EIZO FlexScan HD2442W

Catdog

n00b
Someone know this display? Looks like EIZO finally noticed gaming market and prepared something special for us. It's very expensive but... EIZO is EIZO and I'm looking for 24-inch display with no traditional weakness. With good colors, fast and with no input lag. Is EIZO FlexScan HD2442W worth it's price? :)

Someone know this display? Looks like EIZO finally noticed gaming market and prepared something special for us. It's very expensive but... EIZO is EIZO and I'm looking for 24-inch display with no traditional weakness. With good colors, fast and with no input lag. Is EIZO FlexScan HD2442W worth it's price? :)

I don't think so.
Eizo 2442 test.

EIZO is EIZO and I'm looking for 24-inch display with no traditional weakness.
What is "traditional weakness?"
Good monitors have no traditional weaknesses.
Poor monitors have.

According to prad.de test, Eizo 2442 has input lag ~40ms.

Eizo 2442 viewing angles (Right - about 60 degrees off axis):
eizo2442colorshiftpq9.jpg

With good colors, fast and with no input lag.
Monitors with no lag are nothing to look at so far.
Best monitors usually have moderate lag (~30ms).

Is EIZO FlexScan HD2442W worth it's price?
With a little exception, Eizos have never been worth their price.
I don't know what 2442 price in US will be, but..

Compared with the most popular 24" PVA monitor (Dell 2408), Eizo 2442 has same basic performance (colorshift, black depth and CR) with some pros:
no wide gamut
auto brightness
scalar with one extra option
24p support
For gamers only - same or minimally better input lag.

Cons: screen positioning

Is it worse 2x+ price?

Note: usually for the price of 24" Eizos or less you can get higher class monitor with better equipment, better colors, better viewing angles, without colorshift and glow, with less input lag.

Thank you very much for your help, Albovin. I think I will try find something less expensive but still good for gaming. BTW I don't care about prices in USA, I live in Poland :)

Back