EKWB has RTX 2080 and 2080 Ti full cover waterblocks available for preorder, shipping September 20

Armenius

Extremely [H]
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blo...er-for-nvidia-geforce/geforce-rtx-20x0-series

upload_2018-9-4_12-49-27.png

Backplates are also available.

I had them in my cart today, but left them there. These blocks are becoming too expensive to replace every couple years. $200 w/ backplate, plus tax and shipping... I'll wait until I get my 2080 TI, to decide if it's keeper before deciding on aftermarket cooling.

I'm waiting for the MSI 2080Ti Sea Hawk EK that ships with that cooler already installed.

I'm waiting for the MSI 2080Ti Sea Hawk AiO. I've got the 1080 Ti version, which performs great. Cool, quiet, and effortless. But I'll wait for reviews with thermals before I leap.

I had them in my cart today, but left them there. These blocks are becoming too expensive to replace every couple years. $200 w/ backplate, plus tax and shipping... I'll wait until I get my 2080 TI, to decide if it's keeper before deciding on aftermarket cooling.

That's pretty much why I got out of watercooling my PC. Air cooling the CPU started to perform just as well with similar noise levels. I still use an AIO cooler for my 980 Ti so I might be looking at the MSI Sea Hawk or similar depending how loud the new cards get with the air coolers.

Exactly what I did. Normally I'm all over the waterblock from day 1, but with the SLI days now firmly behind us and AIB cooling solutions both quiet and effective, I'm going to pause before jumping in this time. Especially given how little of an edge water cooling seems to give you now for OC purposes.

Exactly what I did. Normally I'm all over the waterblock from day 1, but with the SLI days now firmly behind us and AIB cooling solutions both quiet and effective, I'm going to pause before jumping in this time. Especially given how little of an edge water cooling seems to give you now for OC purposes.
I agree unless I was to get a 16 core + processor. After my three 1080ti EVGA hybrids died in a month I have a bad taste in my mouth. The MSI 1080ti with air cooling performed just as well.

It’s not like the old days where thermals mattered a lot more.

I agree unless I was to get a 16 core + processor. After my three 1080ti EVGA hybrids died in a month I have a bad taste in my mouth. The MSI 1080ti with air cooling performed just as well.

It’s not like the old days where thermals mattered a lot more.
Well thermals do still matter. It's just room temperature is now the breakpoint for maximum overclock, but we still need to keep them under 80C to get the most of what we can achieve.

Well thermals do still matter. It's just room temperature is now the breakpoint for maximum overclock, but we still need to keep them under 80C to get the most of what we can achieve.

That doesn’t seem as hard with these 12”+ monstrosity aircooled cards as it used to. ;). And both Ryzen and Pascal seemed to hit a wall at ~2Ghz.

You could be right with the 2080ti though. 50% larger die we’ll have to pay attention if it’s cooling or power constrained. I can run a custom block but would rather not if possible. I am personally more concerned about power constraints.

Back