hmm, I just tried running the 4gb loader which worked fine less than 5 hours ago and now I'm getting a message saying it can't find the required executable. A little fiddling later and I do a cache verify, which reveals that 181 files didn't pass muster. Steam is currently downloading over 5gb of skyrim related data now. I'm at the end of my rope with this game. It's my dream RPG so far, but if steam and the game engine/ini files want to keep taking turns shitting the bed on me, I'm shelving it until I feel like starting over when the coast is clear.

in labyrynthia now looking for the staff

What level are you? I ran across this last night, never made it inside after a couple Troll tussles. I know I can sprint away from them, but I prefer to take them down.

Hmm, I just tried running the 4gb loader which worked fine less than 5 hours ago and now I'm getting a message saying it can't find the required executable. A little fiddling later and I do a cache verify, which reveals that 181 files didn't pass muster. Steam is currently downloading over 5gb of skyrim related data now. I'm at the end of my rope with this game. It's my dream RPG so far, but if steam and the game engine/ini files want to keep taking turns shitting the bed on me, I'm shelving it until I feel like starting over when the coast is clear.

lol @ Steam related problems.

*looks over at DVD case of Skyrim*

Everyone kept talking about how hard trolls are, but at level 25 and beyond or so, trolls have given me no problems. So far the hardest enemies I've had to face were:

The Dremora dudes when you go into that one guy's soul to get the Azura's Star

Back