Ekwb Nickel Plated 2080ti Block After 3 Months Of Use With EK Clear Cryofuel.

thesmokingman

Supreme [H]ardness
I dont get it, whats wrong with this image?

Soooo you're gonna buy pure metal blocks of only one specific metal type? Like a pure copper block or pure silver block?

Huh what? Blocks are made from pure electrolytic copper. I don't get your question, what other metal are they made from? Pure silver what??

mvmiller12

Gawd
+1 for the Koolance coolant. Been running it for YEARS and 0 problems. And if there were going to be problems, I would have them. I let this shit run in systems for 2 or 3 years at a whack. When I swap out parts (soft tube with QDCs), I am not afraid to mix in different Koolance coolant colors when I top off the reservoir. Despite that, still 0 problems. Clean blocks and seals, no corrosion anywhere. Aluminum rads & nickel plate blocks or Copper rads and copper and/or nickel-plate blocks, all good.

And the price for it from Performance PC's is very reasonable if you are planning on buying pretty much anything else with it to qualify for the free shipping. (Speaking of Koolance coolant pricing - the Amazon pricing for this is plain stupid - as in $25/bottle vs PPC's $14 last time I checked)

Rizen

[H]F Junkie
I'm pretty sure I am going to switch to AquaComputer moving forward. I have a lot of money in EK products, but I'm absolutely pissed about how they've handled the situation with the Loop Connect.

I gave up with mine and bought a full AquaComputer controller setup (Octo controller for fans and Farbwerk controller for RGB plus 6x splitty4s) and it is by far the best vendor software I have ever used for a cooling product. It is amazingly good. I am driving a full 24 fans, 2 pumps, and 26 RGB devices with it simultaneously. No issues. Everything works, everything is driven by PWM based on loop coolant temperature, and it even tells me how many amps/watts each device is pulling. And the best part is - every PWM header is controlled by the controller's microprocessor, so you simply save the settings and you can close the software. Nothing needs to be running in the background, so no worries if there's a crash or software bug.

This is my loop idling in a ~25C room.

1601233166591.png

Last edited:

Rizen

[H]F Junkie
Added some details to the post above about my setup ^

tl;dr I am very impressed with AquaComputer. They are a bit more expensive but the quality lives up to the cost.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Added some details to the post above about my setup ^

tl;dr I am very impressed with AquaComputer. They are a bit more expensive but the quality lives up to the cost.
Sexy dashboard. Need a flow meter? I have a Koolance one I no longer need.

Rizen

[H]F Junkie

Iratus

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm pretty sure I am going to switch to AquaComputer moving forward. I have a lot of money in EK products, but I'm absolutely pissed about how they've handled the situation with the Loop Connect.

I gave up with mine and bought a full AquaComputer controller setup (Octo controller for fans and Farbwerk controller for RGB plus 6x splitty4s) and it is by far the best vendor software I have ever used for a cooling product. It is amazingly good. I am driving a full 24 fans, 2 pumps, and 26 RGB devices with it simultaneously. No issues. Everything works, everything is driven by PWM based on loop coolant temperature, and it even tells me how many amps/watts each device is pulling. And the best part is - every PWM header is controlled by the controller's microprocessor, so you simply save the settings and you can close the software. Nothing needs to be running in the background, so no worries if there's a crash or software bug.

This is my loop idling in a ~25C room.

View attachment 283402

damn I need to update my version of aqua suite, it do not look like that

Rizen

[H]F Junkie
damn I need to update my version of aqua suite, it do not look like that
Yeah this is my first time using it, basically out of the box settings with my Octo controller except I renamed the temp sensors and the two PWM headers for the pumps to match up with how I'm using them. It's nice.

Pasic

Weaksauce
Ill just leave this picture here. Ive had Zero issues since purchase date.
GPU has long gone out of the loop, but rest is still used. I've back flushed radiators and changed coolant once 5 years ago. (y)
1604997622761.png

Attachments

• 1604997576928.png
    1604997576928.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 0