EK Fluid Gaming A240R water cooling kit :)

shspvr

Gawd
Very nice water cooling kit right off bat I saw 15+ degree drop with this replace my old H60 and add GPU after all Vega do get a bit on warm side after a while which was hit 70+degree with stock air cooler.
My Intel i3570k hover around 30 degree and staying at or below 60 degree after 30 min of run time with Prime95 all stock setting.
Now my Vega 56 hover around 20 degree bear lee get to 40 degree with everything max out with Furmark after 30 min of run time 1440p with all stock setting, I got say it good buy so far so I'm very happy camper with it, how ever I get some luck there premix bottle was leaking because of loses bottle cap and there are not using any kind use of aluminum bottle cap hot foil sealing.
wew.jpg

Last edited:
Change the Block out so you can use Gallium...and run Glycol, telling ya.

what are temps like with both running and are you overclocking at all?

Change the Block out so you can use Gallium...and run Glycol, telling ya.
No thanks I pass on Gallium as I'm not that stupide as every knows that Gallium will caused structural failure with aluminum which what my kit all made of.

I have no interest in doing that as it is more then fast enough for me.
ok I was asking if you were, it was yes or no.
can you give gpu+cpu temps then? so others can get at least a bit of idea how it performes with both cpu ang gpu under full load. you are one of the few people with this setup...

ok I was asking if you were, it was yes or no.
can you give gpu+cpu temps then? so others can get at least a bit of idea how it performes with both cpu ang gpu under full load. you are one of the few people with this setup...
What would like me to use ? pendragon1.

Cause it's aluminum block...all you gotta do is get some cheap copper block..and spread the gallium well. and when it does cure I've seen about some of the best temps before.
it's works the best with copper..not quite as good with nickel either....it fuses into it like. and have to run glycol...ran shit for years with glycol and it doesn't eat shit up like they say it does lol

so the temps in your op are the temps with both cpu and gpu running full load at the same time? im reading you op as you tested cpu and gpu separately.
yeah if you dont mind do those too please, if you dont mind. it helps get more info about these out.

go find some better seals or make some for some more toxic stuff put in the loop man...that said I still think you should just run glycol...the inhibitors in it are more than adequate I promise you.

Ive thought about this myself, but the lack of expandability and customizability have me thinking ill stick to a custom loop with copper blocks. Glad its working out for you though!

Ive thought about this myself, but the lack of expandability and customizability have me thinking ill stick to a custom loop with copper blocks. Glad its working out for you though!
it is expandable though. and this post has the new vega gpu block.

it is expandable though. and this post has the new vega gpu block.

I guess i was focusing on the lack of aluminum parts to customize/expand out from the included parts: ie angled fittings. Ive heard EK is working on releasing those however, so maybe that has improved/will improve

go find some better seals or make some for some more toxic stuff put in the loop man...that said I still think you should just run glycol...the inhibitors in it are more than adequate I promise you.
I went this kit because it is much more afford which come everything out boxes, but did add few extra items like some 45 and 90 degree fitting and premix bottle and taller reservoir tube and filling bottle all in $330 with S/H which is far less then the copper stuff which would have been over $500 for all of the parts

Last edited:
I went this kit because it is much more afford which come everything out boxes, but did add few extra items like some 45 and 90 degree fitting and premix bottle and taller reservoir tube and filling bottle all in $330 with S/H which is far less then the copper stuff which would have been over $500 for all of the parts

Yeah if you would of bought just about any full copper kit, would of payed quite a bit more....that said it's okay kit..could of used a little more powerful pump though...that pump is like bare minimum in reality.

Actually should just get more china stuff get a 20$ copper block a 30$ copper rad, and some pump that is 500L/H or greater, preferably more like yeah 600-650L/H that will cool you're needs better...that's whyyyy they laughed at that kit dude lol..Does it look like I fuck around either? lol I'll go get some damn 800L/H unit tell you all to fuck off lol

Last edited:
Screenshot 1 Cold each of the below test where run for 30 minutes
test1.jpg

Screenshot 2 just with Furmark only
test2.jpg

Screenshot 3 just with Prime 95 only
test3.jpg

Screenshot 4 both Pime 95 and Furmark
test4.jpg

so, 6 months later. hows it running? im thinking of getting this when i upgrade my system.

Back