EK-FB KIT GA X58A (UD9) Waterblock

Hey guys,

I plan on getting into watercooling in the near future and want to pick up this:

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/b...58-chipset/ek-fb-kit-ga-x58-ud9-nickel-1.html

It's a complete board kit for the UD9 (NB/SB). I want to know if it's possible to just put this waterblock on without watercooling. So basically it would act as a heatsink until later when I can get the rest of the watercooling components. I haven't installed the board yet into my case, so it would be hassle to have to take it out again later and do this. If I can just get this waterblock and install before assembling all the other components it would be easier.

Is that do-able or would this serve no purpose unless it's watercooled?

thanks,

Darius

I wouldnt do that, chances are you will burn something out. You really don't even need to water cool the bridges on the x58 boards unless you plan on doing some extreme overclocking. Give us some system specs and we can make recommendations on WC system. Also whats your budget?

Case: HAF X
Mobo: Gigabyte UD9
CPU: i7 930
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Memory: Corsair XMS3 Dominator GT 3x2GB
PS: Corsair AX1200
GPU: 2x ASUS ENGTX460 TOP DirectCU 1GB
Hard Drives 1: OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 60GB (OS)
Hard Drives 2: OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 120GB (Games)
Hard Drives 3: WD Caviar Green 2TB (Storage)
Burner: LG BH10 6x Blu-ray BD-R

I just got all that equipment recently and haven't put any of it together yet. But I will have to wait a bit before I can get some watercooling equipment (lack of funds hehe). So right now I am planning on setting it up on air but was wondering if I could get that EK waterblock for the mobo now instead of later so I don't take the mobo out again.

Darius

That is a sweet setup, i have the UD9 also, but i am getting it ready for
some extreme overclocking, but i am still wondering if the watercooling is necessary.

but that block set up is so sweet, that if i decide to put it in a case down the road, i would
probably do the watercoolin just because i would get a bit better overclock,

I would definitely watercool the CPU because that will get some real world speed gains,
so if your gonna do the CPU the why not the board.

that is my thinking.... keep us posted!

Back