EK or Danger den 8800 gtx block?

RayDaddy

[H]ard|Gawd
Curious to know what you guys think here.

EK 8800 gtx waterblock

VS>

Danger Den 8800gtx block

Which do you like better and why?

Which should i buy

Liang D4 pump, TDX, Maze chipset, dual 120 rad, dual bay res.

about 5 feet of loop

I've heard mention that the EK might perform better. And it's just such a sexy block!

still looking for any more opinions on the subject.

anyone used both? curious

From what i have read and looked at the EK will do a better job. Has more cooling potential, and looks better.

looks like it has deeper channels and can move more water i think so too but just looking for opinions. EK is new to me but I hear good things

Idle or load?

you won't see a difference in the performance of these blocks, most likely you'll looking for quality of the block and EK has a better quality built compared to DD, I'd put my money on EK to worth a while!

They're both probably great blocks.

But I know Danger Den has excellent customer service.

I was going to buy a full kit from DD but they have yet to respond to several emails. Decided on EK for build quality.

There's a thread either here or over at XtremeSystems from a guy that opened his DD8800 after a few weeks and found a bunch of crap that was building up on the rough edges of the poor machining on the copper channels.
When you see the EK and the DD opened up, side by side, you'll know why everyone says get the EK. The copper channels are much deeper, the machining is beautifully crafted and the overall build quality is much much better.
The prices are comparable but the quality is not.

EK has better build quality. DD's quality is questionable.

Jeez can you say landslide? anyone want to defend DD? think i may have decided then. can't seem to find a advocate for the DD so why buy

Excellent choice, EK looks better, performs better, better quality, same price.. whats not to like?

All of the EK blocks i've seen are all beautifully crafted and designed.

Back