Eizo SX2461W - Anyone got it or seen it alive?

felix_w

n00b
Hi all...

I am in the "painful" process...yes...of choosing a monitor for my new workstation...

It seems that the Eizo 2411 is not available anymore and the options i have are the SX2461 (1200€) and the S2431 (980€)...a price difference of 220€...

Other options could be the well known LG L245WP (P-MVA @ 660€) and the LG W2600HP-BF (S-IPS @ 920€))...

I owned 2 Eizo CRT's in the past and i have to say that i am absolutely satisfied...the question is...does the company keep the good quality in LCD's too...or to be more specific...is the quality difference from other monitors proportional to the price difference?

Anyway...i think that newer products may have improvements from the previous ones, so i guess it is a good choise to buy an SX2461...

Does anyone have personal experience of the monitor to enlighten me ? :)

Any help appreciated..

Thanx...

Hi all...

I am in the "painful" process...yes...of choosing a monitor for my new workstation...

It seems that the Eizo 2411 is not available anymore and the options i have are the SX2461 (1200€) and the S2431 (980€)...a price difference of 220€...

Other options could be the well known LG L245WP (P-MVA @ 660€) and the LG W2600HP-BF (S-IPS @ 920€))...

I owned 2 Eizo CRT's in the past and i have to say that i am absolutely satisfied...the question is...does the company keep the good quality in LCD's too...or to be more specific...is the quality difference from other monitors proportional to the price difference?

Anyway...i think that newer products may have improvements from the previous ones, so i guess it is a good choise to buy an SX2461...

Does anyone have personal experience of the monitor to enlighten me ? :)

Any help appreciated..

Thanx...

choosing a monitor for my new workstation...
It depends on what kind of work will be done - will photo images be involved, or HD Video, or games ...alltogether...

does the company keep the good quality in LCD's too
Built quality yes.

is the quality difference from other monitors proportional to the price difference?
By no means.

The rule says you get what you pay for.
Eizo is an exception. You pay double for what you get.

You need to read this short explanation of monitor panel technologies.
Despite record breaking price tags, VA panels is a maximum that you can get from Eizo in the consumer market. Their monitors are very well equipped but it does not justify 2x or 3x price for a VA monitor.

I'd go for NEC 2490 (Or 2690 if you can't buy 2490). I think its H-IPS panel is overally better then PVAs used in Eizos.

Thank you for your replies.

Main use of the monitor will be for my projects, CAD and text, i haven't played games for years, but its a good oportunity to start (if any free time :) )...so since i am not a hardcore gamer (and probably never will be, that's why no TN) and that my eyes can locate any tiny detail (very irritating, i cannot be calm)...i guess that i have to do my best on choosing the right moitor...

I forgot to say that i already have knowedge of the +/- of the different panel types...(if you have a greek-to-english translator read this post), though i found the article that albovin suggested very good and informative...

The actual problem is that many times theory has a chaotic distance from reality, so can a Product that you use be totally diffent from what the Specs state...

My interest is for avoiding faulty design issues, as the Dell 2408 backlight non-uniformity issue for example, or the great input lag on the same screen...It's less possible for Eizo to have eye-catching defects as these, i think, but...who knows?

As for the Nec's....the 2490 is not available in europe and 2690 can be found for 1450€ with shipping xpenses which is beyond my limit..1200 for an Eizo is already a bit itchy for my pocket, but if it's worth it...An other matter with the 2690 is the supplier...it is located outside my country so if anything happens and i have to send the monitor to get a new one, i will have to be charged for shipping costs again (150€ cost)...

Generally i prefer to purchase expensive products from online stores that do have a physical store near me, so i can claim replacement/refund first-person if anything happens...

Thank you again for your replies...Glad to be member of this forum..

Back